Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    As long as it didn't war/titanforge, sure.

They could even have a M+ Season specific trait, like the bonus from Uldir, that would only activate in M+.
    Thats one best suggestion I read in awhile. Too bad chances Blizzard implement that is 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing would be wrong, a M+ player should never feel they had to enter raids and a raider should never feel they had to enter M+.

There should be different paths and they should be separate completely unless you WANT to do both.

I am falling behind in raids cause I have no M+ items, I am just tired of all the trash in dungeons. I wish they had separate gear, so that I could just keep doing raids. The same way I understand those who pref M+ over raids, they should never have to raid either.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Where's my tin foil hat. I know it's around here somewhere!
    Totally tin foil. Because there's so many other valid reasons as for why not to have Azerite gear drop in m+. Yea, diluted gear pool, makes total sense, because adding 2 Azerite pieces per dungeon would be like 10 times worse than what we have now... makes absolutely no sense... They're definitely not adding it to help us with gearing, thinking anything else is obviously conspiracy theory bullshit. Agai, all reasons against it dropping make so much sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those in favor, could anyone of you explain how ppl would not farm it in 1week due to no lockout in M+ and then not having to raid anything but mythic without being bored.
    Explain how it would totally counter BLZ business plan to keep player hooked for long and still be implemented?

Why why why? I would also love to get az.gear in M+ but I would be bored of the conent after that, of all content including shit like Warfront 1x370 now and then, I would litteraly have nothing to do except log in 2-3 evenigs a week for mythic raid cos nothing, nothing at all could offer me an upgrade.

If you remove the possibility of getting an upgrade - people wont do the content cos its simply no point.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    If you remove the possibility of getting an upgrade - people wont do the content cos its simply no point.
    I get stuff because I like to do the content (raid/M+ for me). I don't do the content (hating island/warfront/pvp) to get stuff.
    It was the same in legion, I was overgeared with mythic raid stuff and still doing M+ while expecting nothing from it.

You know ? Play for the pleasure of playing ?
    Blizzard don't have to make elusive/random carrot at the end of the stick for us to pay and play the game. If the content is good (it is for me) we'll play.

So back to the Azerite gear problem. Three weeks of raid and M+, most of my gear is over 360 but I still have the old Azerite armor from Mythic 0 because pieces don't drop and you can't farm/buy/alternatecurrency them. Not the end of the world. Just a frustrating mechanic.

Those in favor, could anyone of you explain how ppl would not farm it in 1week due to no lockout in M+ and then not having to raid anything but mythic without being bored.
    Explain how it would totally counter BLZ business plan to keep player hooked for long and still be implemented?

Why why why? I would also love to get az.gear in M+ but I would be bored of the conent after that, of all content including shit like Warfront 1x370 now and then, I would litteraly have nothing to do except log in 2-3 evenigs a week for mythic raid cos nothing, nothing at all could offer me an upgrade.

^This! It could potentially also lead to the Legion issue where M+ trivialized EN due to being able to farm bis gear from M+ before hand

Honestly if you can efficiently farm m+ 10 or higher to invalidate heroic raiding you already have heroic on farm unless you simply won't join a guild of similar players. At that point relevant content to you is pushing higher keys and/or mythic raiding if we're talking about PvE. If you can't clear heroic and its actually progression raiding for you... well +10s are probably pretty hard too. Honestly though stop and think about this. I'm 4/8m right now which is pretty middle of the road as far as mythic raiding goes. I'm wearing 2x 370 and 1x 340 azerite gear. Someone in my raid is already wearing 3x 385 azerite. That's an insanely huge gap that somehow managed to rng itself into existence in three weeks. The current system is flawed when you can take two people clearing the same raid content and then have a weekly chest reward and one boss drop throw that kind of gap in gearing in nearly immediately while playing together lol. There were people in the raid that didn't even have an azerite piece from the raid or cache.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2018-09-23 at 11:21 AM.

Considering a lot of us went through 2 whole weeks of raiding 2-3 difficulties without a single azerite piece, having it drop like any other item from M+ would make farming +10s until our eyes pop out near mandatory. If it was added it'd have to be in the form of very rare drops or limited obtainability in some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    As long as it didn't war/titanforge, sure.

They could even have a M+ Season specific trait, like the bonus from Uldir, that would only activate in M+.
    I quite like this idea actually.

In addition, having it be a 15 ilvl difference between the pieces feels rather dumb to me in general. Did they ever state the purpose behind that, or "just because"? Ditch the crappy non-scaling system and just have it work like everything else. Keep it unable to Titanforge similar to weapons to allow warforges up to +10 item levels and the problem is solved. Now Mythic+ can drop appropriate item level gear within reason. While I can understand the 370-385 difference between 9 and 10 because of the extra affix, there's no reason that I should finish a +6 on an alt and get a 355 piece that is the same as finishing a +4. While the current Azerite piece scaling from the chest is based on affixes on the key, there's no reason it shouldn't also scale with the overall dungeon difficulty. If I finish a +4 and get a 355, that's cool. If I finish a +6 and get a 355 Azerite piece when base loot for a +6 is 365, I'll probably be upset.

Just get rid of the silly 15 item level gaps in Azerite pieces, only allow warforging up to +10 like on weapons, and have the pieces scale properly with the M+ weekly chest like all the other loot does.

Deleted
    Azerite gear makes me miss legion legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Late-Legion Legendaries, sure.

Deleted
    wont keep people subbed for the azerite carrot.

I think a reasonable compromise is to not drop it in the weekly cache but instead have it drop from end of dungeon bonus rolls. That way you can target the pieces you want without it being unfairly spammable. The chance of getting at least 1 piece from two rolls should be about the same as getting an Azerite piece from a full raid clear. I would also cap it at 370 for M+. Only mythic raids should drop it at 385 given you have to clear the thing to have a chance at the best pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Tell me about it, this system is so much worse for RNG. atleast if you had a shit legendary you still had a high level item, now with azerite if you dont get azerite from you dont get shit.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

As opposed to farming all the non azerite gear easily because there's 3 less slots to fill and then only doing the 1 necessary m+ each week and nothing more, which people would do anyway if azerite dropped because of the higher ilvl piece.

I already have a bunch of dungeons where the only way i get an upgrade is wf/tf/socket. Making azerite available would only prolong the time m+ dungeons are relevant

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Because M+ is infinitely farmable, while Raids are not. If you need a certain piece of Azerite gear, you can theoretically farm the same M+ for 100 times every week, whilst in raid, if it didn't drop and you didn't get lucky with coin, you're done for the week.

IMO, the ideal solution is to make the Weekly Cache always drop 1 Azerite Loot + 1 Non-Azerite Loot. IIRC, that's Blizzard's plan to make weekly cache more "Generous", but apparently they took back their word...

I don't know if this is a popular on unpopular opinion, but I think them treating azerite armor as so "unique" and "special" was just kind of a mistake, and not worth that treatment for the rewards it delivers. It should be more common and it should be able to war/titanforge, too. They're treated like they're Legion Legendaries, when that's not at all what they're like. (Though, I think that's what Blizzard thinks they are). If they were more like that, I'd be okay with them being treated as "special".

In general, I think the expectations vs reality of what they were trying are all just completely wrong, and they haven't really thought this through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    As opposed to farming all the non azerite gear easily because there's 3 less slots to fill and then only doing the 1 necessary m+ each week and nothing more, which people would do anyway if azerite dropped because of the higher ilvl piece.

I already have a bunch of dungeons where the only way i get an upgrade is wf/tf/socket. Making azerite available would only prolong the time m+ dungeons are relevant
    Prolong them a short time - sure, but would still make BLZ lose money over time.
    Also what you forget is that ilvl will increase with new raid tiers, what you refer to is the period of time where maxlvl loot ie. 10 is not giving you something cos you got 370+ already in every slot.
    What you also dont take into acount is a player in your position is like 0,8% (shooting from the hip) of the playerbase.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2018-09-24 at 08:00 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    what am i supposed to do with that information? how is what you said contributing in any way to the discussion at hand?
    your name says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsy View Post
    your name says it all.
    nice necro....

anyway, that was a legit question, op was talking about bosses in m+ dropping asserite gear and you come in and talk about how you got your guaranteed drops from the weekly chest. Surely you can see how my question was justified