Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

why do people see it as a problem if u dont want to date ugly people?

they say u are shallow as if there is something wrong with wanting to date people who u think are physically attractive... how can they think it is wrong to want to be with someone who is physically attractive instead of someone who is repulsive to u?
    Last edited by Natta Lmo; 2018-10-11 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people who refuse to take care of themselves, but feel entitled to an attractive partner, are a fascinating bundle of double standards.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

They don't understand biology it would seem. Men will usually chase beauty and youth whereas women will usually chase status and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    they say u are shallow as if there is something wrong with wanting to date people who u think are physically attractive... how can they think it is wrong to want to be with someone who is physically attractive instead of someone who is repulsive to u?
    So they call you shallow? So what, that is what it is. Up to you to decide if that is a bad thing really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I think you are missing a very important distinction between "I don't find you physically attractive" and "you are ugly" first is stating a preference. second is passing a judgement on a person.

I don't find Channing Tatum to be physically attractive (yes I am attracted to men in general, so its not a matter of sexuality), but that doesn't mean he is ugly or I'm justified in calling him ugly. it just means he is not to my taste. meanwhile, here you are claiming that people you are not attracted to are basicaly ugly. THAT is a problem that others are having.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I think you are missing a very important distinction between "I don't find you physically attractive" and "you are ugly" first is stating a preference. second is passing a judgement on a person.

I don't find Channing Tatum to be physically attractive (yes I am attracted to men in general, so its not a matter of sexuality), but that doesn't mean he is ugly or I'm justified in calling him ugly. it just means he is not to my taste. meanwhile, here you are claiming that people you are not attracted to are basicaly ugly. THAT is a problem that others are having.
    lol... if they are not physically attractive they are ugly... ugly means not attractive...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because most of the people who don't want to date ugly people are ugly themselves and their friends are tired of them being the third wheel on date night.

lol... if they are not physically attractive they are ugly... ugly means not attractive...
    there is your problem. your taste? =/= universal truth.

and I repeat. YOU not being attracted to some =/= they are ugly. it just means they are not to your taste. you may just have an ugly personality though.

5+ Year Old Account
    there is your problem. your taste? =/= universal truth.

and I repeat. YOU not being attracted to some =/= they are ugly. it just means they are not to your taste. you may just have an ugly personality though.
    lol... i never say universal truth...

lol... i never say universal truth...
    that don't equate "I don't find someone attractive" to "they are ugly" becasue you are passing judgement with a second, as if you are the arbiter of what is ugly and what is not. your taste is your own and NO one else's

5+ Year Old Account
    that don't equate "I don't find someone attractive" to "they are ugly" becasue you are passing judgement with a second, as if you are the arbiter of what is ugly and what is not. your taste is your own and NO one else's
    lol... both mean the same thing...

Why do people ( something i made up and actually nobody is saying)

lol... both mean the same thing...
    no. they do not. and THAT is your problem. you ask why people have a problem with your statements? this is why.

5+ Year Old Account
    no. they do not. and THAT is your problem. you ask why people have a problem with your statements? this is why.
    yes they do...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Why do people ( something i made up and actually nobody is saying)
    lol... look at witchblade... does what i say in the title...

yes they do...

- - - Updated - - -

lol... look at witchblade... does what i say in the title...
    sigh. you also probably think simple and easy are the same thing, don't you. you, my dear need to both brush up on how not to be so breathtakingly self centered AND on your understanding of language.

and I don't have a problem with you wanting to date people you find attractive. I have a problem with you claiming that if you do not find them attractive, that this means they are ugly. and that you cannot see the difference.

5+ Year Old Account
    sigh. you also probably think simple and easy are the same thing, don't you. you, my dear need to both brush up on how not to be so breathtakingly self centered AND on your understanding of language.

and I don't have a problem with you wanting to date people you find attractive. I have a problem with you claiming that if you do not find them attractive, that this means they are ugly. and that you cannot see the difference.
    lol... if something is simple it is easy, if it easy it is simple... if u are not attractive u are ugly... these words means the same thing...

you are not proficient enough in english to be having this conversation

lol... if something is simple it is easy, if it easy it is simple... if u are not attractive u are ugly... these words means the same thing...
    knew it. poster above me is correct. you are not proficient enough in english to be having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Getting schooled in English by the "barely proficient" is always a laugh. That said most still speak better English than natives day-to-day
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...y/english/ugly

ugly adjective
    uk ​ /ˈʌɡ.li/ us ​ /ˈʌɡ.li/
    ugly adjective (NOT ATTRACTIVE)

B1 unpleasant to look at; not attractive:

lol...