Question Reconsidering "Pristine Realms"

You might remember this concept from the whole legacy severs outrage a while ago. But hear me out I beg of you.We now know for sure that Legacy servers are coming -for vanilla at least - and although nobody truly knows how they would be received I'm assuming they would be a success with at least few millions players at launch. I do not think that they would end modern wow for many reasons since they're vastly different but they would attract fresh players especially if they have a different business model than modern wow. but after the steam fades away many players may wish to continue the vanilla experience but with fresh content and perhaps many other improvements (this does not concern those who play for nostalgia but fresh players who only heard stories about vanilla or people who never played wow at all) since what made vanilla great is not it's outdated graphics or it's weird unbalance but other key philosophies of slowpaced rewards and RPG elements and sense of community which can not be replicated perfectly in modern wow but we can get as close to them as possible this is where "pristine realms" come in as a chance to allow new players who liked the new vanilla realms to enjoy modern wow without losing many thing they loved.

Server features:
    *Fresh servers that can not be transferred to from a non-pristine realms as well as all other account wide features being isolated from these realms.
    *No cross-realm features except for perhaps bringing your friend to your realm temporarily.
    *No Heirlooms or level boost.

Leveling:
    * The experience for each level will be increased.
    * Flying will be removed (debatable)
    *Mob damage/health and overhaul difficulty will be increased.
    *The introduction of a leveling-only talent "tree" to give you a sense of progression going through 120 levels but is changed with the modern one somewhere around leveling (perhaps level 100? 90?) to be balance-able for end-game.
    *Also Class quests.

Dungeons and Raids:
    *Group finder goes away.
    *dungeons rebalanced to be challenging rather than a walk in the park but more rewarding.
    *LFR and Normal difficulty removed leaving Heroic (which is difficult yet realistic for most players) and Mythic for the spicy challenge.
    *Older Raids should be nerfed to fit into the leveling experience as it is disappointing to for example to go through all of Northrend's narrative without being able to see it concluded.
    Dungeons at max level should have one difficulty "normal" and "heroic and mythic " would be baked in as Mythic+ ranks with greater loot in the earlier ranks with no affixes.

PvP:
    *Warmode is a good addition I'm for keeping it.
    *PvP objectives in cities to provoke city raids.

*Unique achievements for pristine realms that carry over to other realms.

I'm not sure what the theme is here, exactly, or why it's called "pristine". Adding more difficulty but also adding a lot of annoyance to leveling etc.? Have you heard of any ambitious raider who thought leveling was too easy, and gearing new alts wasn't tedious enough? Seems like a bit of a contradictory design approach if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about no and Blizzard doesn't waste resources on a server that most players won't use. Especially when you'll have classic servers to get the "pristine" experience.

Not to mention people already take issue with the item level scaling on mobs and were pissed off at the leveling "difficulty experience" overhaul.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Oh, so vanilla but worse. Got it

Quote Originally Posted by wiljijel View Post
    Leveling:
    * The experience for each level will be increased.
    * Flying will be removed (debatable)
    I think leveling already takes longer than it should at the moment. I'm all for an "experience" but damn. Imo, most of the game's fun takes place at top level, as it should.

Also, removing flying (though I'm not opposed) would render certain areas inaccessible. They'd either have to make alternative methods of reaching those areas or keep flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not sure what the theme is here, exactly, or why it's called "pristine". Adding more difficulty but also adding a lot of annoyance to leveling etc.? Have you heard of any ambitious raider who thought leveling was too easy, and gearing new alts wasn't tedious enough? Seems like a bit of a contradictory design approach if you ask me.
    This is a niche server to cater to those who will enjoy classic not the ones currently playing modern wow. Also the name Pristine was used by Blizzard a while ago so not my fault that the name is confusing

"Remove LFR and Normal"
    "Also please nerf previous raids so that I can see the story at their level."

This is legitimately the most retarded thing I've read in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    I think leveling already takes longer than it should at the moment. I'm all for an "experience" but damn. Imo, most of the game's fun takes place at top level, as it should.

Also, removing flying (though I'm not opposed) would render certain areas inaccessible. They'd either have to make alternative methods of reaching those areas or keep flying.
    I agree with the Fly to areas and Leveling won't be as tedious if the server is freshly launched with new players coming in and not full of characters that were leveled 14 years ago. so you've got company and it isn't some lonely grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "Remove LFR and Normal"
    "Also please nerf previous raids so that I can see the story at their level."

This is legitimately the most retarded thing I've read in a while.
    The first one is end game content that you would like to see eventually and would go through gearing for it but nobody on this entire planet would ever stop leveling and grind dailies and gear to get into a low level raid and even if that being exists there is no way it can find 10 more people like it to do that raid so those raids are wasted if not nerfed to cater to leveling gear not simply making mechanics trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a more immersive levelling experience, one that takes longer. Levelling should be a part of the game, not a hurdle to jump through. But sadly I don't see they doing anything to remedy that. Classic will be there for those who want to scratch that itch, and that is how they will see it IMO
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do we even need this now that Classic exists for people who want "harder WoW."

Also nice job sneaking in a "Muh talents r pruned" in there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    No thanks. Long, slow leveling with the current 'progression' systems we have in place would be absolutely terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will absolutely not happen.

It's an experience players can already create, if they choose, and was only discussed as a means of cutting off the head of Classic before going for it.

Now that Classic will likely land in 2019, there's just no way this 'Pristine' nonsense will happen.

And good riddance. Fucking rubbish idea.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d level on a harder server but that’s about it. When the last number squish happend and dungeons were a bit over tuned I loved it as a healer I could actually use my kit while leveling. When they nerfed them back down I lost a lot of interest in level as I have no desire to just blast though every thing while leveling.