Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drust Flayer View Post
    Actual depth? Like a talent tree or something? I would say no. I have thought of stuff similar to Symbiosis but never did I envision something like this Azerite system, just sayin. A Lightform Anduin would be pretty intense.
    Maybe something like a 4th spec that is based on another class - the 'light form' paladin could be the new paladin tree. Lightform as a second healing spec or something as there is only one class with 2 healing specs at the moment.

I could think of more that aren't desperate overreaches as well as their playstyle and themes are close enough to justify some ability crossover

Paladin/Priest - Focus on 'alignment' magic
    >Lightform for paladins and Balance form for priests shadow and light together as there isn't a spec that balances them currently

Shaman/Druid - Devotion to nature
    >Wild Endurance (shaman tank spec based on the big health/armor druid style) and Elemental form for druids (not sure of playstyle)

Rogue/Demon Hunter - Mobility and dual wielding
    >Chaos focused spec for rogue that incorporates chaos damage, Demon Hunter stealth spec that incorporates stealth and 'surprise' elements

Death Knight/Warlock - Shadow Magic and summoning
    >Shadow spec for death knights that utilizes shadow spells in addition to melee attacks, necromancer for warlock that replaces demons with variety of undead

Warrior/Monk - Focus on martial proficiency, power through training and discipline
    >Kensai type warrior that enchants their weapons with ki power like a DK uses runes and a weapon master monk that incorporates weapon strikes into their combat in more than the current aesthetic way

Mage/Hunter - Ranged attacks with a arcane influence (weakest combination for sure as Hunters aren't focused on arcane, but not horribly far off... arcane archers for example exist in many games)
    >Alternate mage pet spec for mages and a more magical focus on ranged attacks for hunters

Obviously some of these are a bit weak because I'm trying to make some of them fit without spending all day thinking about it, but I think there's enough good here to justify considering the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    A toggleable heroic mode outdoor where pulling more than 2 - 3 mobs will absoulutely murder you even when you pop your cd's. Comes with xp gain, mobs gain 75% health per player added to the group so it scales with more people but is still atleast a little easier with additional players. (blizz can figure out the numbers needed for the scaling thats just a shot in the dark)

20% increase to xp gain for every max lvl character on your account stacking upto 10times also toggleable

remove heirlooms
    I like that actually - that's a cool idea. Additionally, world quests could be optionally be endgame content instead of a grind. Make the quests hard and have them reward upgraded loot to farm between mythics/raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'd love to see another column for talents that is specific to races. This 4th Talent option would be influenced by racial cultures and only be available to specific Races. Some of these Talents can be available to multiple classes, or be specific to one class to push a certain identity. These racials could make a Blood Elf mage feel more like a Warcraft 3 Spellbreaker or Blood mage while a Forsaken mage could have thematic talents that relate to shadow or Lich-like abilities.
    That sounds like an excellent idea, sounds difficult to balance, but I love the concept.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2018-09-28 at 01:26 AM. Reason: I said talent tree and I meant spec
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Obviously some of these are a bit weak because I'm trying to make some of them fit without spending all day thinking about it, but I think there's enough good here to justify considering the idea.
    I don't see these being of a talent tree as much as an artifact power. However I like the angle you are approaching it, for it reminds me of some of my ideas to be honest. And they need more thought too lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    and its already a failure.
    Cry more, but use the threads on that topic.
    Same thing to the guy crying about shamans. Stop dragging your off-topic grievances. There's a billion other threads for that. If you can't stay on topic, don't post.

not features per se but this is my wishlist :
    - new riding animations
    - new mount system : collect decorations and accessories, customize your mounts, each type of mount having a passive bonus (+30% speed that decreases over 10sec after you summoned your mount, has 3 charges that increases your speed by 20% for 4sec, walk on water, reduce fall damage, reduce chances of dismount, etc...)
    - more scenari and narrative quests unlocked by reputations.
    - Vanilla zone rework to be max-level content
    - max-level reduced to 40 or 60 with a new progression for every character. Meaning that even a full bfa 120 character has to do the new character introduction quests when the next expansion kicks in.
    - new quest system. When reaching a town/camp/questhub, 1 or 2 NPC can be engaged to converse and you automatically deduct what multiple tasks/steps you need to go through to complete the story.
    Example :
    - kill 12 boars
    - fix 6 fences
    - gear-up 7 grunts
    - eliminate the Brloar, massive bloody boar
    Those would be 4 different quests today and only one single quest in next expansion, leading to more engaging dialogue and flavor text to read.

You know what I want as new feature for the next expansion?

NO new gimmick features. Just go back to better time with better design and keep the best parts :

- go back to Mop rep and daily design.
    - add some world quest in here (but DON'T remove the daily quests, WQ should be bonus stuff you can do, not THE stuff you are suppose to do)
    - add one or two "optional" rep with cool quest to slowly reach exalted where you'll get REAL cool reward (think Neitherdrake or Wind Dragon rep)
    - add a wintergrasp style pvp zone
    - add a cool and long quest line that you are lookcing forward to advance on (ala Surammar)
    - add a "personal order hall" something like the class order hall but that will just be yours, not some lore destroying bs where I end up being a boss of ALL my class... like all the other people of my class

Just stop with the retarded feature. Just do something GOOD and well designed, something that could be built to stay instead of being trashed when the next expansion roll around the corner.

Edit: Ho yeah, and if you want to go forward with the allied races, just stop locking them behind high end content of the actual extension, because that will age EXTREMELY poorly, and stop giving us "newcomers" first when there's a shit ton of already established allied races.

Ogres, Broken, Fulborgs, High elves, Taunkas, Hozen and Jinyu (cmon, these two are literally the allied races before "allied races" was a thing).
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2018-09-28 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Cry more, but use the threads on that topic.
    Same thing to the guy crying about shamans. Stop dragging your off-topic grievances. There's a billion other threads for that. If you can't stay on topic, don't post.
    I offered a list. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Well, lets go:

1. Bring championship back for rep farming. Tabards were the best system hands down.
    2. For the love of Osiris, revamp professions. Its been 15 years.
    3. Redo the AH.
    4. Fun design over "everything is the same".
    5. Suramar, Isle of Quel'danas or something similar.
    6. Real no leveling no gearing progression.
    7. Player control on progression.
    8. Class design TOP PRIORITY.
    9. CLASS. DESIGN.
    10. Test and test and test and test and test some more.

Top of my head this ones. Im pretty sure i can came up with more if i put some effort.

All specs now have a total of 3 buttons to push.
    Talent tree has been reduced to one talent.
    All classes are the same.
    Loot no longer exists and armor and weapons scale with you from the start.
    Excuses (not the old excuses, but new ones).
    Max level can only be purchased through the Blizzard store.
    Ground, water, and flying mounts are deleted.
    More excuses.

Loot will be diablofied. Basically every dungeon and raid boss can drop anything, there will be no fixed loot.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2018-09-28 at 06:16 PM.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    3rd Faction, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Don't let blizzard see this, delete it at once!
    But they will still see the quote unless you delete this at once!

An improvement to collection looting systems would be nice. Some people like to play to collect stuff.

Next expac:
    - reach max level
    - Farm world quests for 3h per day for a month to unlock flypath
    - Do the timegated quests that will take you 6hours to complete
    - Resume doing dungeons/raids/BGs/Arena till next expac
    The expac will be good if class balancing is good and if the zones look atractive and are easy to travel in (unlike Kul'Tiras that is hella ugly, sinister and hard to travel)

* Grind exalted rep with a faction to unlock the option to buy the expansion.
    * Grind exalted rep with a faction to unlock leveling in the new expansion.
    * Grind exalted rep with a faction to unlock reaching max level.
    * Grind exalted rep with a faction to unlock even more time-gating.
    * Grind exalted rep with a faction to unlock another cosmetic addition race that was used as a selling point of the expansion.
    * Grind exalted rep with a faction to unlock a slightly useful ability.

More pruning. They'll get every class down to a 2 button (build and spend) rotation that can't possibly be fucked up. Then and only then will they be happy with classes.

well, since we already have Diablo's rifts system and scaling system which allows them to scale anything to anyone, I strongly believe that one of the main features of the next expansion will be randomly generated dungeons to complete this ultimate treadmill which is mythic+

Deleted
    Man... lots of salty replies. Can't you allow yourselves to dream for a moment? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Loot will be diablofied. Basically every dungeon and raid boss can drop anything, there will be no fixed loot.
    Can't tell if you are being sarcastic. That sounds horrifying! The RNG would lead to serious grievances. It only works on diablo cause loot drops by the ton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    well, since we already have Diablo's rifts system and scaling system which allows them to scale anything to anyone, I strongly believe that one of the main features of the next expansion will be randomly generated dungeons to complete this ultimate treadmill which is mythic+
    That's what islands are already. Randomly generated dungeons sound like a bad idea. I like the carefully crafted design better and the impacts the affixes bring. It would be problematic if the mob packs were random as at the current difficulty it would be nearly impossible to get high keys done... wich would mean lowering the difficulty.

I'd rather they explore that with islands.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-09-28 at 10:58 PM.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic. That sounds horrifying! The RNG would lead to serious grievances. It only works on diablo cause loot drops by the ton.
    Of course i am being sarcastic, it just looks like natural direction the current wow is heading.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another new coat of paint on the mission table, yet another revamp of the Artifact System (my guess is going back to putting traits on a single, non-replaceable slot. Probably ring.), new coat of paint on Islands, and probably some surprise feature nobody expected Blizz to actually make and nobody is convinced it'll be ready by launch.

Oh and no new abilities, no new talents, no new warfronts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    If they also removed garbage like Azerite Traits I'd actually be down with that system. Means I can farm any dungeon instead of only getting the train dungeon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    solo que
    account bound crossfaction rep
    lfr, normal, heroic difficulities
    heroic+
    the ability to collect transmog from each armor type like in diablo 3
    old bear tartare

That's what islands are already. Randomly generated dungeons sound like a bad idea. I like the carefully crafted design better and the impacts the affixes bring. It would be problematic if the mob packs were random as at the current difficulty it would be nearly impossible to get high keys done... wich would mean lowering the difficulty.
    You mistakenly assume that this is something I want. I don't, I just see it as a most likely direction they might try to take in their never ending quest of providing content. Speaking of randomly generated dungeons, I don't mean like completely random, if they decide to do it, it will be 'carefully crafted' blocks of content, randomly stitched to each other within one instance, sharing same visual theme.

edit: I've been thinking some more about this and here are some predictions. Feel free to mock me if none of it come true.

1. Blizzard is going to keep their word and we will not fight any actual old god in BfA. Lesser but powerful and important creatures such as Azshara and her minions yes.
    2. From datamining we already know that certain dagger will be freed and I say it will return in the next - void themed xpac, probably an ally of some kind.
    3. N'zoth will be main villain of that same expansion.

Now, I'm not a big fan of randomly generated anything, but ever since they implemented mythic+ system (which I hate btw), I've had a feeling that eventually they will try something like this, especially when you consider that randomly generated dungeons in WoW isn't new idea at all: https://twitter.com/JohnStaats_WIR/s...34651087028224

And its also sounds like a perfect recipe to keep wheel turning for those who unlike me, enjoying mythics+

If you think about, they even tested already the tech they might need for this. Remember this?

Thats right, labyrinth was somewhat randomly generated -

We sought to create a puzzle that couldn’t be completed by just following a guide. Thus, the Endless Halls is randomized based on your player ID, as well as the day of the week. Very few players will ever see the same layout, and coming back the next day will present you with an entirely new challenge.
    link

and if next xpac is indeed void themed, it will give perfect narrative to explain everchanging dungeons that never stay the same. Imagine some Forgotten halls of Ny'alotha or something along these lines. Obviously they're not going to make every dungeon as labyrinth. I imagine it could be much more linear and shorter, but still, randomly stitched from premade pieces every time new party comes in.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2018-09-29 at 03:00 AM.