The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Maybe if the devs had actually given something decent to show after 7 years and if people didn't display cultist like behaviour towards rabidly defending it like it's gonna be "out of this world/a genre changer" and other asinine crap then we wouldn't call them crazy.

After 7 years and consistent delays people have every right to be critical. There is no excuse for the fact the game has been delayed this often and the "scope" argument falls flat on it's face every time.

And no not everyone is like that in this thread.

You are free to support the game. Just know that what you are supporting has it's fair share of issues and right now that is where a good chunk of discussion will head until CiG get their heads out of their backsides and get some competency.
    Thank you for proving my point. Back to not posting in this thread for awhile again.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. Back to not posting in this thread for awhile again.
    Then don't. If you can't handle criticism then no offence a forum is not the place for you.

So that's what they've been spending people's money on, fees for superstars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha 3.3 PTU is now open to all backers!!!!!

Sneak Peak of the new DNA Character Customization UI:

Aegis Valkyrie flyover
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i highly suggest you watch the vertical slice for Squadron 42 from last year with the Chris Roberts (Boss), Sean Tracy (Tech Director) and David Haddock (Narrative Director) they speak to most, if not all, of your concerns and SQ42 is a single-player game so the story cannot be tacked on like it is for CoD seeing as CoD these days is just a small scale multiplayer shooter.

FOIP is turning out to be really great. i saw this live it was HILARIOUS!

https://clips.twitch.tv/HyperObeseClipsmomBibleThump
    Thanks for the link! I somehow missed this in my subscriptions feed. Looking great!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Was that for all of SQ42 then? Because I thought they mentioned something about releasing multiple story arcs.
    The game was slated to be released in chapters a long time ago, not sure if that is still their plan though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I see lots of people complaining about "They have X money". You cant just throw money at something and make it work.

That said, given the scope of the project... I'm not surprised. I'm also still excited. I recently got gifted a Mercury Star Runner for my birthday and I can't wait to run it. They've made expectations quite clear, I'm not sure why people are so bent out of shape. They've done an impressive job of setting roadmaps and what to expect.
    I'm still looking forward to the game, but the feature creep was ridiculous when they had so many stretch goals. I think it's important that at the very least, they get many of these features in though, because I would assume that trying to add them later to a completed project would take every bit as long to design and get working correctly as it does to make it part of the game from the outset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I just want to clarify this little bit. Does this mean you simply couldn't wait until you got home or whatever to enjoy it or, does it mean you can't do anything with it yet and can't wait to actually be able to?
    The Mercury Star Runner is still in design phase. Until it's complete (later this year), I'm provided with a somewhat similar ship (two actually) until then. Right now I've got a 4 seater MISC Freelancer as a loaner.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    The community keeps delivering insane stuff.

The Aldnoah.Zero parallels are striking indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    The community keeps delivering insane stuff.

The translation is shit tier tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    So that's what they've been spending people's money on, fees for superstars.
    Same thing I thought when I saw this new trailer.

success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    The translation is shit tier tho.
    I believe the Translation is based on Leeandlie's english cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    this was a very welcome surprise:

Henry Cavill

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Henry Cavill
    I'm sure he'll be playing the shit out of Squadron 42.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I'm sure he'll be playing the shit out of Squadron 42.
    yeah, he's actually a hardcore pc gamer so that would not surprise me at all.

Gladius at the Kudre Ore Outpost on Daymar by nikoaton:

Henry Cavill
    How is that a surprise? He's credited as actually being in SQ42 as "Ryan Enright". He's promoting the product he's in just like any actor.

yeah, he's actually a hardcore pc gamer so that would not surprise me at all.

Gladius at the Kudre Ore Outpost on Daymar by nikoaton:

First thing I thought with this post was "Luke!? Luke!?"
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    First thing I thought with this post was "Luke!? Luke!?"
    All I thought was... cool another JPEG.

Well yeah expecting any substantial news to come out for this game at this point is laughable, unfortunately.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Joke's on you, it's a PNG file.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Joke's on you, it's a PNG file.
    That's even worse though.....

This games screenshots have that more glossy/photo look which suits JPEG better.