Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    looking at the state of things i think that pvp would be a very bad idea for this warfront. it would probably be horde controled 90% of the time, if not more.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Expected too much. Warfronts are pretty much boring. Only good to gear alts and that's all.

If it had heroic/mythic/PvP difficulty, then that would be intereseting. Otherwise? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker9 View Post
    I think they tried to label it as "WC3" style to get people hyped, aside from looting iron and wood it feels nothing like it.
    I felt the same way... but kinda worse, because there weren't even any iron looting in Wc3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I never felt like we were ever at risk of losing.
    Well, I was in mine for well over half an hour or so - I think we did our best to lose. Basically all the buildings and troops were ignored by most in favour of just going and killing stuff.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Let me remind you that Ashran was basically a "pvp warfront" and it didnt turn out so well.
    Also need to consider that if there are more meaningful versions like heroic or mythic, they would have to have better rewards and then they would feel mandatory by players and THEN players would complain so much about all the obvious flaws and overall poor quality of content that the current warfront is.

if they make it more challenging then it's gonna be even more frustrating since it's queued content.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Yeah, I would love to see it as a battleground. Not saying I'd set foot in it ever, but it cries out to be made into one.
    Hmm.... battleground........

One where you collect resources and do handins...... get to summon elementals....... have "bosses" to kill on the way.......
    It is just me? Did we not already have this? Was it not called Alterac Valley? Was it not dumbed down to a race to the end making all the "events" pointless?

To me warfronts do remind me of AV - but somehow "less".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Hmm.... battleground........

One where you collect resources and do handins...... get to summon elementals....... have "bosses" to kill on the way.......
    It is just me? Did we not already have this? Was it not called Alterac Valley? Was it not dumbed down to a race to the end making all the "events" pointless?

To me warfronts do remind me of AV - but somehow "less".
    Actually summoning frost elemental is kind of useful again - after scaling he is extremly powerful and one shots people. Only very few people know about it and the process of summoning.

Personally I believe the biggest fail of Warfronts is that they have put it behind a "Goldsink Gate". Crafting items and giving them away just to start the thing feels bad. Especially when crafting is now so expensive. The mats to make most things are so expensive that its much more attractive to sell mats than it is to give 10k worth of mats to this gathering phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should have PvE and PvP warfronts. Let the PvE one reward the weekly 370 so people aren't obligated to do the pvp one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    Actually summoning frost elemental is kind of useful again - after scaling he is extremly powerful and one shots people. Only very few people know about it and the process of summoning.
    So looking forward to REAL AV games again in Classic!

it should have never been group content it should have been a solo scenario with an aerial camera like the plant vs zombie minigame in hillsbrad.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    So looking forward to REAL AV games again in Classic!
    Personally I think AV right now is in a pretty good shape actually. Probably the best state since vanilla. It is well balanced, there are several ways to win, it lasts long but not days, and the winning process is not brainless.
    Cant say the same about IoC which is total shitshow and should have been removed from the game with SoA.

Now that I've had a chance to play warfronts (Alliance), I believe their biggest problem is tuning. It's worse than LFR! Is Blizz so down on casual players (surely they tuned this for casual player base) that they are afraid to have game features for them that are even remotely challenging?

I don't feel like I'm playing warfronts; I feel like I'm going for a ride. I don't mean AFK, because I'm not a slacker. I just don't feel that what I do in warfronts matters. At all. It's just run around and fight stuff or click on glowy stuff and wait for the inevitable victory. Surely Blizz anticipated this part - how could they not? How could they expect that this would be engaging game play?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I definitely could see Blizz building on this giving us mythic Warfronts that aint a push over and where the enemy dont derp and really go in for the kill and not just wait to be steamrollered!

Also doesnt WoW now have AI tech? That certainly could give it more of a challenge for people who love a good challenge.

I must say i love Warfronts and i hope to see more of it though i just wish it wasnt so godamn gated!

They cant make warfronts pvp because the wow engine is so poor that even top end computers will choke when 60+ players are on the screen at once casting spells. They need a totally new game engine for that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    Also doesnt WoW now have AI tech?
    That being the enemy team on island expeditions? The only difference I see vs regular mobs is that they constantly jump for some reason.

Its glorified Alterac valley

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Dear Blizzard, Some feedback about Warfronts from a player that genuinly care about World of Warcraft and just want the best game possible.

I am all for having a version of Warfronts that literally everyone(with 320) can enter and have fun with if you design every feature in the game to be doable by everyone and their grandmother it is impossible for you to make engaging content. You have limited your own creativity by trying to make everything in the game for everyone.

Warfronts could be(and I'm not exaggerating) the most fun feature to be added to the game since... maybe ever? IF it had the following:

- An HC and Mythic PVE version. Right now warfronts feel like playing an easy opponent in Warcraft 3, it doesn't really matter what you do you will be okay, but it is an excellent way to learn the mechanics. However, it is not nearly as fun as it could be if you actually had to strategize and learn all the little tricks to win and the actual danger of being overrun would make it feel more like a real war.

- A Battleground version. Whether you keep all the mechanics, just use the esthetics, it almost doesn't matter. Just give PVP'ers something man! You have this awesome looking new zone and its used for basically nothing but an LFR 2.0 scenario? Warfronts could be what AV used to be, and that would be incredibly fun for SOME people, which is OKAY. Making something(which you already have every asset for) that will only be fun for 15 or 20% of the player base is great, that is how you make great content!

- A Rated PvP version. Probably scaled down but keep the general mechanics(maybe replace resource farming with peon/peasants doing it) This could be it, this could be the wow pvp esports that everyone could watch and enjoy.

Blizzard, you have created this awesome zone and more is coming, you have created neat UI and wonderful mechanics but removed the reason to care about them.

- Thanks for reading
    Dear Casual, Average MMO-C member,

Blizz will not read this here. Go post on the offical forums.

Thanks for not even considering this.

Thought this was gonna be a whine thread, but yeah those are some pretty basic things that should be added that could make things better, OP.

I dont feel this should be a PVP thing at least not yet but there definitely should be multiple modes of difficulty for every play style.

Normal Queable mode which should stay as it is.

Heroic mode that MAYBE could be queable that isnt such a faceroll

Then lastly Mythic that is none queable and you need to create a group with the best rewards to justify the difficulty.