Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I honestly don't. I think the majority of players are either fine/good. I've played since 2005. I think that maybe some % of the human population are dickbags, and that % reflects in this game. Does WoW reflect more dickbags than normal? I don't think so.
    I suppose I differentiate the "players" as a whole from the "community." From what I see- in gaming in general, and in Warcraft- the online "community" has gotten worse and worse over the years- hostility, entitlement, etc.

But Ahlae seems to be on one hand claiming that the community is not toxic, and on the other, defining toxicity as something that I see constantly in the community.

"Dickbags" is a pretty apt term not just for a lot of the wow playerbase, but the denizens of the internet in general.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    so you agree then that you should be fired? you did just talk about work stuff outside of the work place. i assume youll do the moral thing and quit at your earliest convienence
    Talk about reprehensible things... obviously. Like talking about a specific patient's case (even without names) or about a specific argument with someone, etc, etc. Basically anything more than '' I work there'' is too much.

Sorry if that wasn't clear to you.... /s
    Last edited by deveilblad; 2018-10-01 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    And you're still claiming that the Warcraft community isn't toxic? This is why we're all baffled by you right now. You seem to be changing your own definition of toxic to suit yourself.
    and yet here you are, not flagging/deleting all the posts that CLEARLY violate the rules here including calling people dickbags. Good job on ensuring MMOchamp forums are toxic, if they agree with the same thing as you. Bye!

Btw, if your job.. Like Lores is.. is dealing with a community, and that community hates you for your ignorance and attitude? Not a good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like he was one such person that was blocked.
    From the original post alone, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What an awesome response: "garbage spewed by anonymous dickbags". Lore should be applauded.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I mean if your a PR guy / public person for your company then it stands to reason that you represent the company at all times. Lore is mentally incapable of handling that as noted by his post. You HAVE to have thick skin. Lore is a born nose, as indicated by his history.

Blizzard doesn't care about its image. You'll play the game regardless or not. If you don't play, for any reason at all, you aren't their concern anymore. They don't care about you. If you play they still don't care and you're still giving them money.

They only care to make the game fun for them. You finding it fun is purely a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    That may be so but still, if he says shit about/to players it doesn´t matter if it´s his "personal" account because he was talking about his work.

In this case it wasn´t so, but the point still stands: If you´re an employe and you´re talking about your work on your "private" account it´s not private anymore, period.
    This. 100% this.

If you talk about your job on your private account, it's not your private account anymore, it's your other job account, and should be treated as such.

"The customer is always right", or as some self-entitled and spoilt people see it - "be as much as a dick as you want because they're getting paid so they have to be at my beck and call and act as my personal punching bag because I will never know true happiness".

Anyone who thinks Lore should be fired for those tweets deserves every ounce of misery in their lives. Being a CM for Blizzard doesn't give you a free pass to be a dick to him outside of working hours in his personal space. Maybe not legally (I'm unfamiliar with US laws/regs) but morally.. or have some forgotten what morals are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Calling someone very toxic, using curse words, and being very aggressive in the way they talk to said person? Yeah, it is. Even by Blizzards rules. Especially when not one word I uttered was false.,
    but you know what? Since you don't see it that way I guess it's fine that I call you a Liar.
    -Saying that your acting and making excuses for toxic behavior, isn't harassment.
    -Saying "curse words" in the context I was using them, isn't harassment.
    -You deliberately misinterpreting what I've said as "aggressive" so you can pretend to be the victim, isn't harassment.

Seriously, get over yourself. It's just embarrassing at this point...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    and yet here you are, not flagging/deleting all the posts that CLEARLY violate the rules here including calling people dickbags. Good job on ensuring MMOchamp forums are toxic, if they agree with the same thing as you. Bye!
    You don't seem interested in actually responding to any of my questions.

None of the discussion in here has been egregious enough to warrant an infraction. We try to be reasonably lenient, especially during heated discussions or disagreements.

Also, since you are interested in our rules, I should remind you that opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares let the guy vent on his off hours, dont get so upset about stupid things that dont effect you

I don't see anything wrong with this. He didn't call anyone out directly here and didn't say anything out of line. Stating that he blocks trolls isn't inappropriate. Sounds like you are just overly sensitive.
    Sounds like they are mad they got blocked or muted for being trolls.

I don't mind the man defending himself. I know the "just ignore it" is the go to response for people, but if someone threatens his life, he should be able to say something in response. Too many people say awful shit then get upset when someone snaps back. I'm not into defending that crowd.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deveilblad View Post
    This. 100% this.

If you talk about your job on your private account, it's not your private account anymore, it's your other job account, and should be treated as such.
    Seems like almost all in here don´t get that, but i´m not suprised about that.

People talk about dickbag customers all the time. I don't resent him for this at all.

lmao, anyone thinking he's going to be fired, might as well stop logging into the game and hope your character clears mythic raids by itself and gets rank 1 in 3v3 while you poop.

blizzard haven't listened to the community all through beta, you think they're going to fire their staff because of a twitter account? HAHAHAHA.

Josh is a clear example of what money can do to your principles

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Josh is a clear example of what money can do to your principles
    lol you think a community manager makes decent money? I would probably guess he makes between $30-50K a year, and that's on the high side of the industry. Just about any other company it would be a around 25K. If you think that's rich....

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    You don't seem interested in actually responding to any of my questions.

None of the discussion in here has been egregious enough to warrant an infraction. We try to be reasonably lenient, especially during heated discussions or disagreements.

Also, since you are interested in our rules, I should remind you that opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

Mm, except I'm not talking about a moderator action. I'm talking about a LACK of moderation action~ GG, bye. Also, Devolore for reference? His idea of 'toxic' is this.

"the term "toxic" specifically refers to behaviors that spread throughout a community. This is a very important distinction.'

But nice deflection, you're already fit to be CM. "We know this breaks the rules but, we're not gonna action it because we don't feel like it. Unless you do something I personally don't like, then I will."