Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jaina does not thirst for revenge, she's just...human

Spoilers about end story of Kul'Tiras Alliance side.

Have none of you ever been so conflicted and lost in your lives that you simply picked a strand of sanity in your vision of the world which helped you not descend into madnes and despair at how fucked up the world is, even if that strand of sanity was not a healthy one?

Have you not seen and understood emotionally what Jaina deals with every day of her life? Abandoning Arthas? Abandoning Daelin? Uther? Failure to protect those she cared about and betrayal from those she trusted?

Her character is being portrayed as vengeful and begun a descent down her current path because her mind half-snapped. She's had no reason to believe in anyone's views of peace anymore and worst, she's had no reason to believe in herself anymore.

Belief in others through her ideals led her to suffering after suffering. On top of that, she's a woman, which comes without a joke with a certain amount of by default insanity which is unleashed when their feelings are betrayed. Now maybe this doesn't fit Warcraft's narative where everyone is larger than life in a way, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

At any rate, she's been lost, lost for a long time, tired of everyone's bullshit and thankfully she's found a reason to believe again thanks to her mother and her people taking her back again. Unfortunately, her people all have a bone to pick with the horde also, so...it's not necessarily the best environment for her to get her old self back again fully. We will see in time with 8.1.

Believe in Jaina, and she'll believe in the world again.
    Edit: removed the last sentence since everyone seems to be hanging on it like I'm trying to start some shit or something.

Last edited by Kul Tiras; 2018-09-23 at 11:21 AM.

I mean you're right, but you're missing the point. Ignoring your obvious "patriarchy" garbage which may or may not be an alt-right troll or not, Jaina IS human. This doesn't excuse anything she's done. She's made mistakes, she has regrets, she's not even really a "hero" at this point in the same sense that anduin is. And that is what makes her an interesting character. She's made mistakes constantly over the entire warcraft lifespan, and that failure and human aspect is the most interesting part about it.

She's honestly one of the better portrayed characters in Warcraft history, because she isn't a generic "evil" or generic "good" character. She has and continues to battle her demons, and that makes her relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    I mean you're right, but you're missing the point. Ignoring your obvious "patriarchy" garbage which may or may not be an alt-right troll or not
    What the fuck are you talking about? There's no hidden meaning in what I write, what you see is what you get.

And how am I missing the point? I said literally the exact same thing you did, in different words.

7+ Year Old Account
    She is the sexiest human lore character.. better not die i require WoW waifus
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

There is a really nice quote from her:

"I did my best to notice, when the call came down the line, up to the platform of surrender, I was broad but I was kind. And sometimes I get nervous when I see an open door. Close your eyes and clear your heart. Cut the cord. Are we human? Or are we dancer?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? There's no hidden meaning in what I write, what you see is what you get.

And how am I missing the point? I said literally the exact same thing you did, in different words.
    He's talking about this MRA bullshit: "At least, unless blizzard gives her writing to some idiot intern who believes in white privilege and that the male patriarchy deserves to die or some shit"

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    He's talking about this MRA bullshit: "At least, unless blizzard gives her writing to some idiot intern who believes in white privilege and that the male patriarchy deserves to die or some shit"
    Well yeah, that's what happened to Bioware and ME:A writing. Have you seen their writers and the messages they were posting on their twitter and facebook accounts before the launch of the game?

Y'dont have to worry on that one Kul Tiras, the fact is that Blizz is one of the few companies that keeps politics as far as possible from its own games, the closest thing they ever did to politics is making tracer gay and they dont really tend to make as big a deal of it as most other game devs.

Its a "Shes a woman, shes strong" not "shes a strong female that dont need no man" character, Jaina clearly does need support, and she gets it, in the form of her mother who gives her the sympathy she needs to help her.

If there was feminism in the writing of Jaina's latest story it was a "good" iteration of feminism, not the forced cringefest that was Andromeda or The Last Jedi.

Yes theres an element of it you could consider in the fact that her father figure was not the best father when it came to listening to his daughter, but the fact is Jaina *did* love her clearly in her childhood and thus I dont really think blizzard is that kinda company that will go down the "we need more black female chars in wow" approach or suddenly start raving on transexual chars in video games.

Fact is, blizzard does the logical thing to focus *away* from that and they're smart to do so.

Believe in Jaina, and she's believe in the world again. At least, unless blizzard gives her writing to some idiot intern who believes in white privilege and that the male patriarchy deserves to die or some shit.
    Can you not? It was a pretty good post up until that.
    (By the way, "male patriarchy" is pretty redundant)
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-09-23 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She is also hypocrite.

Jesus fucking christ replace the last sentence with "some idiot itern who has no skill in writing" instead, why is everyone getting so hung up on that part?

Jesus fucking christ replace the last sentence with "some idiot itern who has no skill in writing" instead, why is everyone getting so hung up on that part?
    Because you've bared your neurotic opinion to an internet forum and thrown away your soapbox.

to be fair this expansion is being strong focused on "womans", while previous expansion was "half to half where you had both male and female lore main characters here you have almost a "female domination in the lore, with few male characters and most of the then doing little to nothing, like nathanos, like anduin, like baine and many others, this expansion focus being strong females or females "rising in power" like jaina, talajani, like bolvar daughter like jaina mother like lady ashenvale and others.

this is pretty clear so far which this expansion was being to focus more on females at last on the start, only on 8.1 which we gonna get some male guys doing something like voj'jin and saurfang but also we gonna get the "rising of tyrand and talajani which the possible death of her father in the raid.

I'm not sayiing which blizzard is going "full SJW" but is clear which they are trying to push more "female" characters in the front of the game in that expansion.

I felt like Blizzard said it best with her talking with Kalecgos (forget where, Before The Storm?) about how she feels like all she has left is hatred without all those things that grounded her. So when she was rejected by Kul Tiras she was ready to give up entirely. Thankfully things worked out in the end but good grief talk about pulling someone away from the brink.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    I mean you're right, but you're missing the point. Ignoring your obvious "patriarchy" garbage which may or may not be an alt-right troll or not, Jaina IS human. This doesn't excuse anything she's done. She's made mistakes, she has regrets, she's not even really a "hero" at this point in the same sense that anduin is. And that is what makes her an interesting character. She's made mistakes constantly over the entire warcraft lifespan, and that failure and human aspect is the most interesting part about it.

She's honestly one of the better portrayed characters in Warcraft history, because she isn't a generic "evil" or generic "good" character. She has and continues to battle her demons, and that makes her relatable.
    Anduin isn't a hero, hes a shallow character who stands for absolute good. That doesn't equal hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I felt like Blizzard said it best with her talking with Kalecgos (forget where, Before The Storm?) about how she feels like all she has left is hatred without all those things that grounded her. So when she was rejected by Kul Tiras she was ready to give up entirely. Thankfully things worked out in the end but good grief talk about pulling someone away from the brink.
    Her death or descent into madness would have been one of the most tragic ones in the history of Warcraft.

I hope they stay smart and don't write her off as "The lord admiral who seeks vengeance for her people's past suffering" hereon, although I would understand how her heart would have been galvanized with that sentiment stamped upon it as an anchor to keep her sanity steady.

At this point I'm afraid to how she would even react to seeing Thrall again - will she remember an old friend who shared her ideals, or will the memory be bittered down by all the resentment she feels for the horde, her thoughts clouded by feelings of misstrust...

Deleted
    No she's a fucking awful leader.

Theramore was entirely her fault. She was a pacifist that allowed HER city to be used as a military staging point to attack Horde Lands. She made Theramore a target that had to be destroyed by the Horde.

In Dalaran she kills many of own citizens then just abandons the city in a time of crisis because she gets outvoted. She leaves the city because it's government operates as intended

So presumably she'll do something equally fucking moronic in Kul'Tiras.

In short nothing she's done since cataclysm has been worthy of belief
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-09-23 at 11:39 AM.

The people who already understand it, you don't have to convince. The people that still DON't understand, are horde hypocrites, that just hate her to hate her, whom you will never convince. Ergo, pointless thread kinda, even though you do bring up some good points.

Spoilers about end story of Kul'Tiras Alliance side.

Have none of you ever been so conflicted and lost in your lives that you simply picked a strand of sanity in your vision of the world which helped you not descend into madnes and despair at how fucked up the world is, even if that strand of sanity was not a healthy one?

Have you not seen and understood emotionally what Jaina deals with every day of her life? Abandoning Arthas? Abandoning Daelin? Uther? Failure to protect those she cared about and betrayal from those she trusted?

Her character is being portrayed as vengeful and begun a descent down her current path because her mind half-snapped. She's had no reason to believe in anyone's views of peace anymore and worst, she's had no reason to believe in herself anymore.

Belief in others through her ideals led her to suffering after suffering. On top of that, she's a woman, which comes without a joke with a certain amount of by default insanity which is unleashed when their feelings are betrayed. Now maybe this doesn't fit Warcraft's narative where everyone is larger than life in a way, but it's a thing to keep in mind.

At any rate, she's been lost, lost for a long time, tired of everyone's bullshit and thankfully she's found a reason to believe again thanks to her mother and her people taking her back again. Unfortunately, her people all have a bone to pick with the horde also, so...it's not necessarily the best environment for her to get her old self back again fully. We will see in time with 8.1.

Believe in Jaina, and she'll believe in the world again.
    Edit: removed the last sentence since everyone seems to be hanging on it like I'm trying to start some shit or something.

So what, vengeful is not an human emotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    She is the sexiest human lore character.. better not die i require WoW waifus
    You have Whitemane. And Ashvane.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2018-09-23 at 03:43 PM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.