Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I prefer Krag'wa

Quote Originally Posted by Himhim View Post
    I prefer Krag'wa
    This, even Jani is more interesting than Bwon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    He's a different version of Nathanos, only more fun and better written. Not an incredibly great character but done well and serves its purpose magnificiently, which is a lot more already than 90% of Warcraft's lore characters.

Best BfA character is Rastakhan no doubt. I never held any hopes about this guy before BfA but his writing was good beyond all my expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Bwonsamdi is okay, not as great as some people make him out to be. I'd say Rastakhan is a much better character who actually shows some flaws but is willing to learn and admit his mistakes and gives his life numerous times to save the Zandalari. Its not like BFA's cast is much to talk about, most of them are extremely boring and generic (Talanji, Taelia etc). Seriously, the only interesting part about Taelia is that Bolvar is her dad, but her actual character is nothing to speak about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If they had left the Horde/Alliance conflict out of the expansion and just made it so that the Horde/Alliance wanted to help the Zandalari/whoever the alliance help? This would be the best expansion in my opinion on story. The conflict feels so tact on and shitty and the expansion would have been fine without it 100%. The stories on Zandalar are really fun and amazing.
    sign that.

same as the starting part of MoP, which had a HUGE platform for war(craft), but halfassed presented and fastly abandoned. Not i not liked MoP, i think it was a great expac anyway.

seems like blizz is not really good at making war .... in ... world of WARcraft.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-10-07 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwonsamdi sounded much better on the alpha when he had that echoing, bass reverberation to his voice. He sounded more sinister.

And that effect on his voice would have made every thing he says in the game now that much better.

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about:

Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2018-10-07 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    try baron samedi.
    Ah right, forgot about that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Some people really can't seem to take being made fun of by npcs
    It would be clever if it was programmed to do it once in a while, but when you hear the same lines of dialogue over and over, it becomes ridiculously repetitive and annoying, like somebody telling you 'thank you' 15 times for opening the door for them.

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    Thing is he is the only character in this game that we dont really know much about especially his motivations.

I know people say he is cliche but the whole game is a cliche so when we have a character who is mischievous and mysterious and seems to be ten steps ahead we take notice.

I aint seen a person like it and i leveled up through horde and ally zones in BfA

He seems to have alot to tell and i look forward to knowing it
    Meh. The problem with "mysterious" characters like Bwonsamdi is that, because they don't tell you their true nature up front, fans begin to project their own expectations to fill the gap and then once they get around to the reveal, its a guarantee that most fans are unhappy because everyone had their own expectations. I don't care for that method of storytelling.

Its a lock that most fans will be disappointed once they reveal whatever he true nature is.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It would be clever if it was programmed to do it once in a while, but when you hear the same lines of dialogue over and over, it becomes ridiculously repetitive and annoying, like somebody telling you 'thank you' 15 times for opening the door for them.
    How often do you die?!

Deleted
    he's Aight. bit too The Princess and the Frog for my taste but he's the most animate/interesting character so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's pretty Bad Villain Cliche, but something about him I like.

Putting him up against All of BFA, yeah, he takes the cake.

All Time? I dunno where I'd place him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If they had left the Horde/Alliance conflict out of the expansion and just made it so that the Horde/Alliance wanted to help the Zandalari/whoever the alliance help? This would be the best expansion in my opinion on story. The conflict feels so tact on and shitty and the expansion would have been fine without it 100%. The stories on Zandalar are really fun and amazing.
    Also this.

I enjoyed Tiragarde and Stormsong, until Stormsong forced the Faction Conflict down my throat like Prom Night. Still thing SSV is better than Drust but that's a talk for another thread.

I personally hate the Faction Conflict, and I wish they'd quit pushing it so hard
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Hes Hades from Hercules and i have no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Bwonsamdi sounded much better on the alpha when he had that echoing, bass reverberation to his voice. He sounded more sinister.

And that effect on his voice would have made every thing he says in the game now that much better.

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTUOuLkrP0

I'm actually happy they got rid of that effect it's tiering that more and more characters use them. DKs started, then DHs had them, NB and LF Draenei... it's just starting to be irritaiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    He's a different version of Nathanos, only more fun and better written. Not an incredibly great character but done well and serves its purpose magnificiently, which is a lot more already than 90% of Warcraft's lore characters.

Best BfA character is Rastakhan no doubt. I never held any hopes about this guy before BfA but his writing was good beyond all my expectations.
    Why do you compare Bwonsamdi to Nathanos? I don't see any similarities.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Still waiting typical Disney villain song from Bwonsamdi...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Why do you compare Bwonsamdi to Nathanos? I don't see any similarities.
    They're not literally comparable but the overall idea it's the same, namely being shady characters having an "unconventional" relationship with players. As I already said, Bwonsamdi pulls it off more convincingly whereas Nathanos comes up "off" at times.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

Thats why he needed to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thats why he needed to die.
    Clearly Blizzard needs to get rid of all anomalies threatening the established order of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    How often do you die?!
    More than I would think on my Warlock surprisingly, a lot of times due to lag. I'm running through Nazmir and start lagging out and next thing I know there are like 20 blood trolls beating me down. Maybe that's why I'm pissed but Bwasambi isn't that interesting though, the trickster God shtick can get overbearing. He reminds me of Hades from Disney's Hercules, just less goofy but still annoying.

Deleted
    He's obviously a copy paste from Ryuk of Death Note, but I guess the fact that a stolen character is the best character in WoW lore shouldnt be surprising.