Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Play a Warlock? 5 Reasons Why You Made a Bad Choice. Battle for Azeroth Class Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X30xP8uAFGE

What do you guys think about his complaints?

What are YOUR thoughts?

I think I'd rather not reward your advertising with clicks.

My Warlock is my first created character and will forever be my main. There's no choice for me for any expansion, it must be my Warlock.
    Can you give your thoughts and opinion on why Warlock was a "bad choice" OP?
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2018-09-26 at 05:19 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    I don't mind warlock gameplay wise, its still a cool class, less lame than mages. But I feel like the tuning in this expansion is completely broken, some classes with their good spells/abilities already do the amount of a chaos bolt damage at lvl 111-112 compared to a fresh 120. Everything feels undertuned heavily for destro and demo, damage is super weak, spells are weak, pets are weak even with demon skin, its just like hunter pet being weak with tenacity and tanky with ferocity, its so badly balanced this is still a beta

it's garbage.
    affili is barely acceptable just as a PvE DPS, the class as a whole has no PVP viability beyond not-being-noticed and just turret DPS throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it's garbage.
    affili is barely acceptable just as a PvE DPS, the class as a whole has no PVP viability beyond not-being-noticed and just turret DPS throughput.
    probably the best overall spec of the tier

but sure...

I dont regret making a warlock. Didn't click the clickbait but here's my response. I have fun playing demonology. I'm enjoying it and I'm not going for world firsts so I'm not complaining in the slightest and am not disappointed one bit.

Deleted
    From my pov all affli need is :
    -buff aoe dmg : soc dmg should be way higher
    - buff shard generation or atleast make corruption ticks give a chance to proc shards.
    As some guy in comment section of this video stated its super hard now on single target to maintain ua 10% dmg buff and stack shard for deathbolt/glare window.

Guy has character names like "Dudeweedlmao", he immediately lost all credibility when i saw his characters names.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Guy has character names like "Dudeweedlmao", he immediately lost all credibility when i saw his characters names.
    I second this. Not even gonna bother with watching the video after reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    probably the best overall spec of the tier

but sure...
    you can have that opinion, it's factually wrong, but you can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by dremerus View Post
    From my pov all affli need is :
    -buff aoe dmg : soc dmg should be way higher
    - buff shard generation or atleast make corruption ticks give a chance to proc shards.
    As some guy in comment section of this video stated its super hard now on single target to maintain ua 10% dmg buff and stack shard for deathbolt/glare window.
    unless they make it sacrifice ST dmg for it then I dont think affli could have better aoe

I stopped playing my lock due to lack of CDs, lack of combat adaptability, massive dps drops in movement fights, mediocre dps on two spec and afflic, the only really viable spec, is boring after playing it for years. I can play a mage and get all of those things and more. I miss MoP Destro lock

yeah okay

it's not like everyone's stacking the shit out of them for the last 2 bosses and ghuun so far hasnt been killed with less than 4 warlocks

the only reason they're flat out not rank1 overall is cause they suck on the few aoe fights like zul and zekvoz (well they dont suck, they just dont have flashy numbers, afflock burst during zekvoz MC is insane for example and super useful)

but they're practically irrelevant compared to mythrax and ghuun in terms of difficulty

all 3 of the hardest bosses have afflocks on the top, and that's what matters.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-09-26 at 06:13 PM.

I'll be frank. I think they are moronic and doesn't understand logs at all. you have 25k affliciton logs, less then 600 logs for Demo and barely 2.3k logs for Destro. In what universe does he think that those specs will beat Aff logs. Everyone is already invested in Affliction and gear focused for it. All the top players are playing affliction. They could give Destro another 10% and that metric wouldnt change even though they aren't 10% behind affliction.

Deleted
    Actually you're wrong and it's your opinion that's factually wrong
    Here are some statistics for you https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...19/#dataset=90 - bump it up or down a few percentiles idc.
    In dungeons they bring some of the highest boss dmg, healthstones, a purge, a aoe stun and gateway skips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the tragedy of having access to one of the best damage dealers that are stacked choke full in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah okay

it's not like everyone's stacking the shit out of them for the last 2 bosses and ghuun so far hasnt been killed with less than 4 warlocks

the only reason they're flat out not rank1 overall is cause they suck on the few aoe fights like zul and zekvoz (well they dont suck, they just dont have flashy numbers, afflock burst during zekvoz MC is insane for example and super useful)

but they're practically irrelevant compared to mythrax and ghuun in terms of difficulty

all 3 of the hardest bosses have afflocks on the top, and that's what matters.
    You know that is because of a utility mechanic and not dps right? We have gateway, so yay, G'Huun is easier. You could stack other classes but this is the easiest stack combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I'll be frank. I think they are moronic and doesn't understand logs at all. you have 25k affliciton logs, less then 600 logs for Demo and barely 2.3k logs for Destro. In what universe does he think that those specs will beat Aff logs. Everyone is already invested in Affliction and gear focused for it. All the top players are playing affliction. They could give Destro another 10% and that metric wouldnt change even though they aren't 10% behind affliction.
    Unless they make Destro or Demo not a standing cannon Affliction is going to be higher in modern raiding due to mobility DPS. DoTs do a lot of damage you can instant cast them. Your filler, Haunt, and UA have purpose but are easy to plan for. The design of Destro and Demo isn't going to beat Affliction unless they really change the fundamentals of Destro/Demo, which has a chance at making a few of their spells mega killers which fucks the PvP balance. The only times Destro has out done Affliction is when you could mobile cast the fillers and SB, or the fights required a lot less movement. Demo is always a cluster fuck, they can't figure out the direction at all and when it was at its best is when Meta existed, now that that is gone to DH, they are at a total loss on how to make Demo good without being insanity OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vims View Post
    Actually you're wrong and it's your opinion that's factually wrong
    Here are some statistics for you https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...19/#dataset=90 - bump it up or down a few percentiles idc.
    In dungeons they bring some of the highest boss dmg, healthstones, a purge, a aoe stun and gateway skips.
    You can swap Rogue or Monk or Hunter with Warlock there and be pretty similar in utility, but add viable Trash dps a thing of importance in M+. We aren't bad at all, but we aren't the be all to end all either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    You know that is because of a utility mechanic and not dps right? We have gateway, so yay, G'Huun is easier. You could stack other classes but this is the easiest stack combo.
    you know you're also topping dps on ghuun right?

and it doesnt matter WHY you're invaluable, the point is that you are

and your single target dmg is insane on top of your utility

afflocks are shitting on everyone in boss damage on most fights
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-09-26 at 06:28 PM.