Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    It's entirely subjective. You also fail to realize this an ultrawide being talked about so it's equivalent pixel density to a 27" 1920x1080 screen.
    Where in the world do i say anything about 27"?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I'm running 34" 3440x1440 100hz gsync with a 1080ti and I think its about the best you're going to do right now without going tooooo overboard. The 120hz 3440x1440 gsync are a few hundred more than the 100hz and you won't be able to hit 120fps in most titles with a 1080ti anyways. If you really want to spend double the money and get a 2080ti then sure get a 120hz but I really feel like at that point you've hit ridiculous levels of diminishing returns on your money.

If you worry about a 1080ti being able to handle it, don't. And while its entirely subjective I do believe gsync is worth it. Its going to smooth out your experience but as always you should see these monitors in action before you make a purchase of that magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Where in the world do i say anything about 27"?
    You were the one who brought up 32" screens and lack of pixel density without being aware of the relationship between a 34" ultrawide and 27" widescreen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    You were the one who brought up 32" screens and lack of pixel density without being aware of the relationship between a 34" ultrawide and 27" widescreen.
    Again why the talk about 27"?

I said that i ahve seen 1080p on alot of 32" screens, wich are UW and it looks like shit. I have never said anything about 27" screens and 1080p
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I have a regular 1080 pushing a 34" 1440p monitor right now, and it looks very nice. I'm running at 90+ fps most of the time with 50+ fps in heavily crowded areas which isn't particularly noticeable (older CPU as I built the computer 4 years ago overall).

The bigger monitor lets me comfortably display my various add ons and still see everything going on around me. If you have the money, I'd say go for it.

Deleted
    I have a 34inch 1080p Samsung TV and alongside my PG348Q (34inch 1440p ultrawide) the difference is extremely obvious.

Powered by 1080ti can get 100 fps in most games on highest settings, some games dip a bit but not regularly enough to casue any significant problem. I would say any RTX card is overkill at this point, especially until we start seeing how many games are actually going to implement ray tracing effectively.
    Last edited by mmoc57bc59579f; 2018-09-27 at 05:32 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I game on a 3440x1440 Gsync IPS Panel running at 100hz and ultrawide is amazing to play on I would link the youtube video but I have not posted enough to have that privilege

I game on a 3440x1440 Gsync IPS Panel running at 100hz and ultrawide is amazing to play on

Here is a link the video I mentioned above
    Last edited by Painted; 2018-09-27 at 05:46 PM.

Again why the talk about 27"?

I said that i ahve seen 1080p on alot of 32" screens, wich are UW and it looks like shit. I have never said anything about 27" screens and 1080p

He only mentioned 27" because a 1920x1080 27" screen and a 2560x1080 34" screen have the exact same PPI, so if you were a person who doesn't mind 27" 1920x1080 you would be okay with the 21:9 variant.

34" will NOT look good in 1080p
    Ummm my 34" ultrawide 144hz monitor is 1080p and is amazing.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonne buy a 35" 21:9 120Hz, G-sync monitor on saturday.
    Ultrawide wow olé
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    He only mentioned 27" because a 1920x1080 27" screen and a 2560x1080 34" screen have the exact same PPI, so if you were a person who doesn't mind 27" 1920x1080 you would be okay with the 21:9 variant.
    Well 1080p on a 27" screen allso looks like shit. Anything bigger then 24" for 1080p looks bad

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Hello,

Currently, I have LG 29" ultrawide monitor running at 75Hz. My 4 years old GPU burned recently and no warranty available.

I'm considering getting either RTX 2080 Ti or GTX 1080 Ti in the next few months.

I spend 6 hours of my day on work mostly web browsing and excel and about 6 hours of entertainment - 3-4 hours of which is playing WoW and the rest playing various other popular titles and watching YouTube. I want to be read for Fallout 76 release in terms of hardware.

Here is the question, should I go with:

1) 34'' at 1080p for higher fps or
    2) 34'' at 1440p for lower fps or

(Both monitors are 120Hz+ G-Sync ready)

or should I stick with what I got right now, monitor is working great and in perfect condition. Will 34'' ultrawide, 1440p, and/or G-Sync improve my overall experience greatly in comparison to my current one regardless of costs?

Thank you.
    https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/87...y/index16.html

Both the 1080Ti and 2080Ti can push decent numbers at 3440x1440 which would be a bigger improvement than simply getting a larger 2560x1080 screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you do dont buy the 1080p, monitors are the component to your kit you will stick with longest.
    Look at it as an investment, you might not have the cpu or gpu whatever to power it fully now but you will get it.
    Will suck to sit with a crappy 1080p (that will look like shit on 34") once you get the rest of the items you might need.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Well 1080p on a 27" screen allso looks like shit. Anything bigger then 24" for 1080p looks bad
    Yeah 10% difference is the line between shit and not shit. Got it.

Kind of stealing this thread, but does anyone know anything about the new MSI Optix 34 1440p ultrawide? I know it just came out, and reviews are hard to find. It really inexpensive compared to most 1440p ultrawides. It's $450 on massdrop and $479 on Newegg. I was looking at getting an UW, but it's really expensive and thought this would be a great option since I want to move up to 1440p.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-018-_-Product

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
    Kind of stealing this thread, but does anyone know anything about the new MSI Optix 34 1440p ultrawide? I know it just came out, and reviews are hard to find. It really inexpensive compared to most 1440p ultrawides. It's $450 on massdrop and $479 on Newegg. I was looking at getting an UW, but it's really expensive and thought this would be a great option since I want to move up to 1440p.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-018-_-Product
    Indeed very little info on it yet. Would be nice to see some input lag figures for it. MSI is generally really solid stuff.
    Also it depends on ones rig a bit, its cheap cos it has freesync and not gsync. Not all care about either of them.
    They are also kinda cheap with "just" 100 hz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Indeed very little info on it yet. Would be nice to see some input lag figures for it. MSI is generally really solid stuff.
    Also it depends on ones rig a bit, its cheap cos it has freesync and not gsync. Not all care about either of them.
    They are also kinda cheap with "just" 100 hz.
    Most UW with gysnc and 20 more Hz are around $800+, and I wonder to myself if those two items are really worth $350+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most UW with gysnc and 20 more Hz are around $800+, and I wonder to myself if those two items are really worth $350+.
    That's really a personal choice how much G-sync is worth to you. It's probably not worth 60-80% price increase though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more curious why it is so cheap even with lower Hz and freesync. For me it pop up a little warning sign cos after all MSI do really good stuff and they are not really in the budget segment with their products.
    Might very well be some shitty spec for it like for example input lag or something.