Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    There sure are a lot of hints, but i would think this xpac would be the ideal place to introduce them and they haven't.

But, theres other issues. They really have no unique fantasy. They are hunters that shoot black arrows, an ability the hunter class already has. Can you build multiple specs out of that? I don't think i can.
    As a secondary point, i don't see how they can tank or heal. I don't see a new class being just dps.

Finally, i expect them to not be relevant after we hopefully end Sylvanas at the end of this xpac. So, Tinker is a stronger possibility and more what the game needs.
    I mean, the game desperately needs a new ranged/healer... and if SWTOR can do Commando/mercenary for that role then blizzard can think something up I’m sure
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Would love to play either of those two classes! But I have to admit, it's the bard who steals my heart! ♥
    Ah, depends on the day. Bard has one fit for some content, and a Tinker another. It is all about the journey.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Did they ever 'set up the stage' for any previous new classes? Honest question. I can't remember, but maybe they did? As far as I can remember, new classes were first introduced in the expansion that offered them, not in the expansion before.
    Death Knights made up an entire wing of Nax in Classic. The Illidari featured heavily in Shadowmoon Valley in TBC. The monks...uh...

So yes, they've had these classes in the game before they were playable. They were always introduced as part of the villain, but given the factions are each other's villains now, it could make sense. However, all the other classes came through a neutral faction (the Ebon Blade, the Illidari, the pandaren) that easily fit into both Horde and Alliance. If this is the introduction, it would be the first time that they didn't come from the same source for each faction.

And if they can strip the demonology fantasy to make a new class (and one that doesn't even play like demonology used to), I'm sure they can strip the marksman fantasy to make a new class. I'd much rather see a dark ranger as a spec within a broader class (either something new or as a hunter spec).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think a Dark Ranger spec would make a hell of a lot more sense than a Dark Ranger class. First of all, at the Hunter Class Hall, Dark Rangers are present. Dark Rangers ARE Hunters, just a specific variety of them.

I could definitely see a Dark Ranger spec being a lot of fun.

They won't add any new classes anymore, we're already in balancing hell and every new class means exponentially more work. They can't even come up with 3 distinct ranged hunter specs so they had to make one melee, so there won't be a whole new hunter class with darker icons.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could see dark rangers becoming a spec for hunters to replace Marksmanship hunters.

I could also see them reworking the spec to become more focused on the magical side of the archer spec. No pets, shoot magic arrows and maybe throw in some curses/hexes or something. Sort of like a cross between hunters and affliction warlocks.

Then perhaps they could be healers if they somehow used some shadow/dark energy to drain the lives of their enemies and convert it into healing for their allies. Like dark totems that transfer energy from enemies to allies or things like that. Think shadow priests but as healers.

As others have said, a tinker class makes a little more sense. Having a tank (in the mech armor or whatever) or dps (maybe with a rocket launcher or something) or even healer (with healing gadgets) or all 3 (like paladins or druids or monks) would provide a lot of versatility.

But as others have said, adding more classes would complicate balance even further.

I do like the idea of Hero classes in the sense that the core classes would "evolve" into a superior spec that would then have it's own unique specs. Like Hunters evolve to Dark Rangers or Beast Masters (like that one famous Orc hunter or whoever he is, with the bear) and focus on either ranged damage/magic or physical damage/pets. But that would be similar to specializations we have nowadays, so I don't necessarily see that happening.

I doubt it very highly

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't going to implement another "dark nature" themed class.

Between warlocks, then death knights, and most recently demon hunters, it's time to lighten the choices up a bit. Tinkers would fit the bill.

Nah, it's just Blizzard butchering Night Elves, taking stuff from them then handling to Ian's waifu faction. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If a new class is going to be added, it definitely should be ranged and wear mail armour. So both DR and Tinker make sense to me.
    A new class in mid xpac? You are insane, dude

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You mean Marksmanship Hunter in dark transmog?

Wow, great class!
    Best comment in this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You mean Marksmanship Hunter in dark transmog?

Wow, great class!
    who knows, maybe we'll get ranged surv back as a new class.
    i hate blizzard.

Can't give new talents. New class with only 2 specs. They are to focused on damage control. We are to far off to have something new.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Death Knights made up an entire wing of Nax in Classic. The Illidari featured heavily in Shadowmoon Valley in TBC. The monks...uh...

So yes, they've had these classes in the game before they were playable. They were always introduced as part of the villain, but given the factions are each other's villains now, it could make sense. However, all the other classes came through a neutral faction (the Ebon Blade, the Illidari, the pandaren) that easily fit into both Horde and Alliance. If this is the introduction, it would be the first time that they didn't come from the same source for each faction.

And if they can strip the demonology fantasy to make a new class (and one that doesn't even play like demonology used to), I'm sure they can strip the marksman fantasy to make a new class. I'd much rather see a dark ranger as a spec within a broader class (either something new or as a hunter spec).
    So that would mean dark rangers two expansions after this, while they fit in right now? Unlikely.

Probably seeding for the next expansion, a class seems more likely than a spec. There's a bunch of things they could do with the class without them sharing many similarities with the Hunter.

Granted these are the same guys that seemed to be teasing San'layn for the Horde before just killing them off in a quest the Horde never sees, so who knows?

imagine the cheers if we get two elf-only classes in a row, while being denied others such as shadow hunter and tinker because "only XY race can be that" *grabs pop corn*

i think it's possible.

also, people are too smallminded about this. it's easy to separate them from hunters.

make them use necromantic shots and stuff, use banshee powers. that could be their silence, aoe silence banshee scream that deals damage if it interrupts someone.

i would prefer if they had no pets, or if they have to have some form of pet, have them temporarily summon skeltals like sylv.

it could be a cool class, and it'd fill the roll that everyone's been asking for in a new class, using mail armor. but i'd prefer tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    imagine the cheers if we get two elf-only classes in a row, while being denied others such as shadow hunter and tinker because "only XY race can be that" *grabs pop corn*
    they just have to add a race to alliance that could have shadow hunters. i wish they would, cause shadow hunter would be fucking sick.

Deleted
    New class is last thing this game needs.

Deleted
    They can't even balance the current classes, what makes you think something new will be introduced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    belves and nelves (aka both horde and alliance)
    Except for the unfortunate fact that the Nelves are forsaken and clearly Horde aligned (even though it makes no sense for them to be).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-10-10 at 06:02 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.