Poll: When should BFA end?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Blizzard intended to release expansions faster and that was something that was in WoD, that was a important part in WoD's failing. Legion didn't have that problem and BFA won't do that either short of hell freezing over.
    Blizzard intended to release expansions faster since WotLK. Had nothing to do with WoD in specific.
    _________

With the massive failure Azerite is I don't see any chance Blizzard will give us three content patches this expansion. No f* way. Get real and don't be so delusional about BfA. It's been a failure from scratch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quixef View Post
    BfA is a very good expansion, haters gon' hate.
    It's not... by facts. And even Blizzard knows it. You might like it but BfA is factually a very underwhelming / bad expansion.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2018-10-03 at 04:03 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Anything to get away from this garbage azerite system. Ilvl locked behind rep. Boring ass island expos which are the same shit everytime.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hilarious, ion oh well we arent giving you tier this xpac and were pruning classes and taking away artifact abilities, because you know, we dont want the game to get bloated. Instead were gonna have you carry around 10 different gear sets which are gonna change on a daily basis we aint gonna tell you nothing just let you guys resim yourself every day 2-3 everytime you get a new piece of gear! That'll solve the system!!!

It has already ended for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't you have anything else to do in life? The expansion just started. Give it time. It will get better with the later patches. And a 12 month last content patch is an absolute no. Antorus lasted 8 months with August basically being a pre-patch/prep month. I wouldn't want it lasting any longer than 8 months before a new expansion.
    Last edited by Cena; 2018-10-03 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I think that BFA should end in 8.2 and that the devs should really sit down and work through all the systemic issues with BFA instead of attempting to bandaid fix this expansion.

1. Azerite cannot be salvaged at this point
    The system is fundamentally broken at its core which the devs themselves have acknowledged. Lore has mentioned that the Azerite issues are something that we "simply have to accept as a downside". We will need a new expansion with a new progression system to address these issues.

2. Lukewarm reception of Islands and Warfronts
    The sooner the expansion is over, the sooner the devs can stop wasting development resources to keep these systems going.

3. Classes cannot be fixed this expansion
    Azerite and ability prunint have crippled the base power of every class, and while these systems are in place, classes will continue to be hamstrung. Classes cannot be fixed until Azerite is removed, which won't happen until a new expansion.

4. It feels like we haven't left the Legion expansion
    BFA seems like a major content patch of Legion with a few extra zones and dungeons. We need a truly fresh start with a fresh story and systems to feel like we've started a new expansion. 8.2 could introduce Azshara/N'zoth to lead into the big old gods expansion which is the real story as opposed to the filler Horde/Alliance schoolyard brawl.

Given BFA's record week 1 sales, it is clear that people are still very keen on WoW, as long as they are provided a quality product (which BFA has not delivered). So I think that BFA should be wrapped up as soon as possible so the next expansion has a chance at being a quality expansion. Here is a arojected timeline:
    8.0 - 6 months
    8.1 - 6 months
    8.2 - 12 months
    9.0 launch - August 2020 with Classic launch 6 months after 8.2 launch.

What do you think?
    They're going for 8.4, you raggedy little muffin.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    What? Why should it end suddenly because you don't like one of the new progression systems? I despised Artifacts and Legendaries, I guess Legion should have ended on the first patch then! God, quit your tantrums already, the lore is great and the game is fun, if you don't like it play something else like every other adult does.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Anyone voting yes don't understand what that would do... if they end in 8.2 we will have the longest drought yet with no variety of content, BFA is deeply flawed yes, but more content and variety of things to do will obviously make it better.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

No. I'm thoroughly enjoying this expansion.

THE END IS COMING

For real this time though,the past 14 years of saying that didn't count

THE END IS COMING FOR REAL THIS TIME I SWEAR GUYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard intended to release expansions faster since WotLK. Had nothing to do with WoD in specific.
    _________

With the massive failure Azerite is I don't see any chance Blizzard will give us three content patches this expansion. No f* way. Get real and don't be so delusional about BfA. It's been a failure from scratch.
    Yeah except Wrath, Cata and Mist had a few major content patches/tiers. WoD had launch then the end. Its the only time they changed course. Which they also changed back to in Legion so unless they changed again(No evidence other then you thinking I'm delusional)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Amen

and ten characters.
    Yer math is off a bit.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I don't like BfA and i think they made some big mistakes, including the overall lack of testing/polish in way too many things.

But if there is something i hate more than a failed expansion is a an abandoned expansion with the intended storylines abruptly changed, not finished or even not started just because they had to end it quickly to focus on the next expansion. I don't want another empty raid portal like the one in Vash'jir.

And i don't believe that BfA is beyond salvation. For starters is not good, sure, but is not that bad either, dungeons and raids still deliver. The three big new systems failed, but they can improve in the future. Maybe all it can be is an average expansion, i'm ok with that as long as they make an effort to fix issues.

Will island expeditions be the best game mode they ever made when 8.3 hits live servers? probably not, but i'm sure they will be better than right now, more enjoyable and more rewarding. The same goes for warfronts, i'm sure that darkshore will already have some improvements compared to arathi.

Azerite is not beyond salvation. Don't expect a complete removal or revamp of the system. Expect improved acquisition for azerite armor, expect improved traits or even expect that they'll just tone down the impact of the whole system so much that it will just be something that we have to keep around without bothering us.

Let them finish when it was intended to finish, ask and expect improvements along the way. Play if you are having fun, don't play if you are not.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Expansion is great, tons of people have come back and are having a great time.

Same old forum whiners since TBC moaning about paladins in the horde., "oh I raided MC for months to get epics now everyone has welfare epics" bla bla bla

When will you understand that most people don't care for your negativity and would rather you kept your opinions to yourself? You are not even being constructive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Anyone voting yes don't understand what that would do... if they end in 8.2 we will have the longest drought yet with no variety of content, BFA is deeply flawed yes, but more content and variety of things to do will obviously make it better.
    Not only that but it would empower the hating children into thinking they can kill any expansion they deem not good enough for them. It would be a disaster, and that is exactly what they want. They want to kill WoW to then say "Haha! Told you so!".
    But the only thing that will kill WoW is to listen to these people and do their bidding.

Thankfully, i know they won't. These people forget, but the reason WoD got rushed was because the team was dramatically expanded after Titan was cancelled and coaching was necessary, leading to milestones being missed.
    This is not the case anymore. BfA is here to stay and they will either leave or endure it, and that's that.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-10-03 at 10:32 PM.

To people who say : "if you don't like it, don't play it". I understand the idea, but pragmatically, the less people play, the less budget they'll have to leverage WoW's further game value. And actually there's a lot of people who don't want to play anymore. Let unsatisfied people voice their opinion, for your favorite game's own financial good. Blizzard is clever enough to know what's good criticism and what is not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothings wrong with the game, just because they tried new things and you don't like them doesn't automatically make the game wrong or bad.

It just means you<---as in one person,feels what ever they added isn't for you. Just because you, or a few people don't like something or disagree with something doesn't make it automatically bad or distasteful for everyone.The game isn't just made for you. If you don't like it, just stop playing until something changes that brightens it up for you?

In other words...HELL NO IT SHOULDN'T END IN 8.2 This is the best story we have had in along time, and this is the best developments in the story and world (of Warcraft) we've had in literal years, we are finally progressing from Old threats that we met in Warcraft, we are finally moving away from the looming threat of The Burning Legion.Why stop that because some people don't like that they tried new ideas, new systems this go around? I'm for one happy they had the BALLS to try new things despite what players might think or feel, and TBH I hope they don't listen to all the bitching and whining (But they will...just like they did in Cataclysm when they made dungeons "HARD")They just need to fix some small things here and there
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-10-03 at 09:27 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    How do you figure? If I spent an hour learning the boss mechanics and executing perfectly enough to kill it and didn't get a single piece of loot...you would disagree that my progression was devalued and a complete waste of time? MMO's are about making your character stronger constantly over time, if that is happening less and less each time I log in then what is the point. Downing the boss is only half the fun, the other half is earning the sweet loot. Spending a ton of time trying to kill and boss only to receive nothing is an awful.

I don't understand how I can any more clear. Blizzard also gets to the control the RNG of said loot drops. Going an entire week without a single loot drop is freaking stupid, and yes this happened to me during my initial time with BFA.
    With your logic about progressing a boss and then killing it, also means you want the whole raid to get an item.
    Just because you killed the boss.

So we go into HC uldir with 25 people, and everyone will get a piece of loot on Ghuun since you progressed on him for 1 hour.
    With 8 bosses in there, and ''progress'' on all of them, you will get the whole raid geared to an average of 365-370 ilvl with no effort or time invested.
    And then the topic of this thread was different.

I really don't see the point in that.
    I do believe that is the textbook definition of a lootwhore.

Do you instantly get a raise at your job when you mastered a part of it? No you don't you earn it in the long run.

RNG is RNG, you can't be serious that blizzard is actually ''controlling'' the drops.
    Also, that is where our bonus rolls come in. I wouldnt say its the perfect solution because if used i barely see anything else than gold or AP but still.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2018-10-03 at 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    To people who say : "if you don't like it, don't play it". I understand the idea, but pragmatically, the less people play, the less budget they'll have to leverage WoW's further game value. And actually there's a lot of people who don't want to play anymore. Let unsatisfied people voice their opinion, for your favorite game's own financial good. Blizzard is clever enough to know what's good criticism and what is not.
    To a degree. But Blizz is a single umbrella, if they think WoW is worth the investment they can shuffle some cash that a bigger cow like Overwatch or Hearthstone makes to WoW.

And even if all the haters leave I doubt WoW crashes so hard Blizz decides pulling the plug is worth it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Absolutely not. Blizzard giving up on WoD halfway through the expansion is (IMO) the worst mistake they've ever made with WoW. Giving up on BfA would be even more devastating (again, IMO) because that would be 2/3 expansions where Blizzard flat out gave up. who's to say they don't up every other expansion from here on out?

They have to finish out BFA, sure the Azerite system is trash, but I'm sure there's something they can do to salvage it and make it at least bearable. Expeditions and Warfronts can be a lot better with some tweaking. I haven't completely lost faith (not yet, at least).

7+ Year Old Account
    Another prophect topic? Rofl... i think the expansion ends on 8.3...