Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    eh, I'm perfectly happy with smashing my way through all things, whether from stealth or head on. (though mostly from stealth). personaly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    i managed to play the last game without feeling the need to buy any materials from the store, or the pages of ingame "transmog" options.

all the legendary weapons in the shop weren't better than what i got ingame so i'm not paying for a worse weapon, so all im seeing is the exp/gold boosters are the issue, the rest is 100% optional they wouldn't improve the game at all for me, maps and material boosters are useless you can get all of that playing normally and no grind needed but you gotta explore not zerg the main story down like you're doing a speedrun at GDQ. who's playing these massive open games and not exploring? back to FF13 with you enjoy your endless corridor simulator!

that is my only issue, a 50% exp booster is a real big difference in exp, imagine blizzard added that to the shop? +50% exp gain accountwide, that would certainly feel mandatory if you're levelling a lot of characters, would save you days of leveling.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2018-10-06 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i managed to play the last game without feeling the need to buy any materials from the store, or the pages of ingame "transmog" options.

all the legendary weapons in the shop weren't better than what i got ingame so i'm not paying for a worse weapon, so all im seeing is the exp/gold boosters are the issue, the rest is 100% optional they wouldn't improve the game at all for me, maps and material boosters are useless you can get all of that playing normally and no grind needed but you gotta explore not zerg the main story down like you're doing a speedrun at GDQ. who's playing these massive open games and not exploring? back to FF13 with you enjoy your endless corridor simulator!

that is my only issue, a 50% exp booster is a real big difference in exp, imagine blizzard added that to the shop? +50% exp gain accountwide, that would certainly feel mandatory if you're levelling a lot of characters, would save you days of leveling.
    It shouldnt exist in singleplayer game---ever.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I have to ask here too, but does anyone else have issues accessing the in-game store on Odyssey on PC? For me it's been down since yesterday and wondering if it's a local issue or not. I can open the store but can't access any of the menus (communication error with Ubisoft servers).

I'd only buy a few resources to upgrade the ship, is it too much to ask.. Farming for resources just isn't my thing..
    I would hold off buying resources anyway, since you would still need to farm ancient tablets to upgrade your ship. Resources are plenty if you loot the conquest crates to lower the nation power and don't use them for upgrading items until 50. At most just upgrade your favourite weapons every 10 levels or so.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2018-10-06 at 10:59 AM.

I guess I just don't really get the need to level faster? but I'm a completionist and a hoarder of mats, so regardless of how fast or slow I level, I'm not leaving a zone till I'm done with it, so it doesn't much matter to me :/

I wouldn't be surprised though if with second paid DLC in 2019, they will introduce level boosts, ala Origins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm taking my sweet time with the game and so I don't feel the need to buy any of that 'shortcut' stuff. And while I love ACOd (so, so much) I will say that IMO its kinda sleazy of them to add a full 'F2P game'-style of store to a game that costs as much as $120.

That's my only real complaint with it, but it definitely registered.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Haven't played AC since AC3 which I found boring. I'm thinking about trying Odyssey though. Worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Haven't played AC since AC3 which I found boring. I'm thinking about trying Odyssey though. Worth?
    I'd say yes, story is interesting, areas are lush and colourful and combat is fun with 3 playstyle choices. or jack of all trades.

I've mostly gone Warrior tree and dipped into Assassin tree. This is what i have at 25.

The abilities i'm using atm, and will probably add more when i get access to an additional melee wheel, which you unlock later.

all passives in warrior and assassin trees, so extra weapon, armour and crit damage.

Hero Strike - Invaluable to me, can be used to counter an enemy mid leap while he's using an unavoidable attack. Also does an insane amount of damage if you happen to get behind your target which is easy enough with a quick parry. I also use it in place of Shield breaker too.

Flaming attacks - Deals more damage than the venomous attacks skill, Burning causes them to panic anyway so you get more hits in. While venomous is useful for the tougher enemies like mercenaries.

Bull rush - Mobility and good for aoe damage with flaming attacks if enemies are clumped together.

Sparta kick - For fall damage mostly or an interrupt. - Any high health enemy will die or take massive damage with this ability if they fall in any area with a ladder's height.

Second wind - Must have for conquest and other situations.

Overpower - Powerful when combined with flaming attacks with Swords / Daggers for single target, Spear for aoe, but you have to aim it.

Ranged tree also looks interesting, but i don't have the hunter damage gear for that yet.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2018-10-06 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Absolutely.

Haven't enjoyed a game this much for quite a while.
    Surprisingly lot of depth, and the story is actually good too.

But yeah, there is a lot of grinding in some parts. Upgrading legendary items for example. Levelling can get slow in the teens, but you never run out of things to do.

The sparta kick is probably one of the most satisfying abilities in the game, its useful for everything from kicking enemies to their death whether it be from a cliff, rooftop or kicking them overboard during a ship boarding to sending a bear flying several feet away. Admittedly the last one is a bit immersion breaking if you think too much about how a human can send a bear flying through the air with a single kick but then again in this game you can also set your weapons ablaze at will and shoot arrows through several feet of solid stone if you pick the ghost arrow of Artemis ability so realism isn't really a concept known to this game

Also playing with exploration mode on is really fun if you like having to figure out the location of people based on the smallest of hints like the person is somewhere on this island.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-10-06 at 09:22 PM.

I'm waiting to get a high enough level to take on that elite in the Volcano near Athens.
    I really, really want to Spartan kick him into the lava.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The sparta kick is probably one of the most satisfying abilities in the game, its useful for everything from kicking enemies to their death whether it be from a cliff, rooftop or kicking them overboard during a ship boarding to sending a bear flying several feet away. Admittedly the last one is a bit immersion breaking if you think too much about how a human can send a bear flying through the air with a single kick but then again in this game you can also set your weapons ablaze at will and shoot arrows through several feet of solid stone if you pick the ghost arrow of Artemis ability so realism isn't really a concept known to this game
    I agree fully, Sparta Kick just feels amazing to use. Has such a sense of impact, even against the elites it doesn't initially knock down.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I guess I just don't really get the need to level faster? but I'm a completionist and a hoarder of mats, so regardless of how fast or slow I level, I'm not leaving a zone till I'm done with it, so it doesn't much matter to me :/

I wouldn't be surprised though if with second paid DLC in 2019, they will introduce level boosts, ala Origins.
    Yeah I'm not feeling any need to level faster though I could see appreciating the xp boosts for a second playthrough.

So what are people's favourite weapons so far? I like Daggers, Spears,Swords and surprisingly Staves, they have a good light and heavy attack combo. And they all seem equally good on the damage front compared to origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Absolutely.

Haven't enjoyed a game this much for quite a while.
    Surprisingly lot of depth, and the story is actually good too.

But yeah, there is a lot of grinding in some parts. Upgrading legendary items for example. Levelling can get slow in the teens, but you never run out of things to do.
    I might give it a try after years. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah I'm not feeling any need to level faster though I could see appreciating the xp boosts for a second playthrough.
    main reason I'm fond of a level boost is because it opens up the world a LOT and I enjoy just going exploring, but at the same time... the story is really best progressed (IMO) in its natural order, so personaly at least I'm ok either way

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    So what are people's favourite weapons so far? I like Daggers, Spears,Swords and surprisingly Staves, they have a good light and heavy attack combo. And they all seem equally good on the damage front compared to origins.
    I'm not sure why exactly since normally I tend to prefer swords or daggers, but I'm really REALLY fond of spears :P

Anyone been to the Forgotten Island yet? It's fairly early in the game.

Your character says he cannot get through the door and best come back later. I went back when I discovered the first civilisation, but still couldn't get through. The door has a massive crack in it. My initial guess is that you can knock it down with Spartan Kick at max level. No spoilers if you know though. Something pretty big behind it, I could hear footsteps. A cyclops? A giant?

Man I just had my first real "boss" battle against the Kalydonian boar, that pig is one mean murder machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    I usually pick whatever is highest level but I do enjoy using spear and staves, although at the moment I am just sticking to the legendary sword that you get for dealing with The Wolf since it gives a 20% damage bonus to Spartan kick.

Wait there's a sparta kick ability? Like the 300 "This is Sparta" kick? That's an old meme now. I didn't think that AC was the type of series for random movie references.