Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Except 356 isn't too low? And my response was to him implying I didn't know what I was doing on DK because I didn't do the fights on it, as opposed to my rogue. He was essentially insinuating that having only killed 3 on normal on a toon that was my alt at that point meant that I was going to be clueless on heroic/mythic.
    For some people only 385+ is acceptable ilvl for doing mythic raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The GM doesn't care whether or not you transferred.
    The GM asked if you were higher than 356. You completely ignored his question, even after he mentioned it a second time.

The correct thing would be to answer if you're actually higher than 356 immediately. Then argue you have good experience from your rogue.

From the GM's point of view, you're purposely not answering the question, since your ilvl is likely 356. Thus you're just wasting his time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    WoW is becoming a toxic game for elitists who spend most of their lives grinding WQs and M+. I'm getting tired of it.
    And the worst part is that Blizzard is catering non-stop to that crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I love how you left off the line from your transcripts "but in your backwards mine if thats how you see it then kiss my ass""

Actually the GM told me to transfer. Made an alt on the server talked to him for a bit, then moved.
    I can only relay my experience as a recruiter for a Mythic guild back in WoD but I sure as fuck wouldn't transfer a toon after a mere conversation with the GM. I'll fully admit I can be a smarmy asshat but I also wouldn't waste somebody's money by telling them I had a Mythic raid spot for a toon which had only seen 3/8N progress unless they had been thoroughly vetted beforehand. Perhaps it wouldn't be a straight "carry," but it feels like there's part of this story missing (as is often the case with these types of threads).

10+ Year Old Account
    My rogue did those bosses with less gear than the dk.
    Totally because rogues aren't OP AF
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What does your DK bring that the guild needed enough to bench another player? And do they need it enough to bring someone who potentially would be doing less than the DPS they benched?

Honestly, this is why I enjoy Heroic/Normal raiding. Flexi raid size solves so many problems.

Looks like OP left out some quite vital information in order to look as "The good guy" on the forums, fucking yikes man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I love how you left off the line from your transcripts "but in your backwards mind if thats how you see it then kiss my ass""
    Yup and that's exactly why he got gkicked.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems a bit over the top. But nothing really new. When I was on Heroic Lich King Farm in Wotlk, my Alt couldn't even get into other guilds Heroic ICC runs because even though I could log on my Main and link the Achievement, they didn't think I'd know the Mechanics on another Class, even though my Alt was higher geared than 90% of their rosters from doing ALT runs in my Mains guild.

People are weird.

You came off as rude. Seems apparent to me.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Shishikyu View Post
    1.) He is 356 itemlevel. Considering 355 ilvl drops in Normal Uldir and 370 drops in HC Uldir / Mythic +10s this itemlevel is valid for raiding HEROIC. Just because he had a bit of experience in mythic on his rogue, doesn't mean his gear on his DK being heavily lacking is acceptable. He would be needing a carry.

2.) He is a DPS, a melee one at that (I am one myself so this comes from personal exp and pain) he is very expandable especially with his low ilvl. low for mythic.

3.) This might be the most important factor: just because a Rogue and DK are both physical melee DPS, doesn't mean he plays them both at the same level. If he is 3/8 N on that char, how can he convince the GM he plays it just as well as his Rogue? If he could, his progress would be similar on that char, if not, a bit more closer to equal. What I'm wondering is, does he know the ins- and outs of his DK as much as on his Rogue? Which talents to take in what fight, what priority of skills to use, when to hold CDs for certain phases or moments in a boss fight, etc.

^ Basically came to the same conclusion.
    Ah, I'd read it as 365. Fuckin lysdexia.

Am I in the wrong? Or is the community really getting this toxic? I don't really care to vent, and I'm not here for that, but is this the experience any of you have had?
    The Bell Curve is surprisingly accurate in things like this, you will get a few who are jerks, and then - equally as rarely - you will get some who are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you're better off without them.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I literally asked for people's opinion, you don't have to be a sarcastic smarmy dick.

If this is a sample of the quality of your postings here, I would at least 4 thousand of your posts are worthless drivel.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't know where else I would post to ask "is the community actually this toxic?"
    Yes, the human race is this toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    He expressed a concern that you may be undergeared, and thus would be a carry due to you being 3/8N on that char, and you gave him a smartass response. This was his first impression of you. Ofc. he didn't want to raid with you.
    Read that again.

GM: we do, are you higher than 356? is wowprog just slow to update?
    Me: I didnt do them on this toon, did them on my rogue
    GM: thats what im asking then, wowprog says you're 356 with 3 normal bosses killed on your dk, that's not going to be high enough to not be a carry in mythic
    Me: are the mechanics different for a dk and a rogue?
    GM: they aren't
    Me: so whats the issue
    GM: actually we're no longer going to need your dk, thank you for applying. im already not interested in raiding with you
    356 is a touch low to be raiding Mythic, and you not only did you not answer his question, you did legit sound a bit entitled here.

As a raid lead myself, I would have taken a different approach but TBH I wouldn't want you in my raid either. You're under 360 (what I'd honestly consider bare minimum to be raiding Mythic on Week 4 of Uldir being open esp with M+ being open for 4 weeks too, 3 weeks on higher iLvl drops), and you just blatantly ignored their question. GM even told you "wowprog says you're 356 --- that's not (going to be) high enough to not be a carry in Mythic", which I agree with them.

Well I don't know where else I would post to ask "is the community actually this toxic?"
    Yup, a GM asking you if your iLvl is 356 for a raid that drops 385s and you giving an entitled and/or smartass response makes them toxic. Oh dear, you played yourself.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    If they are still progressing and struggling with fights, he has a point, why carry a weak alt who just joined the guild.
    If OP is being truthful, they were asked to transfer to the server. IF the GM wanted a certain gear level, they should have checked the armory before asking for them to move servers. Or even invite to the guild.

The GM (assuming that transcript was true) is an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    On today's episode of "Seeking Empty Platitudes from Internet Strangers"...
    Not gonna lie. I lol’d.

Sorry op. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If OP is being truthful, they were asked to transfer to the server. IF the GM wanted a certain gear level, they should have checked the armory before asking for them to move servers. Or even invite to the guild.

The GM (assuming that transcript was true) is an asshole.
    That's on the OP to ask if being 29 iLvls below the item drops is okay to come to Mythic. That's not the GM's fault. He probably transferred without ever asking an officer/the GM just because his friend is there.

He can also get a refund on that as Blizzard will refund you for server xfers if you fail a trial or were led to a server for X but didn't get X.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.