Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm 100% certain that casual content you can queue for is meant for the player base that's still stuck in Heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post
    Someone hasnt understood that the main target for warfronts are new 120s. who else needs your main faction reward and 340 gear?
    its a catchup mechanism not a a gear mythic raider thing....
    I would hardly call 1 Item / month a valid gearing strategie for mythic raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I would hardly call 1 Item / month a valid gearing strategie for mythic raiding.
    Yet in your OP your main objection is that it 370 ilvl is outdated now.
    So how is it?
    To be frank the people 'needing' 370 are Mythic raiders, if players need it and dont do Mythic raiding AND 1 item matter so much, then it simply means they are probably bad players and said 1-item upgrade even at 385 would matter little for their progression in HC raiding or Higher M+ keys.

Funny thing about ilvl is that one item upgrade matter less the worse player you(not you ) are. Improving ones gameplay matter a hell of a lot more.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2018-09-21 at 08:27 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Its not that the 370 item is outdated.

Its that the early boost from it and form filling any holes you have left in your gear by the unlimited 340 rewards was a mass ive early boost for the horde in M+ and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I'm 100% certain that casual content you can queue for is meant for the player base that's still stuck in Heroic dungeons.
    yup its the content aimed specifially at crowd that is stuck in hc dungeons / wq . anyone thinking different is delusional at best

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Its that the early boost from it and form filling any holes you have left in your gear by the unlimited 340 rewards was a mass ive early boost for the horde in M+ and raids.
    Massive boost for some casuals perhaps. Raiding guilds and non-casual M+ players already had more or less exclusively 340+ equipped by that time.
    It was a really good way to boost alts with very large ilvl upgrades, nothing more.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I have been spamming high keys like mad. Don't really care that my 370 wasn't an upgrade. However, I do care that my fucking mage that capped 4 hours prior got a 395 TF item from its first Warfront. So fucking stupid. AFK in an un-losable, 0-effort scenario to get an item that dwarfs any piece my mythic raiding main has gotten from hours, and hours of grinding +10s/Uldir. Modern WoW's reward systems are stupid as fuck.
    just so you are aware, it's possible to lose a warfront. There was proof of this posted the day they came out for Horde. if 10 or more players are afk the base will eventually get overwhelmed by alliance NPCs and Eitrigg will die. I assume the same can be said for whatever your Eitrigg equivalent is, that Donald Trollbane guy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Warfront gear isn't meant to compete with Mythic+ dungeons and Heroic/Mythic raids. It's casual content you can complete in about 20 minutes with minimal effort.

It's more or less just a catch up mechanic to boost characters from 320 up to the 350 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    When the horde got them 370 was something really good, nowadays it is almost considered outdated because of its low itemlevel. It is really a weird concept when the main feature of an expansion is obsolete for many main characters before it even launched.

Mind you, I am not saying here kill that feature completely, but I think the main selling features of an expansion should not exclude anybody right from the start.

Possible solution imo: Mythic warfronts for premade 20 groups but balanced around mythic raiding level where losing is actually a very likely outcome. Reward is would be 385 instead of 370.

Opinions?
    We don't need more overabundance of good gear. But if you make it as difficult as a mythic raidboss i'd be fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who enjoyed Warcraft3 and old Alterac Valley a whole lot, I played the Warfront for my enjoyment and the experience, not because of the potential gear upgrade.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

If you see warfront as a way to gear up your main(since this is what op is saying) you have failed,warfronts are a catch up mechanism for alts,just be happy they didnt wait for a whole tier to add it >.> We reached a point were we whine about free items.And if you think that cause hordes got ONE item earlier were better than us then you have failed even more >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I'd just be happy if the 370 was a weapon... those seem to be the most in demand items right now.
    I seriously hope it is not a weapon on most of my characters. The only point to warfronts is to farm the transmog and the 370 one (tier3 warfront gear) essentially has a 1 month lockout. I'd rather have some of the visible pieces than a weapon which I can get from raids or m+ dungeons. Heck I got the (terribly itemized) Uldir 2h sword from the weekly event chest last week on my warrior.

Other than that warfronts work best for alts and they work well for that.

Alos please no mythic version of warfronts. I don't need another activity that fills up my calender with events, unless it replaces another progression path (rated bg anyone? ) I'd rather have it as an optional side activity than another "do this to stay competitve" must-do..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-09-21 at 09:26 AM.

iLvl greatly devalues over time. First 350 BoE's went for 500K-1M, then they dropped to the 200K-300K region, now you're lucky to get 10K-30K. So yeah, the alliance got shafted.

OTOH, you should look at this in context. This is queue-able content. The is a vast number of people out there than only do group content that is queue-able. for them the world ends at Heroic dungeons (325) and LFR (340). For them the waterfronts are a loot tsunami the first time it opens. Everyone else has far better options than Warfronts for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Massive boost for some casuals perhaps. Raiding guilds and non-casual M+ players already had more or less exclusively 340+ equipped by that time.
    It was a really good way to boost alts with very large ilvl upgrades, nothing more.
    Whist your mostly correct , there is a limit to gearing speed from M+ , people may get unlucky etc and miss a few slots.

The waterfronts are unlimented , you could sit there for 48 hours constantly grinding it to get the last few items you need.

For the top guys its small to be fair , but even a few iLVLs can make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Whist your mostly correct , there is a limit to gearing speed from M+ , people may get unlucky etc and miss a few slots.

The waterfronts are unlimented , you could sit there for 48 hours constantly grinding it to get the last few items you need.

For the top guys its small to be fair , but even a few iLVLs can make all the difference.
    But the loot is predetermined essentially. Those bracers will forever have the stats you don't want and banking on a huge TF is usually a very poor gearing strategy, even if some scrubs tend to get by with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I want to feel sorry for Mythic raiders, I really do. But I think the are doing just fine and don't need to have a 1 time item just for them quest item. Not that I'm opposed to a mythic version of warfronts.
    Im not in any raiding guild, i get by with pugging and running dungeons with a small groups of friends and even for me warfronts feel completly obsolete on both alt and main. On both my chars there are very few slots i dont already have a 370 item from mythic+ or from pugging hc raid.

imo this feature shouldve launched alongside raids (as it was for hordes), not 3 resets later.

But the problem goes beyond that, the scenario is so damn easy, its impossible to fail it. LFR is harder than warfronts.
    Unless warfronts is changed to be actually challenging and requiring teamwork (and rewards are increased to refelct the difficulty) i dont see myself doing it more this expansion unless i decide to level another alt and even then itd proboly only be once.

The 370 piece i got went straight into the scrapper. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Im not in any raiding guild, i get by with pugging and running dungeons with a small groups of friends and even for me warfronts feel completly obsolete on both alt and main. On both my chars there are very few slots i dont already have a 370 item from mythic+ or from pugging hc raid.
    I dunno, the 370 item is most likely an upgrade for anyone who doesn't raid and anyone who just runs LFR and that is the bulk of the player base (it was an upgrade for all my toons). As you noted, it's a can't fail loot catch up. A 30 minute group World Quest. We'll just have to wait and see if Darkshore offers better. I imagine it's quest will offer 385, but won't happen until after the new raid is out.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2018-09-21 at 11:38 AM.

Im still angry that fresh 120s could spam Warfronts for gear AND rares were reset twice, while nothing reset for Alliance and they placed an arbitrary requirement to even queue for Warfronts.

"Sorry you had to wait two sub cycles to even play Warfront, but now you have to be 320 to enter."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    While they got a 370 item from the world boss some alliance got 2 370+ items from the world boss... I myself got a trinket and a azerite chest from it on alliance.
    Good for you. I got gold and ap.