Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But it is the same level as rape, because it is rape. It's a person not wanting a sexual interaction that another person is trying to force upon that person.
    It's very dangerous to classify all penetrative behaviors under the same definition, for obvious reasons. You need nuance in law. If you want to have sex with someone and they initiate, and everything's fine up to a certain point where you tell them to stop and they keep going - that is not the same magnitude of damage as some stranger cornering you in an alley, ripping your clothes off, and anally raping you. There needs to be distinction, and you can apply that distinction at many levels. For example, you could question the levels of consent that were violated; in the prior case, the only level of consent that would be violated is the site of penetration, and not penetration itself, or the removal of clothes, or sexual interaction, or probably many other specific sexual activities that they engaged in. This is actually pretty straightforward, and makes a lot of sense if you don't feel like being overly stubborn.

In any case, this is mostly irrelevant. The main problem is that she settled, and morally got the compensation that she thought at the time would be enough to 'soothe her mental pain'. Now she's changing her mind, and wants more, because she sees an opportunity to get more due to the current social climate.

And yet, it's still rape, by the definition of the law.

She can settle, and he can still be charged for a crime. That's the thing about an NDA, they are usually voided in the case of crimes.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    In your own words:
    What claim did I make that makes me look like an idiot?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

And yet, it's still rape, by the definition of the law.

She can settle, and he can still be charged for a crime. That's the thing about an NDA, they are usually voided in the case of crimes.
    You can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the statute of limitations of such a crime is 4 years in Nevada. So it believes she's SOL in a criminal case at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except in the real world it makes you look guilty in a scenario like this. That's why no innocent person would make a settlement offer. He wouldn't have to worry about a jury trial if there wasn't any evidence against him.
    Yeah, that's not how the "real world" works.

My career is in malpractice. I've settled thousands of cases where there is virtually no wrong doing by the provider but simply because its cheaper in the long-run. Its a game of numbers and not one of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    You can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the statute of limitations of such a crime is 4 years in Nevada. So it believes she's SOL in a criminal case at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's not how the "real world" works.

My career is in malpractice. I've settled thousands of cases where there is virtually no wrong doing by the provider but simply because its cheaper in the long-run. Its a game of numbers and not one of guilt.
    It was four years, it is now 20. I do not know if it has a grandfather clause. I doubt it does. Of course, there may be extenuating circumstances due to the payout, and I'm not a lawyer.

Hoe is obviously looking for another free money.
    I honestly think that after the man proving innocent chicks like her should be put in jail. Its just getting out of control lately how women abuse their "female status" and innocent people have their lives destroyed even after proving innocent.

3-6 years in fail should make such hoe's actually think before throwing fake accusations for their own profit.

Why does this only happen if the accused has a lot of money or is in a position of power?

10+ Year Old Account
    SO, more attempts to blame the victim? Nope, not surprised at all.
    can u answer my question first ? can u tell me a logical answer ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by AboikoS View Post
    Hoe is obviously looking for another free money.
    I honestly think that after the man proving innocent chicks like her should be put in jail. Its just getting out of control lately how women abuse their "female status" and innocent people have their lives destroyed even after proving innocent.

3-6 years in fail should make such hoe's actually think before throwing fake accusations for their own profit.
    So where are all the stats on this then since you think it is a big problem? I mean the guy can say "I raped her and paid her to settle, but now she is fucking talking" and you'd probably still call her a hoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i'm more curious what exactly she was expecting when she went to his own hotel room, play poker ? so she goes a night club with him (or did she meet him there?), then go to his hotel room, to do what ? play cards ? did he tell her he has amazing pokemon deck at his hotel room ?
    can i know what exactly did he tell her they will do at his hotel room beside f8ck that she wanted to check ?
    Do you think if you invite someone and they have the idea they're going to have sex but then they decide they don't want to that you have the right to fuck them anyway?

"I'm not feeling it anymore, I want to go home."

"but we went to a night club and you came here, i'm fucking you anyway!"

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    can u answer my question first ? can u tell me a logical answer ?
    I can bet you she wasn't expecting to be raped.

You do know that people have parties in their hotel rooms, right? I've had quite a few of them. It's Vegas, people like to party.

Now, if we are asking questions, do you rape everyone who enters into your bedroom? Or, if you want it less obvious. Do you assume you are having sex with everyone who ever enters your bedroom or apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    When the accuser is American, I already have a hard time believing it. They likely just see a chance for easy payout in the current climate in the US.
    What would be an example of someone getting an "easy payout" for a false rape claim?

We're not talking about malpractice. We're talking about rape accusations.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they're the ones that get away with it? Is this a real question?
    That's not even true unfortunately. Lots of women report, but lots of women get blamed anyway. The worst part are all the small town cases where the women are told "you were drunk right? sounds like regret"
    "but I was passed out"
    "look he's a good boy he wouldn't do this I know him."

10+ Year Old Account
    He just paid this summer almost 29 million to avoid jail time for tax fraud, he will pay the woman again and settle this, whether is true or not. This kind of people are never gonna end up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yet you sold your story to a magazine and now you want to finally go to the police. I feel like a broken record already when I state go to the police right after it happens not almost a decade later.
    "Didn't" is past tense. Perhaps she matured and changed her mind?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Pretty much yes.

I'm interested in how this works. Is there some kind of signed deal in this? A contracts of sorts that gives her 375k if she doesn't accuse him? Is it a breach of contract when she now has accused him? Does that mean she has to pay back the money she accepted earlier? I mean, what does the law say in these cases?
    Why do we care what happens to a criminal's money?

I'd have taken the money and also pressed charges. As would most people I guess, fuck honor. Take what you can.

We're not talking about malpractice. We're talking about rape accusations.
    But its the same thing ultimately if you are dealing with unverified accusations against you. You might have a point if this were some average job accused of sexual assault. But this is an athlete who even back in 2009 had a multi-million dollar empire. While $375k might seem like a lot to me or you, its relative to business and celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    True, but:
    The key part of that is "allegedly from Ronaldo." That's by definition not something you can bring up in court without turning the "allegedly" into "proved to be". This is the bit where "innocent until proven guilty" requires a bit more than a random article in a magazine, as credible as the magazine may be.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Why does this only happen if the accused has a lot of money or is in a position of power?
    Reporting bias.

Quote Originally Posted by xarim View Post
    raped her anally, .
    hahahahahahahahah

That's what he has lawyers for. They also don't play all year round. They could easily work around his schedule. Keep telling yourself that though.
    Let's just say I'm glad you don't work in the legal field. You're entitled to think what you will, but legally speaking, he's innocent at this point. So if one claims he's guilty because he settled for $375k, that's just displaying a severe lack of legal understanding.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

He's guilty, not sure what else there is to say. He and everyone else treating other humans like playthings and escaping through buying silence for hush money deserves to be outed sooner or later.

No sympathies from me.

Just another case of why women are not likely to speak up immediately in cases where the assailant is rich and powerful. Hell, even my cousin heard the old "she's just out to get some money"-trope, and her assailant was her father.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-09-29 at 09:59 PM.