Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I disagree. Personal loot has been making raiding a lot more tolerable without entitled bitches whining about wanting loot that dropped for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Afaik spine of deathwing needed classes with specifically 2 min burst cd, and if I recall correctly, the criteria was fulfilled by 3 specs, Arcane Mage, Assa Rogue and Ret Paladin.
    Kin raiders WF kill 7 mages, BL's kill 7 mages, Method's kill 7 mages, Exodus' kill 6 mages, vodka's kill 6 mages, these are just ones that have videos I can find, the least mages was Paragon, but they always did weird things, and the compensated for only bring 5 mages by bring 6 rogues.

Zul was only truly broken in the fact that didn't even need to be geared, but whether that's better or worse is in the eye of the beholder, poaching from other guilds cause you needed geared mages with the staff is never fun.

Not seeing the problem here, unless it is a problem of comprehension.

Ya'll are forgetting about loot council and actually gearing players.

Personal loot is fuuuucking garbage. Worst decision.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this thread really blew up huh. Bad luck on the drops mate.

I feel you as a mythic raider and its clear theres a major disconnect between casuals and hardcore players. I'd stop responding if I was you, it's doing my head in reading this thread.

I think the changes to personal loot are absolutely garbage although the have done a fairly good job of eliminating split clears for the majority of guilds during heroic week. I dont see any reason why mythic difficulty shouldn't have master loot though since you can't do splits without screwing your lockouts. This would still cater to all the casuals who somehow found that 1 casual loot council guild that abuses its power (can you imagine a prog guild doong that?? Rofl) and we could prevent a rando alt getting max forged weaps instead of a main for myth and ghuun prog.

In reply to that one dude who mentioned it helping on rekills: have you ever actually progged before? Rekills are rarely difficult and zul is a joke to rekill.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

All the casuals that never step into mythic keep saying that personal loot is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Ya'll are forgetting about loot council and actually gearing players.

Personal loot is fuuuucking garbage. Worst decision.
    nope we are not .

no more toxic abuse from loot councils is best what happend to game since its launch nobody normal is missing it only abusers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You mentioned the druid thing, but that wasn't really class stacking persay, believe only one guild truly did it fully. But Spine of Deathwing mage stacking was worse, because not only did you need a lot of mages, you needed a lot of mages with the staff, so people were poaching like crazy. You can do Zul without rogues, it's just a bit harder, therefore it's not the worst.
    Remember 16 mages mythic hfc? Coz i remember
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lol. A guild in a video game is easier to drop than a relationship. Just stop.
    Not for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/YAmlSjYpnRU
    Here is video of stacking mages resulting in boss dying in 16 seconds and the group ignoring all mechanics(they did that for many bosses, not just this), but yeah, stacking 5 rogues to deal with the mythic only mechanic is abusing the game, right?
    https://youtu.be/c7Sme3UZWzA
    11:45 for archimonde
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-10-02 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Regardless of whether OP is right or not, that was never his point or the intended discussion.

Granted, he could've done a much better job at exposing it, but the point is not "Personal Loot is not working as intended". The point is "Mythic Guilds shouldn't be forced to use Personal Loot".

Personally I do think it's silly to force everyone to use PL. In Group Finder groups it definitely makes sense to avoid griefing / ninja looting, but in guild groups it should be their choice. No one was forced to use ML, no one was forced to join a ML raid. At the very least you should be able to trade whatever items you get regardless of whether it's an ilvl upgrade for you or not.

I would still use PL because I sometimes invite pugs and even when I don't it just makes it faster and simpler since my group is pretty casual, but I still think it's a step in the wrong direction.
    So what you are saying is that we should let Mythic have a special ruleset? or are you saying that Mythic should get to decide whether to follow the rules or not? Well guess what... every single person playing Wow has that ability... its called leave or not leave...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So what you are saying is that we should let Mythic have a special ruleset? or are you saying that Mythic should get to decide whether to follow the rules or not? Well guess what... every single person playing Wow has that ability... its called leave or not leave...
    Well, your answer is kinda stupid because with that kind of things, there is no debate at all. And the post to which you responded got it right more or less. Guild group or mythic group should be able to use ML if they want it.

it sounds like you're saying that... a rogue player who helped kill a boss... doesnt deserve loot.

thats what im hearing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    it sounds like you're saying that... a rogue player who helped kill a boss... doesnt deserve loot.

Oh look another lfr raider with insufficient reading skills.
    What he's actually saying is that neither the raid nor the player himself want that particular rogue to have the drop, because for them the actual reward of downing Zul quicker is progression and eventually a better ranked G'huun kill.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, what OP says its literally ‘our hunt leveled a rogue alt for 1 boss only. He got 2 items, which he wanted to trade to his team’s mains instead. Game doesnt allow him, resulting in that gear wasted as the person will be on his main for the remaining bosses’

So your comprehention skills seem weak, considering how different it is than what you understood :/
    Now you know what you can improve. You are welcome
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-10-02 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand the arguments in favor of removing ML. You're literally just taking away options from guilds and making gearing up even more of a crapshoot. How is that a good thing? I thought people didn't like RNG being a factor in their gearing process? They could've at least made it so higher ilvl items aren't locked to you once you get them, but nope.

Yep. In this particular context, given that Zul is made significantly easier with lots of rogues and the guy was an alt, he absolutely deserves it far less than the mains in the raid. Personal Loot literally punished the raid by gearing up an otherwise unneeded alt and taking away loot from the mains.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2018-10-02 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I really don't understand the arguments in favor of removing ML. You're literally just taking away options from guilds and making gearing up even more of a crapshoot. How is that a good thing? I thought people didn't like RNG being a factor in their gearing process?
    That's one thing I always liked about FFXIVs loot system, it's got a nice mixture of RNG and just grind, without being TOO rng or TOO grind.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    no the alternative is a proper loot system where we can decide to give the loot to actual mains and not oneoff characters
    There was a post a few pages ago you apparently ignored, so I'm going to repeat the content: Blizzard doesn't want players to be forced to reroll to specific classes just to cheese a boss. This incident is a good reminder of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    There was a post a few pages ago you apparently ignored, so I'm going to repeat the content: Blizzard doesn't want players to be forced to reroll to specific classes just to cheese a boss. This incident is a good reminder of that.
    Blizzard can say what it wants and doesn't want all day long. The reality is that Zul heavily encourages rogue stacking, a reality that Blizzard utterly failed to prevent. It's an irrelevant argument.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    If that's their intent they should... oh IDK, design the fights better? Such as Sco's suggestion of mechanically forcing you to kill the adds. But between the shit shows of Fetid and Zul, and to a minor extent G'huun, Blizzard's design and tuning team leave much to be desired. But it's been like that for years, so I don't see much changing.