Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Island Expeditions, rewards

Hello, few days ago I read the post on MMO champion https://warcraft-secrets.com/guides/...tions-rewards/ about the rewards, yesterday I did 15 runs and got no item..

What we did (heroic) was to hunt down all the rares with a silver dragon icon on the nameplates, we ignored everything bug soggy and rotten chests, we are about 4000 azorite then and about 2-3min off the timer for the ''show all azorite locations'''.

But then, no rare are around, we dubble run the routes to find any new ones but nothing, we end up killing the elemental of phase 2 to I think trigger the invasion at 7500 azorite (ish) and then do that, killing a boss and looting chests and the scenario is over.

I feel like I am doing something wrong, is phase 3 the invasion time based or azorite? Are we doing the rares wrong? What am I missing?

What your missing is that island expeditions are fucking stupid, like the rest of this game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    What your missing is that island expeditions are fucking stupid, like the rest of this game atm.
    lol someones salty XD

We also completed the Expedition in the way described in that guide, and did normal instead of mythic invasions. We did not notice any difference in drops, a few quest items, a few pets. Just like when we did them "normally", but simply more because we needed to complete more and the chance indeed seems not to be tied to the difficulty level.
    Obviously the sample size is very low, but except that the loot is tied to the kind of mobs that spawn there there I see no conclusive correlation yet between what and how you kill and the rewards you got.

Are the people that get 5+ rewards in a run just are unbelievable lucky? And does phase 3, theinvasion, tied to azorite or time? (like 10 mins into it for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's absolutely ridiculous I have to read some guide on how to do island expeditions if I want to be rewarded..(other than a sack of dubloons). Either change the damn islands or make it more obvious on how to get the rewards in the first place. If it looks like a race, feels like a race and NPC's tell you it's a race I'm going to race and not ignore anything.

Not that they're even remotely fun to do, which is what it looked like from the moment they were announced anyway.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Are the people that get 5+ rewards in a run just are unbelievable lucky? And does phase 3, theinvasion, tied to azorite or time? (like 10 mins into it for example)
    Well, I don't know. I do not even know a single player that got two rewards from a single expedition (apart from the dubloon bag), so I take people claiming they got 5 and more rewards from a single IE with a huge grain of internet salt.

I personally have received 1 pet and 2 quest-starting items that give AP for turning in while leveling an alt. I've done a total of like 6 normal expeditions? But i have no idea how to get the rewards, they just kinda happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    I think it's absolutely ridiculous I have to read some guide on how to do island expeditions if I want to be rewarded..(other than a sack of dubloons). Either change the damn islands or make it more obvious on how to get the rewards in the first place. If it looks like a race, feels like a race and NPC's tell you it's a race I'm going to race and not ignore anything.

Not that they're even remotely fun to do, which is what it looked like from the moment they were announced anyway.
    Yes, how dare they implement a sandbox-type event that lets you actually decide yourself how you want to play it. Those bastards. They could have done that in an MMORPG, but not in WoW for gods sake....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Yes, how dare they implement a sandbox-type event that lets you actually decide yourself how you want to play it. Those bastards. They could have done that in an MMORPG, but not in WoW for gods sake....
    They don't LET you decide.. that's the point. From the get go you're told it's a race.

People had to figure it out by themselves because nobody was getting rewarded the way Blizzard told you to play it. If you want to get all pedantic about it, yes that IS deciding but you know what I mean.

Also if it was super fun content there wouldn't be an issue, but their new AI isn't really anything special either. The only fun islands I've done so far are the PvP ones but you might aswel just do that somewhere else.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2018-10-09 at 12:04 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Well ofcourse they are insanely lucky xD No matter what, you are never supposed to get 5+ items from Island Expedtions all the time And from my experience, after doing 50+ expeditions, Phase 3 is not based on time, but the amount of Azerite you collect. It should happend when you are 75% done or around that mark.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't LET you decide.. that's the point. From the get go you're told it's a race.

People had to figure it out by themselves because nobody was getting rewarded the way Blizzard told you to play it. If you want to get all pedantic about it, yes that IS deciding but you know what I mean.

Also if it was super fun content there wouldn't be an issue, but their new AI isn't really anything special either. The only fun islands I've done so far are the PvP ones but you might aswel just do that somewhere else.
    You make it sound like playing the "wierd way" is getting you that much more rewards, when the reality is that you might not even be getting that much more from it through that method.
    The problem is that the island expeditions does not give that much reward in general, not that the guided playstyle is the unrewarding one.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, I don't know. I do not even know a single player that got two rewards from a single expedition (apart from the dubloon bag), so I take people claiming they got 5 and more rewards from a single IE with a huge grain of internet salt.
    I got 3 two weeks ago. One transmog (plate set), one pet and one quest item.
    But that's still insanely rare. I tried leveling my hunter through Islands, done 20ish, got one transmog, one pet and like 5-6 quest items (and no, I don't want to go to Booty Bay, north Highmountain, Valdisdall and wherever else right now, no thanks).

Honestly, if the reward structure is indeed as unoriginal as "this mob has this loot table", they should just grant you with its reward on kill. You killed a pirate and looted a parrot ? FINE, then tell me directly instead of waiting for me to finish this island.
    Are they afraid of people leaving as soon as they get something ? The chances to get exactly what you want are like 0.0% anyway, and they just have to give us more incentive on completing islands instead of this 150 azerite bullshit

Mop scenarios were extremely poor in terms of content but propped up by rewards. Expeditions are a cheaper form of mop scenarios with extremely random rewards.

The lesson is blizz learns nothing.

I only do the mandatory 5 every week and somehow I got Squawks. And boy does he squawk. New favorite flying mount.

What I love are these big-ass "guides" that are presented as fact, but are actually not-all-that-large collections of circumstantial evidence. Some of which is most likely true, some of which is undoubtedly pure fiction.

The IE devs at Blizz must have to get a hand free before reading those.

When oh when will we actually get a blue post about these.

I've done quite a few expeditions recently leveling an alt, we've been focusing on killing rares and still managed to win them all. The rewards are still PATHETIC, like 2 pets and one blue BOE after dozens of expeditions... I thought Blizz hotfixed increased rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    I've done quite a few expeditions recently leveling an alt, we've been focusing on killing rares and still managed to win them all. The rewards are still PATHETIC, like 2 pets and one blue BOE after dozens of expeditions... I thought Blizz hotfixed increased rewards?
    They did, it went from ABYSMAL to PATHETIC

I have got 3 rewards in one run, using them to level alts. Hoping by the time I am done, pets will be done.

Drops if you are concentrating on silver named and event bosses is pretty noticable compared to what it used to be. The problem is the game mode makes you want to hoover up all the random azerite nodes/chests you see but if you want loot the best option is to never touch any of those.

I just did a few more, and got 1 item, the drop rate is so low, its not even funny. Those that got screenies of 3-5 drops in one run are just lucky as hell, all there is to it..

Deleted
    You don't need to literally avoid everything else. Also, did you aoe mobs? You're supposed to do that too.

I almost always get something. But if you do them a lot you will see diminishing returns. Still, you do know the rewards are AP. The pets and mounts aren't something you are easily going to obtain.