Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Pro tip: Read all the times I have said I'm not.
    So what's the whine about, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To be fair, there are many people who never played vanilla. This will let some of the liars who claim they played since beta see if they're interested in Classic.
    It won't be the same. That's the joke. It's new WoW in Classic setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I mean if they wanna use it wrong in the past that's one thing. Now they're using the word correctly at last, I'm not gonna whine at them :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm sure there were live streams, but I specifically noted the perks and their availability outside of BlizzCon attendees.

To my recollection, those have only been offered with the BlizzCon virtual ticket for the past few years.

I'm not really sure what your point is.
    The point is only for two years it wasn't broadcast in a live stream format or PPV and the gifts were given to those who who used the PPV. And only two years 05 and 07 weren't broadcast (There was no 06). And the only in game perks you couldn't get were the Murloc Costume (07) and the Murky pet (05). As soon as the stream/PPV was available so were the in-game items to those who purchased and out of 11 Blizzcons, only had items not available to people.

It wasn't a lot of years they weren't available it was 2. Either way, the cloak is a pretty weak WoW reward compared to all prior rewards Usually a pet and twice a mount or in one case a costume. Beta access has been given before, but this is merely a demo. For an increased price, it is sadly a weak Blizzcon for WoW players (going to be content wise as well). Thankfully I play an array of Blizz games so the OW skin is a nice add in and I wouldn't be totally surprised to see a pet a nice faction specific Murloc would be within tradition. Always enjoyed the pet personally. Mount is fancier sure, but eh, a new fun pet is always my favorite and gets a tad more use.

Sometimes I get a little bold and look at prices for the Costume and the Vanilla collectors edition....mmmmmm....sooooo expensive though
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2018-09-27 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    No one forces you to buy it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To be fair, there are many people who never played vanilla. This will let some of the liars who claim they played since beta see if they're interested in Classic.
    Absolutely correct, the thing that strikes me weird as the people who pretend to be hardcore in classic are still hardcore now.

Quote Originally Posted by dhalorien View Post
    fanboys are strong here
    ...if you've read the reply I posted, I said I wasn't even going to be buying the ticket. All I did was list everything that came with the ticket, because once again, the OP only mentioned the cloak mogs. I'm far from a "fanboy", but alright.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

False info in the OP, it is another whine thread. You get a lot more for the money you spend but if you only buy it for the item in 1 game then yea... Nothing is different only that the price is being increased.

Ofcourse people threw already the term fanboy around when they proved that OPs info is false and incorrect. People play a game what they don't like, it is hilarious. Or even worse, they feel forced to be an ingame item because they don't wanna lose out among their friends? Woah.
    Last edited by PlazaPlaza; 2018-09-27 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Because I bought that goddamn virtual ticket last year and they said it there "Azshara is gonna be the Gul'dan of BFA". Gul'dan was in Nighthold, which was the second big raid of Legion. BFA's second big raid is Siege of Zuldazar (w/e the name) and then we have a small Stormsong raid (equivalent of Trial of Valor), just in reverse order afaik (first big one, then small one).

They didn't say "Azshara is gonna be the Kij'jaeden / Argus of BFA". It's Blizzard themselves that spread misinformation on Blizzcons and that's why I can't be bothered with their livestream because half the stuff they say will never make it live or be changed 5 times over.
    When Blizzard said that, they clearly meant it in the context of her being an important "villain" that would usher in the rest of the xpac. They NEVER said she was going to be in the 2nd raid, that's just what YOU wanted to hear. So quit bitching about something that you completely misunderstood.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    I mean if they wanna use it wrong in the past that's one thing. Now they're using the word correctly at last, I'm not gonna whine at them :P
    well i need consistency...

Deleted
    So you are paying $50 for info you can get for free one hour later? Great value there mate. Also a lot of streamers watch Blizzcon live aswell.
    I know right! Imagine all those morons who pay money to go see a football game when you can read about the game for free one hour later? Suckers!

Ok i have other question. Why we, consumers, pay 50$ for marketing bollocks? Activision-blizzard should pay players for watching commercials not other way.

Deleted
    I'm confused.. You get A LOT more than a cloak.
    Can you not read the rest of the list?

Whether you think it's worth it or not, it's still stuff that adds value.
    A lot of people will gladly pay 50$ for a virtual ticket (And nothing else)

You can't just pick an item from the list and say that is 100% of somethings value.
    I'm honestly baffled over you guys thought process sometimes.

I usually don't get involved in these kinds of debates, but it'd be interesting to see if somebody wants to list out what sort of gaming tournaments/conventions cost money to watch online. The vast majority of gaming stuff is free and readily accessible on twitch/youtube/etc. Like you might need to have a sub to chat when Evos on but its essentially free, and the Virtual Ticket doesn't have that kind of chat interactivity even. There's probably something out there, but I don't think the price is really justified for this sort of thing. While this isnt meant to be a direct analogy, but to me its as egregious as the 25 dollar race change fee

I will say that limiting the one week demo of classic to Virtual Ticket holders and not a random free lottery was a smart move, since the have a tangible headcount on what to expect and the servers wont continually crash for a week
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-09-28 at 08:31 AM.

If people are so hyped for a demo of a game they have already played....then I have no words to describe them.....no words.
    Let me fix that for you, regarding the future existence of Classic WoW.
    "If people are so hyped for a game they have already played... then I have no words to describe them....no words."

You have no words to describe the huge population of these very forums clamoring for years, and now getting, Classic WoW.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It's a ridiculous price for what's on offer, that's the problem. I was GOING to buy it but I don't see the point now hence the topic.
    So you are saying you was gonna buy it? Even without any rewards? Or what would you Think would be a reasonable price?

Personally I wouldn't pay 50 dollars for blizzcon but I can understand why people do: Because it's an experience. This is no different to watching a WWE or UFC or Boxing PPV in that while it's true you could wait a couple of hours to get the results, no one is paying for the result, they're paying for the EXPERIENCE. It's a special event designed to entertain you, and in the case of Blizzcon inform you. If you feel that's worth 50 dollars then good for you, I hope you enjoy the experience and that you enjoy your cloak.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

GG Blizzard.
    We may as well say 'GG Xuen'. It makes as little sense as saying it's 50$ for a cloak. Since you get many more when purchasing the virtual ticket. If you don't like the other rewards it's your problem. Many people do like it.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Absolutely correct, the thing that strikes me weird as the people who pretend to be hardcore in classic are still hardcore now.
    I was semi-hardcore in Vanilla. I am a filthy casual now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    I was semi-hardcore in Vanilla. I am a filthy casual now.
    Was casual then but retired now. Will awaken from my slumber to go hardcore casual when they eventually 're release it.