Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    Right. All those people quit or did that for a long time and here they are talking on a WoW fan forum. ... ...
    Nostalgia reasons? Hope for the future of the game, how ever futile it may be??

random personal loot has me close. If i go this time i go for good.

literally put off RL. ignore my kids half the time. grind double the amount of m+ the next highest guy in guild does. havent missed a kill on any boss normal or heroic since raids went live. rolled on the same mythic bosses each week....

meanwhile we have bench players that log on a few hours a week that are higher ilvl and better optimized.

who is this supposed to protect or be fun for again? Apparently wow is the one area in our existence that effort is commensurate. in doesnt = out. F personal loot. F the rng-fest wow has become.

saddens my soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    random personal loot has me close. If i go this time i go for good.

literally put off RL. ignore my kids half the time. grind double the amount of m+ the next highest guy in guild does. havent missed a kill on any boss normal or heroic since raids went live. rolled on the same mythic bosses each week....

meanwhile we have bench players that log on a few hours a week that are higher ilvl and better optimized.

who is this supposed to protect or be fun for again? Apparently wow is the one area in our existence that effort is commensurate. in doesnt = out. F personal loot. F the rng-fest wow has become.

saddens my soul.
    i feel this man
    ill probably be infracted for this post

For me it was primarily the Zandalari theme. I loved Legion but the BfA unwanted faction war coupled with a Zandalar theme was not my thing.

Started getting bored during Cata, tried to bring back that spark in MoP, cancelled my sub finally in WoD.
    Lack of class diversity, lack of community, too much QoL, which has hurt the feel of certain aspects of the game that I used to enjoy.

Recognition is gone, I remember setting up pugs and being able to invite someone based on what guild they come from, or just their reputation across the server.

You stopped recognising the players you would run into when level, who you'd end up inviting to your group when you see them levelling with you (now there's no need to invite anyway).

The guy that ganked you is just one of one thousand, not some recognisable asshole that has been tormenting you to the point where you call in your friends to come help you out, leading to an all-out brawl in thousand needles.

The game just felt like PressButton, DoDungeon, repeat. bleh

Deleted
    13 Skygolems/month r a valid reason not to quit. also the tranquility of BFA is like a moonlit lake in summer, BFA really is an unspectacular xpac.

I don't think anything in particular ever really makes me quit wow. It just gets to a point where I'm like 'this isn't fun at all to me' and I quit. Right now if I had to point toward one thing that could have kept me more engaged it would be the dungeons. I'm just not feeling these dungeons in BfA much like I wasn't feeling the ones in Legion for the most part. These just feel like too much of a hassle and most of the environments aren't things I look forward to seeing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Cataclysm, free realm transfer to a shitty realm due to friends who quit before cata hit, college...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azerite power was pretty much the last straw, the system is literally everything I hated about Legion's Artefact power except amplified. I absolutely HATE the artificial time gating that Blizzard has added to the game just for the sake of dragging out average player subscription time. I miss the days where I would run a raid or PvP and just focus on obtaining that particular raid/seasons set and knowing that I was at the top of the hill; nowadays its just an endless grind for the sake of being a grind.

A lack of High Elves at Blizzcon will make me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Dude you are giving @Aeula shit for no reason he explained clearly why he isn't happy with the game and you're just badgering him with nonsense replies, Stop white knighting the game is in a bad state atm open your eyes.
    Ferg is right, open your eyes, geez, stop being ridiculous and complain for the sake of complaining because you can't quit a game or you play a game what you clearly don't like (anymore). If you don't play it at all it is even worse that you spill your time complaining on a FANWEBSITE mainly related to this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    too much QoL, which has hurt the feel of certain aspects of the game that I used to enjoy.
    By definition a QoL update shouldn't change things so hugely. LFG tool isn't really QoL for example as it's a huge upgrade that changes the fabric of how we do things. A QoL update would be something like "you can change map size" or "you can jump off the flying taxi at next landing point if you click the button"

Pandas. /10char

Usually when I do do stop playing during any expansion, it's 100% because of the cesspool community. I won't be stopping this time because I put the entire community on ignore except for my guild. It's amazing how much more quiet the game is when you do something as simple as removing /1, /2, and /3.

I haven't really quit; I just don't have a subscription for the time being.

BfA is awesome, but I just didn't feel the urge to log in the last few weeks. A lot of it is because of the farming of Azerite, which I feel is boring and has lackluster rewards.

I just wish Blizzard would stop putting new powers and/or abilities on items, and instead give them directly to the classes through talents. Some form of progression after max level is needed, but the way it is now isn't exciting or interesting at all. Hell, even the Paragon-system from Diablo III would be better (incremental and tiny stat increases).
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Nothing in particular made me quit. Honestly my sub ran out, and I couldn't be bothered to re-sub right now. I have no idea if or when I will re-sub.

BfA, for me, did very little. I thoroughly dislike the current play style for Protection Warriors, I didn't enjoy the Mythic content and raiding proved to be just a bit boring. Warfronts were an interesting concept, but 100% repetitive with the exact same outcome each time, there is no potential for a mistake to happen.

From a story-line point of view, I really don't get a lot of what's going on with end-game content. I actually enjoyed the levelling content and stories in both Alliance and Horde zones.

The final 'fuck it' moment for me was the requirement to level up a Mag'har Orc from 20 to 110 through honestly very boring content I've already levelled through numerous times. I know many don't agree with this, but I've already paid for the BFA expansion, I don't like the requirement to go through old content just to get something I've already paid for.

I didn't play MoP at all, skipped huge sections of WoD and Legion because at the end of the day, WoW is just a game. If you're not enjoying it, stop playing it for a while until the new changes are of interest.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

technically i quit two weeks into WoD..

though i played every single expansion, but i dont consider playing for a couple of weeks and doing almost nothing actually "playing"

so WoD was the expansion during which i stopped playing the game pretty much. I kept logging in sometimes so i would still have some knowledge about whats going on with the game i still love(i love WoW, i just dont like WoD/Legion/BFA and the direction the game has been going), so i keep myself updated on whats happening. Also for lore and story

the specific reasons are: Pruning, homogenization, simplification/casualisation of the game on pretty much every single level, complete destruction of class design/game design, adding insane amount of RNG and insane amount of boring content(which is even more boring because of how shit the class design is), welfare epics, complete incompetence of blizzard to provide the reasoning of why all these things had to happen, lies about pruning only being the way to bring more stuff later, aka u need to remove something to add something new, otherwise its too many buttons, tho i never thought i had too many buttons even once since i started playing WoW, but maybe thats just me. But instead for some fucked up reason we ended up having way less shit than we used to have back in the days(especially compared to Wrath/Cata/MoP). And the "new" shit that they once promised they were just making space for is actually shit we used to have back in the days for the most part. And most of that shit is things we used to have baseline for every spec, but now its a talent for just one specific spec, which is just ridiculous

those are the main reasons

in my opinion since WoD they added nothing interesting and good to the game outside of M+(and even M+ has its flaws imo), everything else they've added to the game has been total garbage.. and either didnt improve the game in the slightest or actually made the game a lot worse

and i already mentioned things they removed
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2018-10-10 at 09:54 AM.

WoD. DPS shaman constantly getting the shaft. Real life is more interesting... but I occasionally think of playing when I'm bored, which is why I randomly come back to mmo-champ.

Started playing in April '06... crazy.
    Last edited by roent; 2018-10-10 at 10:04 AM.