Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I never got why people always have to compare things. There is a classic/original version of the movie, then there is a new/different version. I never compare things to eachother in such cases, because they aren't made to be compared. If you watch X and thought it was good, then when you watch Y (new X) then it is something different and should stand on its own legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I never got why people always have to compare things. There is a classic/original version of the movie, then there is a new/different version. I never compare things to eachother in such cases, because they aren't made to be compared. If you watch X and thought it was good, then when you watch Y (new X) then it is something different and should stand on its own legs.
    Because a "reboot" is made to be compared to, as it's trying to either grab a new audience, and/or win over the old audience.
    A reboot always looks back...and it either progresses things, or falls backward...and flat on its face.

10+ Year Old Account

The horror...
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    I lived long enough to see all my fave Movie franchises destroyed!!

Just came back from the new Predator movie and iam seriously pissed!

Is there any movie franchise that i loved that hasnt been destroyed?

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Predator, Terminator, FUCKING GHOSTBUSTERS, Robocop, Total Recall, Alien... Need i go on?

I was born in 1980 and i saw these movies like they should and that was on a rented VHS player with parents who rented the movie from a video store and didnt give a fuck showing us even though they was 18/R rating.
    Yeah, those of us born in the early 80's have witnessed our childhood being murdered in front of our eyes. Once they do a Goonies reboot or Lost Boys I'm going to be completely dead inside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noipmahc-omm View Post
    Back in mah day...

Epiphany time. Throw in those movies and ask yourself if it was ever fucking good.
    Yes, they were, random contrarian #8571324 of MMO-Champion forums.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Wait, the new Predator ruined the franchise to you, but Predator 2 was somehow good?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Nah, that's safe. The author of the original book hated the movie so much that they forbade Disney from every touching the franchise again.
    the author of the of the book hated the original movie?? what? how? it was great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Yeah, those of us born in the early 80's have witnessed our childhood being murdered in front of our eyes. Once they do a Goonies reboot or Lost Boys I'm going to be completely dead inside.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they were, random contrarian #8571324 of MMO-Champion forums.
    if i ever see a goonies reboot i will put a bullet in my head...

10+ Year Old Account
    They even managed to ruin Star Trek so badly they had to call in Patrick Stewart to fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    He didnt say the movies were destroyed, he said the FRANCHISE, which Predator, Alien and Terminator have all been pretty much run into the ground. It will be 5 years or more before they try again. (Yes yes, there is a Terminator movie coming out soon, it will be terrible and it will be 5 years before a reboot) The powers that be have no idea how to handle these franchises.
    New movies cannot erase the old ones. Ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    the author of the of the book hated the original movie?? what? how? it was great

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that there is actually a movie about this whole subject with Tom Hanks as Disney?

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Predator, Terminator, FUCKING GHOSTBUSTERS, Robocop, Total Recall, Alien... Need i go on?

I was born in 1980 and i saw these movies like they should and that was on a rented VHS player with parents who rented the movie from a video store and didnt give a fuck showing us even though they was 18/R rating.
    The saddest part is you'd think the person who was involved in the writing and acting in the original would know better.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    New movies cannot erase the old ones. Ignore them.
    I feel like your not getting the point. Ignoring them doesn't help the fact that these shitty movies make it so other movies wont get made. They wont be making a Predator 5 anytime soon becuase they chose to make this current pile instead of a good movie. Id like more Predator movies, I cant ignore that every shitty one lowers the chance of getting a good one. This goes for Alien and Terminator as well.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    It is because of the Hollywood equation and their pro LGBT movement.
    It looks like to optimise movie rendering, they must always follow the same equation which consists of a hero, justice, a woman, a bad guy and a love story.
    They recently adapted their equation to include anti-heroes like deadpool and wolverine but the rest of the equation is the same.
    Hollywood is also pushing a lot to have LGBT/feminists thoughts in their movies. The idea itself of having a non-alpha male achieve goals of alpha male fantasy is contradictory and will make the movies awkward.
    Look at wonderwoman. A woman that kicks butt to save an island. The fantasy that someone can achieve it is an ideology that has been linked to men since forever. The Vikings were praising the idea that great warriors would go to heaven. In middle age it was manifesting as fighting/dying with honor. This concept is a fantasy that was passed to men to hide the truth which is the concept of unavoidable fatality. Now hollywood is trying to be LGBT friendly by imposing un-natural fantasies to its public. Might as well make a movie about a man having menstruation.

If you want real good stories, there is always bollywood (if you dont mind their dance/video clips lol) or japanese movies. They know how to do good content.
    I would ask if you're dumb, but I'm just going to pick at your comment.

It looks like to optimise movie rendering, they must always follow the same equation which consists of a hero, justice, a woman, a bad guy and a love story This has been storytelling since.. we even started having storytelling

The idea itself of having a non-alpha male achieve goals of alpha male fantasy is contradictory and will make the movies awkward.
    Again, the story of the underdog rising to the occasion is nothing new, has been with us since before movies. Also: Common comedy trope, has been with us forever.

Look at wonderwoman. A woman that kicks butt to save an island. The fantasy that someone can achieve it is an ideology that has been linked to men since forever. The Vikings were praising the idea that great warriors would go to heaven. In middle age it was manifesting as fighting/dying with honor. The concept of a female warrior is nothing new, prevalent in many cultures, most famous being Shield maidens of your beloved vikings. and Amazons. And Diana is in fact one of those amazons. And yes, based on a myth.. however it's a SUPER HERO MOVIE. So basing shit on myth in a world where earth also has cosmic immigrants in blue tights, Merpeople, and a middle-aged guy dressed as a bat.. fighting monsters that eat fear or some other shit.

Jeebus

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    At some point you have to realize a few things. 1 these franchises, stories and what have you are "NOT" yours they belong to the audience, and that audience changes even if you don't. The other thing you need to do is get over yourself, movies weren't better just because you remembered them otherwise, they were better because you were likely younger. Lastly you need to learn to let the fuck go and get over it, the story isn't yours, it didn't belong to you and never will, the time however that something you carry with you, but there is no obligation for anyone else to adhere to whatever you expect from a story you already know to be retold again.

Move on, find your own stories, create and have new experiences, OR, adapt, accept that not everything is for everybody and this time maybe those stories aren't for you.
    Shhh, go away, no one wants you here, or even in real life. Which is probably why you only have 46 facebook friends and they're all family

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-09-26 at 02:59 AM.

I think TLJ was the best film in the franchise. leaving that aside. who cares? the great thing about the old movies is.. they still exist. go watch them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    I think TLJ was the best film in the franchise. leaving that aside. who cares? the great thing about the old movies is.. they still exist. go watch them.
    Woah, yeah, um.... I don't know what to say to that. I feel like you must me from another planet.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I thought Predators (2010) was better than both the original and the sequel (predator and predator 2). Probably won’t like the new one though, not enough creepy vibes. I really liked Predators due to the mystery around the characters and the island.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, was crying by the end of the opening premiere. Check out watchmojo.com and search authors who hated movies based on their books. Another infamous one was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There's actually a sequel, but IIRC it's never been made into a movie cause the author hated the first movie so much.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    everything is fucked because they're too afraid to make new content so they keep redoing all the old stuff and it gets worse and worse with each iteration

we need more movies like inception, looper, edge of tomorrow and not superman #5983095839
    Speak for yourself, I am sincerely looking forward to Superman 5983095840, where we finally get the hermaphrodite furry hyper inflated Superman with big neon green appendages that struggles with yiffing bestiality acceptance under the scorne of the cyber neo-pseudo-fascist-placebo Nazis of yesteryear's 360+180'd supposed good guys that were actually authoritarian baddies all along!

Now that's progress!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    dont feel bad millenials are gonna get double fisted with a second live action attempt at avatar: the last air bender, on netflix
    Please tell me that was a joke, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Please tell me that was a joke, please.
    i wish it were but it's not but supposedly the original creators are having a say it in so lets hope its not anywhere near as bad as that movie that you couldn't pay me a billion dollars to ever watch
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.