View Poll Results: What should happen with Josh Allen?

Voters
305. This poll is closed
  • He should be fired from Blizzard

28 9.18%
  • He should be suspended from Blizzard

23 7.54%
  • No punishment should occur

254 83.28%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Don't say stupid stuff to your customers.
    Don't say even more stupid stuff to workers who have to serve you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    You ever notice how closely the overlapping venn diagram of 'Blizzard needs to stop being SJW1!!!111!!!' people and 'blizzard hurt my feelies DO SOMETHING ' people is?

(hint: it's a circle)
    This exactly. The same people that think society is being overrun by SJW, are the first people to complain that someone is oppressing them, or trying to take their rights. Sorry society is evolving to a point that your narrow minded, self-preserving viewpoints are finally showing outdated.

I am glad we are in getting to a point where people who were once immune to punishment are getting slapped down. What Lore said echos so many other people, and he is living breathing human, who has the right to express his viewpoints. If the fucktard Kanye can express his, this person who is much less in the public spotlight should be allowed to express his own. But no, these Anti-SJW can't accept that there can be opposing viewpoints, because any bit of logic or fact fractures their delicate worldview.

Bunch of snowflakes.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So I assume you would approve reading death treats and all kinds of toxic shit day in, day out, both on work and private cause you get money? Since once you get payed you have infinite power against that?

Its ok to act like douchebags against people who gets payed? Is Lores job just to recieve the shit our community throws at them?

And yet again, you and others who have replied to me ignores everything I say about the issues our community has. I wonder why. Do you people really approve this behaviour? Act like douchebags, gets a reply, go all SJW on them?

Was waiting for that to come up.
    there's not one person in this thread would approve of that,
    his tweets are public so he knew the wider community would see it.

We've had the same problem going on here with a major TV network, some idiots made vile remarks
    and the 1st thing they did was lump all the legitimate complaints in with the idiots. That's just lazy
    and not being fair to the vast majority of people who are actually being civil and just want proper answers.

It could be argued the current team isnt working or this mess wouldn't be unfolding like this.
    For a community manager his PR skills are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Blizzard could care less what their employees say an do towards the community.
    "Could care less" so you're saying they are caring right now and could possible care less about it.

Learn to say things right.

After the rude comments he made towards the community, as well as a Diablo developer, many think punishment should occur and I stand in that group. What he and she said were very unprofessional. Calling people dickbags and douche mcgee is very unprofessional and outright rude.

This isn't a thread on to discuss what happened rather to discuss what should Blizzard do with HIM.
    What happens to him should follow directly from what happened.

And what happened is... nothing. Specifically, nothing like you claim. I understand you are in some sort contest with @Whatever Dude for more toxic threads opened, but he beat you on this one and it was already a pile of bullshit there.

Yes, it was unprofessional to some extent. But making this a stupid witch hunt helps no one.

SHould he be punished? No, he didnt attack anyone directly. He didnt escalate it in any way. Associations with explicit community members or even the azerite discussion on the forums are somewhat loose.
    At best he should apologize for lashing out in a direction that could be interpreted as the wow community and that it was a slip because of a stressful day.

It is quite baffling to me how a community constantly ranting about blizz, certain blizz figureheads and employees in general, attack them directly on community websites and even going as far as twitter just to vent in their faces just explodes once someone slips just once and doesnt keep up face with the bullshit they have to face, especially since it wasnt even a clearly directed rant.

Personally speaking, he is just right anyway. Some players are just living scum what their behavior is concerned and I would frankly like to see the blizz employees enjoying a bit more protection from the nonsense. Being emotional and voicing frustration is one thing, but there is a line. I dont see how Lore himself went past that line but I see many community members crossing it with high speeds.

If you want to go down the road of punishing Blizz employees for such small slips, which are more unprofessional than actually harmful, then I would argue that any community member being found directly attacking a face of blizzard should have their entire battlenet account terminated immediately.
    Down with the pitchforks if you can't handle a blow yourself.

Not that it even is a thing the community should get to decide.
    Last edited by Raikh; 2018-10-02 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    For anyone who actually watched the video, the guy even says he's not calling for Lore to be fired, only that this stuff should be addressed more carefully in the future.

So no. No need for firing, all it needs is a slap on the wrist.
    The guy in the video isn't, OP is though.

After the rude comments he made towards the community, as well as a Diablo developer, many think punishment should occur and I stand in that group. What he and she said were very unprofessional. Calling people dickbags and douche mcgee is very unprofessional and outright rude.
    People should look in a mirror when calling out others as being rude. I doubt most of the posters here are saints.

And forming this poll. What does that make you?

10+ Year Old Account
    as well as a Diablo developer
    Is he?

Nonetheless

This isn't a thread on to discuss what happened rather to discuss what should Blizzard do with HIM.
    Let Blizzard decide it? What if we called your boss and ask him if he should fire you?

Kindergarten thread, really.

Honestly, i think that he is bad at his job, but fired? why? because he made a comment on his personal twitter account? nah.

BTW, you should not go around asking for people to be fired unless they personally did something wrong to you. This entire post just looks like a childish rant.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2018-10-02 at 08:22 PM.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    it isn't the first time a CM had such a "meltdown". this community sucks ass and is full of kids with entitlement issues. if everybody in this life treats them like a special snowflake, they will become weak fodder for big industries. sometimes they have to have someone teaching them manners, setting them straight. and thanks to the toxicity in the anonymous web you won't get far with good arguments or calm words.

also: man, that dude should be able to vent some stress. do you want them to implode or commit suicide just because you are douchebags?
    Dude, this is nothing compared to the shit that I've seen from some community managers of games. Niko Snow, a former community manager for Piranha Games, who are the developers of a game called MechWarrior Online, went on a huge tirade against the community for criticizing the developers for their broken promises of content delivery dates and producing a half ass product. He insulted a number of players and the community at large to the point that he got sacked for it. People were already upset with the devs, having your CM attack players and fans of a beloved franchise like MechWarrior just added to the already near bursting pot that was community/developer relations. The other problem in all of that was the company president was basically controlling what the guy could and couldn't say and despite it being his role as the liaison between the players and the devs, he was constantly under gag order. That in itself, hasn't changed in 5 years. I give the game not much more than another year before the population is gone pretty much entirely.

What Lore did is trivial compared to other CM's. I also don't have a problem with criticizing other people within your workplace. I do it often enough at work, mainly because I am tired of other people always giving me shitty excuses for being garbage at their jobs and not putting in enough effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciuma View Post
    You ( and any others saying even maybe to this ) have clearly never worked a day in your life, trash post
    Very much this. Customers are probably one of the worst kind of people in the universe. Entitled as fuck and never own their issues and mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    it isn't the first time a CM had such a "meltdown". this community sucks ass and is full of kids with entitlement issues. if everybody in this life treats them like a special snowflake, they will become weak fodder for big industries. sometimes they have to have someone teaching them manners, setting them straight. and thanks to the toxicity in the anonymous web you won't get far with good arguments or calm words.

also: man, that dude should be able to vent some stress. do you want them to implode or commit suicide just because you are douchebags?
    Yeah ion never should have had a job in the first place. You don't hire someone because they play your game gud. Especially don't keep them around after they decide to dictate how people should enjoy the game.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, a Theramore thread. Time to see the OP ignore all constructive arguments and only respond to certain posts that are as useless as the thread itself. Such as my post, ironically.

On topic - I don't even care. I'm not pretending that I know what Blizzard employees has in their contracts in regards to public, but private, accounts.
    Hi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let's all watch like person that made not one, but two tearful videos about popular dead youtubers say how horrible and disrespectful was than one mean comment on twitter..

For Az "fans" - you think people that anjoy current WoW are sheeps. But truth is that YOU are sheeps - this guy doesn't give a shit about WoW or you, he make video only when see opportunity to grab easy clickbait views.

Btw - I remember that Ghosty from Preach channel was blocked from Az on twitter for calling out his bullshit (if you have similar experience, feel free to share it here). Constructive and open for critique, am I right? ;D

I say give him a raise and/or promotion just to piss off all of the pathetic idiots that want him fired.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Was waiting for that to come up.
    there's not one person in this thread would approve of that,
    his tweets are public so he knew the wider community would see it.

We've had the same problem going on here with a major TV network, some idiots made vile remarks
    and the 1st thing they did was lump all the legitimate complaints in with the idiots. That's just lazy
    and not being fair to the vast majority of people who are actually being civil and just want proper answers.

It could be argued the current team isnt working or this mess wouldn't be unfolding like this.
    For a community manager his PR skills are terrible
    Since when was it ok to behave like shit just to flip the coin and go "uuh my feelings how can you say something like that?" You would think people who are toxic would be able to handle anything coming at them, but they are probably the biggest SJWs out there.

And the part of the community you are thinking about, is not who Lore is talking about. The problem is the good part of the community drowns in toxic stuff, and it drowns the CM if meaningless work & energy for them. Work that could have been spendt communicating with the good side of a community.

But what do we do as a community? We go on a SJW crusade against any official person who works at a gaming company for any reason possible. All the while accepting the toxic shit that stems from our community.

Considering the tweets weren't related to wow community at all I think firing or suspending is almost as retarded as taking a video from Heelsvsbabyface seriously.

This thread is pointless and cringy as fuck.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    He's got a personal life for his own, you should too, OP.