Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"He is your true creator"

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator." -Emerald Nightmare boss

I was playing Uldir the other day and noticed the trash in one of the rooms: oozelings of corrupted blood, taking the shape of...various animals? Unstable, sure, but we've never seen them do that before. Then I remembered something Xal'atath said...

"The tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption, considering their origins."

Simply put: I think the old gods created all life. Not just corrupting titan constructs, but literally everything else. Discuss?

7+ Year Old Account
    Those animals were experimented upon by the titans.

They were then corrupted by g'huun, its blood didnt form into them.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering the Curse of Flesh made all those Titan constructs gain flesh and become human in all aspects, you could say that most races are how they are because of the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    yogg-saron created the 'curse of flesh' he was also responsible for the emerald nightmare, it was only because of him that we are even in this mess to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Considering the Curse of Flesh made all those Titan constructs gain flesh and become human in all aspects, you could say that most races are how they are because of the Old Gods.
    Partly. Most races are a balance between Order (the Titans) and Chaos (Old Gods). Just like one of Legion's themes was finding the balance between Light and Shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Partly. Most races are a balance between Order (the Titans) and Chaos (Old Gods). Just like one of Legion's themes was finding the balance between Light and Shadow.
    But according to NPC's in Drustvar in Barrowknol Cementery where you doing quests, the balance is gone forever because we defeated burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

I was playing Uldir the other day and noticed the trash in one of the rooms: oozelings of corrupted blood, taking the shape of...various animals? Unstable, sure, but we've never seen them do that before. Then I remembered something Xal'atath said...

"The tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption, considering their origins."

Simply put: I think the old gods created all life. Not just corrupting titan constructs, but literally everything else. Discuss?
    I think what Xal'atath is suggesting is that Tauren aren't Curse of Flesh'd from a Titan construct, but somehow trace their origin to the Old Gods. Somehow.

However, we know the Night Elves, and the trolls from which they descend, weren't Curse of Flesh'd - though I suppose you could make the argument they're still Titan constructs as they come from life blooming around the original Well of Eternity. Thus, they were directly created, intentionally or not, by Azeroth.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

one thing i never understood is why all the old gods minion/titan watcher/the priest blade never comment on orcs and draenei both aren't native of azeroth and so no tainted by CoF
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Trolls and elves arent from CoF either. I think it's just dwarves, gnomes and humans.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    one thing i never understood is why all the old gods minion/titan watcher/the priest blade never comment on orcs and draenei both aren't native of azeroth and so no tainted by CoF
    I never understood why Orcs and Draenei don't get a big "what are you outlander?" every time we interact with such NPC's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    I never understood why Orcs and Draenei don't get a big "what are you outlander?" every time we interact with such NPC's
    Why would they? You'd have to believe the Old Gods have been ignorant of everything that's been going on on Azeroth, which obviously isn't the case.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Why would they? You'd have to believe the Old Gods have been ignorant of everything that's been going on on Azeroth, which obviously isn't the case.
    I was referring to the titans and titan-constructs.
    We're being referred to as Azerothians or children of Azeroth.

You'd think they'd be surprised to see Draenor Orcs or Argussian Eredar on Azeroth, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods, more specifically Yogg-Saron, created the Curse of Flesh. You could say the Curse of Flesh created "life" in the sense that it transformed many titan-forged into living beings.

Steel became flesh.
    Circuits became veins.
    Oil became blood.

Not sure if the titan-forged were even sentient and had individual thoughts, feelings... but in a sense you could say Yogg-Saron is God.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Yeah, that's probably the intended message. Without the Curse of Flesh the Titan constructs are just robots without personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Chaos is actually Fel which is the twisted version of Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

I think these are the known events in order:

1. titans arrive and order azeroth, creating mountains and oceans then leave.
    2. old gods create the black empire.
    3. trolls fight the black empire.
    4. titans return, destroy the black empire, kill yshaarj, imprison other old gods, clean up the mess, place watchers, and leave.
    5. curse of flesh infect titan constructs, creates dwarves and humans.
    6. present day.

events i think are not set on the timeline:

a. arrival of old gods. They could have arrived before or after the titans first visit. If they arrived before, they stayed hidden / undetected. They could have also arrived not all at once but some before and some after the first visit.
    b. who created the trolls or tauren. Trolls and tauren may have been created during the first visit by the titans, or by the old gods before or after the titans first visit or by elune, or evolved naturally.
    c. elune's arrival.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    How is it that those who think about lore this much never read the associated lore?
    That whole room "Chamber of failures"... if i recall correctly... houses beings that came into existance after animals were experiemented on. With the boss inthere being the result of multiple Loa being experimented on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think these are the known events in order:

1. titans arrive and order azeroth, creating mountains and oceans then leave.
    2. old gods create the black empire.
    3. trolls fight the black empire.
    4. titans return, destroy the black empire, kill yshaarj, imprison other old gods, clean up the mess, place watchers, and leave.
    5. curse of flesh infect titan constructs, creates dwarves and humans.
    6. present day.

events i think are not set on the timeline:

a. arrival of old gods. They could have arrived before or after the titans first visit. If they arrived before, they stayed hidden / undetected. They could have also arrived not all at once but some before and some after the first visit.
    b. who created the trolls or tauren. Trolls and tauren may have been created during the first visit by the titans, or by the old gods before or after the titans first visit or by elune, or evolved naturally.
    c. elune's arrival.
    Except that's not the order.

Its
    1. Old gods arrived and built the black empire
    2. Aggramar found azeroth and the pantheon cleansed her surface and ordered the planet
    3. Trolls etc. Started to appear.
    4. Years years later, yogg made the curse of flesh.

The trolls never fought the black empire.
    The titans never visited azeroth twice.

The tauren were created by a group of yaungol settling around the WoE, same as with the elves.
    The same most likely happened with the pandaren.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2018-09-24 at 06:08 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Y'all old god spawn better get off my planet!

This is troll land!
    Also Yaungol, but we'd rather share this with the Tauren. Maybe Taunka
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Y'all old god spawn better get off my planet!

This is troll land!
    Also Yaungol, but we'd rather share this with the Tauren. Maybe Taunka

maybe all Troll like you are an offspring of G'huun or some old god! who knows? the apparition of Troll are a big question.
    i saw a theory which explain Troll are uldir guardian corrupted by blood magic.
    but why dont saw any clue of this in Uldir so maybe not!