Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Offering transfers from Classic > Current would introduce behaviour detrimental to Classic, So i'm against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, with regard to transmog carrying over, I'm not opposed to it. BMAH already undermines the exclusivity argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why would you care? he is asking if classic translate to retail NOT the other way around. this doesn't affect classic in any way or form.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many people try to shut down other people no matter how harmless their suggestions are.
    I didn't shut him down, I gave my opinion. You might wanna learn how to handle that better if you plan on using this newfangled 'internet' thing very much.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Naxx 40 won't be quick on Classic even people in TBC struggled with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Yes I know. That was the joke I was trying to get across.
    The resources available on the net back then were pretty scarce. People are a lot better at the game as a whole these days. Just check out some of the speed runs from the private server guys to see how easy it is when you go in properly prepared. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbtFtBWq3Zk)
    As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me. -- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So if this is literally just vanilla again, why not?
    what is special about having it done back then, and doing it now, if its the same?
    Why not let people who maybe wernt even able to play games yet, play and earn the rewards at near/same dificulty as it was back then?
    Exclusivity is why those titles and shit are desireable, not because of the stuff itself. Let the people that have it be happy and proud about it instead of letting everyone have it and no one gives a shit. Letting everyone have everything is part of the reason wow is so much worse now. Tmog I wouldn't mind, since you can already buy t3 from black ah and getting to naxx prob takes longer than farming the gold for it.
    We humans have to stick together

I'm guessing everyone will say no because they feel that because they were there X year, their mount is prestigious.

As someone who played at launch, Idgaf. Link or don't. If you were there you have the memory, that's enough.

One time events, similar to the Hearthsteed, are okay, but you shouldn't be rewarded in BfA for playing what amounts to a completely different game. It's as simple as that.

Not to mention all of the toxic people it will bring to Classic. Guild poaching is already bad enough, throwing in people that will only play until they get a certain item and then peace out would be terrible.

On top of all that, some things should just stay exclusive and require you to have been there at the time. It encourages people to play so they won't miss out. For anyone saying "what about people that couldn't play at the time?", oh well. That's how life works. I wish I was around to get rare baseball cards that are now worth tens of thousands of dollars, but I wasn't.
    Last edited by seleri; 2018-10-04 at 11:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Exclusivity is why those titles and shit are desireable, not because of the stuff itself. Let the people that have it be happy and proud about it instead of letting everyone have it and no one gives a shit. Letting everyone have everything is part of the reason wow is so much worse now. Tmog I wouldn't mind, since you can already buy t3 from black ah and getting to naxx prob takes longer than farming the gold for it.
    If it is so easy that being able to get it in classic wow will let everyone get it, is it really cool?
    or just "i played then and s i get it"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's a bif yes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The boys and girls demanded Vanilla... they should get vanilla... no effin sprinkles, no chocolate chips, not raisins, vanilla man, dont you get it... if you dont give them vanilla they'll cry that they didn't get what they ordered.
    I think you ignored what I said. They demanded vanilla, they will get vanilla, there will be no sprinkles or anything. Current WoW (can't call it retail anymore because classic is retail now, too) is affected by the existence of Vanilla, not vice versa. Sprinkles and whatever else will exist in the current expansion, but vanilla will remain vanilla. What the OP is recommending is the existence of vanilla sprinkles to the current version that in no way affect vanilla. The belief that classic will exist in a vacuum untouched by the players of the current expansion is a farce that honestly people have to accept. The same way they have to accept that internet speeds, PC hardware, monitor resolution, add-on libraries, player skill, and knowledge of the game are considerably greater than they were back in 2004/2005.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

I don't care about retail. If it is a one way street and nothing in retail has an effect on Classic, I think this is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice and would give me a reason to play it, but will they do it? I doubt it...you'll have people complaining, and that is a headache that is just easier for Blizz to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    We don't want people playing it only for achievements/mounts for their main account. Play classic because you love classic, not because you want to pimp up your main account.
    I think people are underestimating the massive amount of time, effort, and luck required to obtain those sought after items/mounts/titles. Anyone that is willing to lvl, gear up, find a raiding group, and farm content week after week in the hopes of getting those drops won't be a detriment to the Classic community.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a mentality that I would wager most players don't share. I certainly don't take pride in having accumulated stuff from years of playing. Doesn't matter to me what everyone else has. I played for myself, not to impress a bunch of randos online. What always mattered most to me was whether it looked cool on my character. I don't think I even use any of my exclusive transmogs/mounts/titles.

Additionally, one of the big arguments in favor of exclusivity is effort needed to obtain said item. If someone else picks up a ZG tiger after months of running the instance at 60, it doesn't matter to me whether they did at 12 years ago or a year into Classic. As far as I'm concerned, they "earned" it either way (quotation marks because RNG).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    That's a whole lot of assumptions and judgement on your part, dude. Selfish and not care about their reputation? Wanting to ninja-loot, etc.? How do you know they're not just people willing to put in a lot of time and effort to get something rare and hard to obtain? How do you know they're not also there for the community and the experience, but would love the chance to port some of that over to retail to show off to their other friends?
    What is the hard part to get? It would attract people that only would play for those things. No one thats going to play on the classic servers would want to interact with those people. Lets say that its one of those ZG mounts, and someone starts a guild so he can be masterlooter and progress through content etc. And eventually the mount drops and he just takes it and just dispands the guild. There is not going to be any rewards outside of classic and it should stay that way. If you think otherwise then stick to your retail because classic is cleary not for you if you need to be rewarded for shit all the time. Its a RPG you get rewarded with gear for your character so you can do harder content and get even better gear. There is no reason for any other rewards especially in another game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I fully expect and welcome both. They'd miss out on a potentially tremendous number of players going after unobtainable stuff, like Naxxramas-40, Zul-Gurub, all the removed gear from mobs/quests/dungeons, etc.

It doesn't really affect or taint the Classic experience, since it has literally no bearing on how Classic functions. Plus this move would help with interest, pure volume of players, replayability and retention, which would be much lower otherwise. It's such a no brainer that there's really no reason for them not to allow this.
    People that doesn't really want to play classic would play it, and fuck over people who truly enjoys it utill they get their item and just quits. Its a huge problem and should not for any reason be allowed. There shouldnt be a single freaking reward to play classic, except that you get to play classic. No title, No transmog, No mounts Nothing. Not a single fucking thing. If people who enjoy all of those things wants to try classic they should try it because they want to. Not because they have targeted an item/mount that they would ninja from people without hesitation because they're quitting right after anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you care? he is asking if classic translate to retail NOT the other way around. this doesn't affect classic in any way or form.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many people try to shut down other people no matter how harmless their suggestions are.
    Because they aren't truly "harmless" Its been said a million times already in this thread. People with wrong intentions would go to any length to try obtain certain stuff. And won't hesitate to fuck over other people in the process. Classic should stay classic, no rewards outside it to attract unwanted people.

You were annoyed by his post & you tried to shut him down. CLEARLY.
    No, they simply replied with their opinion.

I really hope they don't link, you shouldn't have to play a 14 year old game to get a transmog in the current expansion.

Please no. People playing Classic should actually want to be there for Classic. Not a bunch of jackasses who don't actually want to be there and complain bitterly the whole time just because they want to earn a mount for their main.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If it is so easy that being able to get it in classic wow will let everyone get it, is it really cool?
    or just "i played then and s i get it"
    Because very few people knew back then and the general player is better. It wasnt easy to get back then but it would be easy now. Its really quite simple

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I think people are underestimating the massive amount of time, effort, and luck required to obtain those sought after items/mounts/titles. Anyone that is willing to lvl, gear up, find a raiding group, and farm content week after week in the hopes of getting those drops won't be a detriment to the Classic community.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a mentality that I would wager most players don't share. I certainly don't take pride in having accumulated stuff from years of playing. Doesn't matter to me what everyone else has. I played for myself, not to impress a bunch of randos online. What always mattered most to me was whether it looked cool on my character. I don't think I even use any of my exclusive transmogs/mounts/titles.

Additionally, one of the big arguments in favor of exclusivity is effort needed to obtain said item. If someone else picks up a ZG tiger after months of running the instance at 60, it doesn't matter to me whether they did at 12 years ago or a year into Classic. As far as I'm concerned, they "earned" it either way (quotation marks because RNG).
    Thats alright, everyone doesnt have to agree but I am quite sure you Are in the minority here. Having rare shit is a big motivator for People and if everyone has something then it doesnt matter. Mind you i dont have it and never Will get it, this mentality with people now aday that they cannot stand to be told they cant have something is dishusting tbh, its absurd how entitled the general player base Are.
    We humans have to stick together

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought about this same idea the other day, and discussed it with a few other seasoned veterans, and we concluded that this would probably be what it takes to bring us back into the Vanilla world.

I, and a few others at that, accomplished (nearly) everything in Vanilla. One of the very few things I didn't do though, as the items became irrelevant after a while, was keep old items (so I would eventually get them as usable transmog items 10 years later, who would have thought?)

I think a few of us would stay at the blue-ish level 60 character level with the odd epics (Exalted AV from one BG you said?) just trying to attain mog items from UBRS/Scholo/Strat etc.

I have the mounts though (except the black scarab).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    I thought about this same idea the other day, and discussed it with a few other seasoned veterans, and we concluded that this would probably be what it takes to bring us back into the Vanilla world.

I, and a few others at that, accomplished (nearly) everything in Vanilla. One of the very few things I didn't do though, as the items became irrelevant after a while, was keep old items (so I would eventually get them as usable transmog items 10 years later, who would have thought?)

I think a few of us would stay at the blue-ish level 60 character level with the odd epics (Exalted AV from one BG you said?) just trying to attain mog items from UBRS/Scholo/Strat etc.

I have the mounts though (except the black scarab).
    Not to mention bag space. Before we got Void Storage, bank space was premium and justifying keeping those old items around was harder and harder to do.

Losing old items that you earned and knowing you'll never get them back sucks. If Classic allowed you to re-earn those items, it would be great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because very few people knew back then and the general player is better. It wasnt easy to get back then but it would be easy now. Its really quite simple

- - - Updated - - -

Thats alright, everyone doesnt have to agree but I am quite sure you Are in the minority here. Having rare shit is a big motivator for People and if everyone has something then it doesnt matter. Mind you i dont have it and never Will get it, this mentality with people now aday that they cannot stand to be told they cant have something is dishusting tbh, its absurd how entitled the general player base Are.
    So if a bug in the game is found that few people know about, but make getting a super rare mount insanely easy, then it is removed but blizzard says "we are thinking of adding that back" your against that cause "but i was there so i should get to be unique"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content