Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    There some dumb threads on MMO Champ but the density of dumbness here is blackhole level.

The OP started off by not understanding how tax works and that was actually a highlight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    The world wide web is not the internet. It runs on top the internet.

Facts are facts. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not true. No alternative facts in the real world.

And the name calling is not needed.
    the name calling is needed because the world is sick of yanks appropriating everything. you had a minimal hand in the world wide web and the internet, hell you didn't even invent the computer.

- - - Updated - - -

The world wide web is not the internet. It runs on top the internet.

Facts are facts. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not true. No alternative facts in the real world.

And the name calling is not needed.
    also this is besides the point any way NON of YOU'RE or the guy you replayed to's tax dollars get spent on the internet, the ISP's handle that. which was the original point you side stepped. the internet was always going to happen and the french actually made a lot of the big packet switching leaps.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-09-23 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    the name calling is needed because the world is sick of yanks appropriating everything. you had a minimal hand in the world wide web and the internet, hell you didn't even invent the computer.

- - - Updated - - -

also this is besides the point any way NON of YOU'RE or the guy you replayed to's tax dollars get spent on the internet, the ISP's handle that. which was the original point you side stepped. the internet was always going to happen and the french actually made a lot of the big packet switching leaps.
    No I addressed it here when I said;

Its not run by tax dollars anymore. But tax dollars do help push things forward. Though these days the government wastes far more than it needs to.
    No one said we invented the computer. Nor would I make such a claim. You'll need to re-write history to deal with how we helped build the internet.

And so many US companies had huge influences in the computing industry.

Deleted
    No I addressed it here when I said;

No one said we invented the computer. Nor would I make such a claim. You'll need to re-write history to deal with how we helped build the internet.

And so many US companies had huge influences in the computing industry.
    With stolen patents. Yea. Thieving is what your best at.

So youre original post is in fact wrong as you admit. You tax dollars and his don't go on the Internet. And the Internet would have been made without us meddling. And was still part of the defence budget anyway and the commercial user side was brought to you by company's and reasurch institutes not funded by your dollars.

So your basically arguing over a few cent your parents paid that was taken from the defence budget they would have paid for anyway.

And worse of all trying to use that asanine reasoning in a tax debate. I mean fuck me that's a hell of a stretching to justify higher taxes because the military did some network reasurch in the 50s and 60s reasurch that was already being done elsewhere in the world.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-09-23 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    what ever helps you sleep with your loss.
    I literally quoted you saying that you were a shit posting troll.

Edit: Obviously the mods on this site are useless garbage. No reason to stick around.
    Last edited by Ahhdurr; 2018-09-23 at 05:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    I literally quoted you saying that you were a shit posting troll.
    Which is naming and shaming and against forum rules

It also against the rules just to post in a thread to call some one a troll even if they are. That ones written clear as day in the rules section.

This is interesting.

Companies in no rush to bring home overseas cash

Despite the new tax break, US companies have only repatriated 17% of the estimated 2.7 trillion held overseas.

Some companies that used to identify amounts held overseas in annual reports have stopped disclosing the information because the taxes on them are so low, the Journal reported.

A Federal Reserve report released earlier this month found the top 15 multinational companies accounted for about 80 percent of corporate offshore cash holdings. Some of the money appears to have been used so far for stock buybacks.

At those companies, which in turn had about 80 percent of their cash overseas, stock buybacks "spiked dramatically," the report said, rising to $55 billion in the first three months of 2018, up from $23 billion in the last three months of 2017, before the tax law had taken effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    This is interesting.

Companies in no rush to bring home overseas cash

Despite the new tax break, US companies have only repatriated 17% of the estimated 2.7 trillion held overseas.
    And what is being repatriated is going into useless stock buybacks, along with the overwhelming majority of domestic "growth" that is driven by companies inflating their own stock price.

This is how you get the share price of a company like U.S. Steel going up at the same time that tens of thousands of steelworkers voted unanimously to authorize a strike; people who actually work for a living aren't getting anything and are rightfully pissed off, while shareholders and managers with stock options reap all the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    That final quote talking to that Steel Worker about if Dumbfuck Dump sat down with the Corporate Steel industry buisnessmen:

"As a hardcore, right wing person I would be extremely disappointed if he sided with... you know... the corporate greed side. I'd be really disappointed."

.... I literally shouted "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!" IRL after that.

Seriously... I'm really surprised that after everything, they think Dump was for the LITTLE guy and not the Stock guys!? o_O

Fuckin' trade in that motorcycle and go buy yourself a clue... or at least a computer and talk to people outside your fucking chestbeating "lib-hating" circle-jerk! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    That final quote talking to that Steel Worker about if Dumbfuck Dump sat down with the Corporate Steel industry buisnessmen:

"As a hardcore, right wing person I would be extremely disappointed if he sided with... you know... the corporate greed side. I'd be really disappointed."

.... I literally shouted "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!" IRL after that.

Seriously... I'm really surprised that after everything, they think Dump was for the LITTLE guy and not the Stock guys!? o_O

Fuckin' trade in that motorcycle and go buy yourself a clue... or at least a computer and talk to people outside your fucking chestbeating "lib-hating" circle-jerk! >_<
    It's almost like everyone that voted for him completely forgot decades of the shit Trump tried to do and who he stands for and with. His voters have the memories of fucking goldfish.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

There are people for whom political ideology is little more than an affect or a functional equivalent; who, for instance, think of themselves as right-wing when their interests run counter to right-wing policy preferences. I see this in my neck of the woods within a subset of certain immigrant communities, i.e. the kind of person who came to America to make a better life for themselves and have adopted a Republican affect as an assimilation strategy. A way to "blend in" and present themselves as a legitimate member of the community, when both the stated and functioning principles of actual conservative ideologues, both nationally and locally, is that they are and always always will be a danger to the community and should be removed from it, or at the very least others like them should be kept from following them here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It's almost like everyone that voted for him completely forgot decades of the shit Trump tried to do and who he stands for and with. His voters have the memories of fucking goldfish.
    Its deeper than that. "America should be run by a businessman" is one of the most invidious axioms in American political life. Millions of people voted for Trump based on the proposition of "Hey, that guy has a lot of money and his own TV show, so he'd probably be able to manage the largest bureaucracy in the world pretty well" when the actual political track record of people from American business leadership running governmental institutions has been, for the most part, pretty abysmal.

Its deeper than that. "America should be run by a businessman" is one of the most invidious axioms in American political life. Millions of people voted for Trump based on the proposition of "Hey, that guy has a lot of money and his own TV show, so he'd probably be able to manage the largest bureaucracy in the world pretty well" when the actual political track record of people from American business leadership running governmental institutions has been, for the most part, pretty abysmal.
    When you own a business, things go the way you want them to, regardless of if your decision is a good one or a bad one. People do as you ask or demand, because that is exactly what their job is. The bigger the business, the more potential an owner has of being surrounded by sycophant employees. They're making a ton of money themselves and are way less likely to jeopardize their careers by pissing off the boss with contrarianism, more so in fields where owners are all clickish and the potential for being blacklisted in the industry is incredibly high and with high end real estate companies (essentially what made Trump most of his money), there is a hell of a click, since there's little actual competition between companies.

This is how Trump has attempted to treat the office of President, which as we can see with a fully GOP controlled government, is shit.

[Edit] I get that some people just wanted a non politician in office and didn't really dig much deeper into the details, but we've gone through shitty politicians and decent politicians, but rarely ever a decent businessman as President. Next time, let's just avoid the businessman. In fact, next time, let's elect a theoretical mathematician or astrophysicist. At least we'd get different AND smart, even if it doesn't work out. Can't be much worse than it is now.
    Last edited by Pazazu; 2018-09-24 at 11:17 AM.
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.

There are people for whom political ideology is little more than an affect or a functional equivalent; who, for instance, think of themselves as right-wing when their interests run counter to right-wing policy preferences. I see this in my neck of the woods within a subset of certain immigrant communities, i.e. the kind of person who came to America to make a better life for themselves and have adopted a Republican affect as an assimilation strategy. A way to "blend in" and present themselves as a legitimate member of the community, when both the stated and functioning principles of actual conservative ideologues, both nationally and locally, is that they are and always always will be a danger to the community and should be removed from it, or at the very least others like them should be kept from following them here.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much describes trumps admin to a tee.

Trump surrounds himself with yesmen who don't rock the boat. Its how his corporate life/world view has always been. Its not how our government is meant to work. And its why some people who are not immediate yesmen, Jeff Sessions, are at risk of losing their jobs.

And anyone who thought money was going to come back from overseas with this tax break was delusional. Even with the lowered rate it is still cheaper to house it overseas. There was stock buybacks that occurred and small one time bonuses to a very few companies that doesn't amount to shit.

This is how you get the share price of a company like U.S. Steel going up at the same time that tens of thousands of steelworkers voted unanimously to authorize a strike; people who actually work for a living aren't getting anything and are rightfully pissed off, while shareholders and managers with stock options reap all the benefits.
    Its almost as if these successful business people running the steel industry, know the bump from tariffs is extremely temporary or something....

Well, good. Anyone that voted for Trump deserves what ever bad he brings to them. Face tattoos are better decisions than voting for that slimy bastard.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2018-09-24 at 02:31 PM.

At least the OP was half right about the title of the thread. That tax cut was for corporations and not the "middle class" that Trump and everyone else was peddling when they rammed it through Congress

Did I miss an enormous reduction in national debt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazazu View Post
    let's elect a theoretical mathematician or astrophysicist.
    Leave me out of this. I'd have to be an idiot to run for office with no experience or qualifications to OH WAIT that was your point, wasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazazu View Post
    [Edit] I get that some people just wanted a non politician in office and didn't really dig much deeper into the details, but we've gone through shitty politicians and decent politicians, but rarely ever a decent businessman as President. Next time, let's just avoid the businessman. In fact, next time, let's elect a theoretical mathematician or astrophysicist. At least we'd get different AND smart, even if it doesn't work out. Can't be much worse than it is now.
    I'm generally for the radical idea of electing politicians to political office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Did I miss an enormous reduction in national debt?
    Fuck, no. Again, the OP is cherry-picked bits of information hoping to avoid the falling tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You have a starting corporate tax rate, but corporations in the US never pay that rate because of all the deductions. Corporations in the US usually wind up paying 18-19% which is pretty low. It's even lower now since the tax cuts have passed.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/07/54179...e-in-the-world
    Sooo how many companies move to the US because of this then?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.