Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I can't tell if you're for or against Drustvar.
    Against. I forgot my Kappa I guess
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    No, people switched Horde just to follow the move "BEST MYTHIC GUILDS" while most of them can't even finish m+5 in time.
    Most of them? Anything to back that up?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Against. I forgot my Kappa I guess
    Why against then?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Stormsong was infinitely worse than Drustvar.. I kept wondering when it was ever gonna end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drustvar was my favorite zone of the expansion. I loved the atmosphere, didnt think the quests were too bad...and I'm a fan of the Witcher, which is where I think they drew a lot of inspiration..so I'm probably biased.

Stormsong on the other hand was a struggle. Playing through it I just kept thinking...I don't care about half of this bring on the void bros. Don't get me wrong the scenery was nice to look at but the quests them self felt tedious to me. The ones that held my interest were over too quick and I felt like I was fighting quilboars for ages.

The horde zones as a whole had a much better flowing, connected story which is an important aspect of the immersion. It made you feel like you had a real reason to be there. Outside of the main Tiragarde questline, the Alliance zones felt at times disconnected from the overarching Kultiras story. So I can understand why someone might have a problem with it, but all in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the BFA questing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    Drustvar > Nazmir > Zuldazar > Tiragarde Sound > Vol'dun > Stormsong Valley
    My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    Yeah, I did, very much by far my favorite zone this expansion. You know, tastes and colors. I hated Stormsong Valley and I can argument why but it's up to me, plenty ofpeople enjoyed that zone for the same reasons I hated it.
    So funny, I liked Drustvar a lot and for different reasons than stormstong and tiragarde. Really enjoyed all three alliance zones for leveling, quests, storylines, visuals, the entire package. Especially like the feel of Boralus and those boats.

But as much as I like the visuals of the horde continent I can't stand questing in those zones. Zuldazar looks *amazing*. Having played from Vanilla I can't even believe it's still the same game from a visual standpoint. But I just can't stand questing there, even the world quests bug me. Navigating it is a pain. Nazmir especially, looks incredible but hate having to ride through any of it.

If my main was horde I'd be having a rough time finishing those zones and probably be unhappy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    Yeah, I did, very much by far my favorite zone this expansion. You know, tastes and colors. I hated Stormsong Valley and I can argument why but it's up to me, plenty ofpeople enjoyed that zone for the same reasons I hated it.
    same here, Drust'var was my favorite by far and stormsong the one I hated more. My second character did Drust'var > Tiragarde > Stormsong.

and I think next character won't even put a foot there, will go by dungeons and battlegrounds

Drustvar is one of my all-time favorite zones, but hey opinions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why against then?
    Because as i said before: Storyline seemed to drag on and on, "OOOH WITCHES!", and the zone at many points felt almost claustrophobic.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

to me lvling my ally alt was pretty hard since tiragarde and stormsong are quite a snorefest (half of the story in stormsong is good, then it goes downhill pretty hard) and while i liked drustvar, in my opinion Nazmir is better than Drustvar since Browmsandi is there and i quite liked a lot the tematic of Nazmir.

so to my eyes Horde lvling zones lorewise>Alliance zones but you can dismiss my comment if you like since i always like a lot more the horde lore than the alliance one.

lel, I don't care for any of the Horde zones. Furies vs snakes, cool. Blood trolls, cool. Dinosaurs, cool. It feels less like WoW proper and more like an edgy 13 year olds fantasy world. Atmospherically I enjoy the Alliance zones far more, I could care less about the plot.

I had legit the opposite experience. Leveled Horde first, thought it was okay, except leveling in Zuldazar...it's like Highmountain, and the story was meh. Did an Alliance toon and fell in love with the Drustvar story and quests and music...

done both for me personally horde I felt more connected to by far. Like the reason we are actually there and helping out the Zandalari. All horde zones felt good and worked well together but Vol'dun was probably the weakest for me tbh. The end of Vol'dun was better to me like the last 2 chapters than the beginning parts.

Alliance storyline felt very disconnected and just mashed ideas and plots thrown together for whatever reason. The 3 alliance zones all felt by themselves in towards a bigger theme building. Besides the kul'tiran fleet coming back etc. '

Horde Zuldazar>Nazmir>Vol'dun
    Alliance Tiragarde Sound> Drustvar> Stormsong Valley

The best of all the quests and storyline was bwonsamdi and the quests involving him felt good.

Didnt switched alot mythic guilds to horde because of the racial bonus of trolls during mop raiding ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranting Cow View Post
    You're the one dreaming this though. I never criticized Drustvar because it's an Alliance zone, but because it's a bad zone. If you so badly need to hear it from me, then here we go : both Alliance and Horde zones in BfA are way below wow standards. Happy ?

And everything you just listed is either variation of the same concept or random village that looks just like every other village in Kul Tiras. The whole zone can be resumed by creepy forests and a snowy mountain. Which in itself isn't that problematic : I'm not asking for seven different ecosystems coexisting inside the same zone. But the thing is, there is not enough details, color variation/whatever to give each subzone it's own individual charm.

I've never looked at a particular angle of the zone and thought "wow, beautiful!", unlike every other zones. I love the Sethraliss Temple, heart of darkness in Nazmir, Boralus, the shrine of tempest... But Drustvar, ? It feels... lacking. There is nothing impressive about it.

Story is one plot : push back the drust forces and witches. Which is exactly what I complained about, independently of it's quality. It's high points are also sparce, but thats no different than the other zones. I liked the beginning and the chapel episode though. Rest is meh.
    No, I'm not satisfied at all.

But hey, you are allowed to have an opinion, even if it's complete bollocks.

I actually really liked Drustvar. It's a slow start and until you do most of the quests a lot of the flightpoints are locked, but the story and art and atmosphere are great. Imo the best zone of BfA.

while the art was nice, leveling is the same as its been for a decade, as theme park game, leveling is nothing but a wasted time sink.

Regardless of zones, leveling, races or w/e, majority of people are playing horde because that's where most good raiding guilds are. In EU the imbalance is so bad that there's basically only a handful of servers you can play on if you want to raid on Alliance now.

Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    everyone I know loves drustvar and seen many people posting it's their fav.

the only hate I've seen it get is if you don't do it first it seems to be the worst of the 3 alliance zones to finish leveling in due to leveling/scaling effect
    I liked Drustvar best too.

Heard that scaling complaint but don't feel it's true. I was 118 when I started Drustvar and quested the majority of it at 120 and can't say it felt any different than before. Maybe because I raided the AH and immediately pushed my ilvl to 305.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    As an Alliance main, decided to play a Horde alt .. Just hit 120 Horde side and was like 'wow I actually enjoyed that' .. then it hit me, Horde don't do Drustvar story line .. Who ever designed Drustvar story line needs to be sacrificed to those witches! Damn that zone sucks so bad ..

Any one here actually enjoyed that zone/story?
    TheManWithNoTaste.jpg

How is it even possible to have taste this shit?