Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My only reaction to this is to join the chorus: Fuck anonymous dickbags.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    0/10. He isnt blocking customers and isnt using it for work.
    Ok, then it's probably fine

Although if I was in a highly visible position at my job and I was making public twitter posts like that, my employer might have an issue with it since it makes the company look bad. Depends on the place I guess.

Like for example if Elon Musk posted about blocking a bunch of anonymous dickbags, Tesla wouldn't be too happy. OH wait he already had to step down over a tweet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Did you even read what you quoted or do you just want to ruin someones career so badly the blood is blocking your vision?
    Let's hear your version.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    I would try to get the word out on that. Send it to blizz but also send it to youtubers and any media that will start talking about it. Gotta get people talking about it in order to have an action taken against him.
    Jeeze. You people think you rule the place. You speak out and its all okay because you are paying customers, pays his salary yada yada. When they talk back, that is a big no no. Need to get him fired. How dare he talk to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Jeeze. You people think you rule the place. You speak out and its all okay because you are paying customers, pays his salary yada yada. When they talk back, that is a big no no. Need to get him fired. How dare he talk to you guys.
    Welcome to 2018. "I'm going to social media" is the new "I'd like to talk to your manager." And the fucked up part about it is: It fucking works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This man is Blizzard's private property. They should pull the kill switch.
    Idk about germany but no, slavery is not in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Lore is a awesome fucking dude. Cares deeply about gaming in its forms. I am pretty sure he was mad at his work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No. This is unprofessional sugar coat it all you want but I’d fire his ass for making his private life public.
    So anyone who has a twitter/facebook/any social media account should be fired?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    "I want someone to relentlessly bitch at, at the company I willingly give money to knowing they can't do anything back because I'm a twat" - Americans.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So are you a representation of YOUR EMPLOYER on your off time too? Do you feel YOU should be fired if you sound off on YOUR PRIVATE social media about your job?
    I dont know seen a woman get fired because she was a veterinarian get fired because she killed a feral wild cat legally and was fired so yeah here in the state they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I don't know if California is an "at will" work state or not, but in such states you can be fired for pretty much anything. If people know who you work for, you need to be careful how you conduct yourself. If you make the company look bad, then they will distance you from them.
    whether California is or isnt an "at will" state is irrelevant. clearly he has not been fired.. and will not be fired because he has an understanding with the company. an understanding that all the internet lawyers and butthurt trolls think they know better than.

the bottom line is, this community cannot understand the difference between private (read: personal) accounts and business ones. in this case, blizzard has clearly set expectations and allowances for its employees, and obviously Lore has in no way infringed on those expectations, regardless of how butthurt this community feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever Dude View Post

I don't care that his twitter account is "private", that's a load of bull. He represents Blizzard regardless of whether he's "CMLore" or "Josh Allen". This kind of blatant unprofessional attitude and antagonism towards the WoW playerbase is extremely uncalled for. Before you strawman me with anonymous twitter trolls being unbearable, realize that he's condescending on the official forums as well, and you don't need a lot of brainpower to put two and two together that he's referring directly to paying WoW customers as "dickbags".

How the heck is that any way appropriate?
    They are dickbags. And frankly I don't subscribe to the idea that employees should have to be Disneyland smiles to dickbags.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It's his personal twitter.

Let him be ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    I dont know seen a woman get fired because she was a veterinarian get fired because she killed a feral wild cat legally and was fired so yeah here in the state they can.
    that's a bit of a different scenario compared to a rant a rant directed at no one in particular with no names mentioned.

i want to say the event you're referring to either turned out that teh 'feral' cat wasn't actually feral or the 'legal' part you're mentioning was not actually as legal as you state.

edit:

if it's the case I'm remembering... the 'feral' cat turned out to be her neighbor's pet that was poking around near her (the vet in question's) property. So it turned into a fiasco cause she sat there 'bragging' about killing her neighbor's pet and shared that image of of the dead cat being held up like a trophy.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-10-01 at 03:32 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's really interesting to see it in action- because it totally looks like what the OP is implying, but if you were one of Lore's followers on his personal account, you'd see this completely different picture. It's a good reminder to be very careful about taking things people present on the internet at face-value.
    Exactly and this is where things can get dangerous.. Really makes one think of whether people like the OP think about what they are writing and or what their motives are for writing it in the first place..

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So are you a representation of YOUR EMPLOYER on your off time too? Do you feel YOU should be fired if you sound off on YOUR PRIVATE social media about your job?
    I agree it's his private Twitter so he should be allowed some leeway on it, but.... He is a PR head with a known name, so in that regard he still represents his employer, regardless of being his off time.
    The same could be said of a political figure with a political and a separate private Twitter, if both are public, both represent their overall image. The distinction doesn't exist if a post was made on the personal or professional account.

Or he could just be an adult and not have a social media account.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so he's a little less professional on his off hours. Don't get me wrong, I think he's almost as big a douchebag as Ion, but I couldn't give less of a fuck about what he does on his personal Twitter on his time off unless he's breaking the law, at least as it applies to his job (I think he needs to be shown the door for unrelated reasons, mostly pertaining to aforementioned smug douchebag status and that being a pretty bad look for a community manager type).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    he said fuck today, not fuck you OP. stop being a snowflake princess
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    It's his personal twitter.

Let him be ffs.
    They can't and that is kind of scary. He is now their target. They want and need someone to rage at. To blame for whatever faults they see in their beloved whatever.

Look what happened to Kelly Marie Tran. These so called "fans" really needs help with their emotion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose View Post
    I totally applaud the guy, he pretty much nailed how the vocal wow players are behaving these days.
    Exactly and even more so when you have the OP using what was said by Lore/Josh Allen about something that had nothing to do with WoW, for their own personal agenda..

And what this thread has shown is what a crappy, toxic scum sucking cesspool some parts of the WoW community have become..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-10-01 at 03:32 AM.