Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lor'themar would probably be the best choice for Warchief, but I doubt the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls would accept him as one of their own.

He is easily the most reserved and best educated of all racial leaders and he is probably the one who could compromise inbetween negotiation with the Alliance and showing strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That title is for the Windrunner sister that isn't in love with a human.
    ?? Vereesa is in love with Rhonin albeit he is dead, Alleria is in love with Turalyon, and Sylvanas if she wasn't undead would be in love with Nathanos. She just doesn't have the ability to express those emotions. So who are you talking about? They are all human fetishists.

He's alright, I wish he had a lot more screentime and see him more involved with the cleansing of Quel'Thalas from the undead. As of now we just see him as a bystander whenever someone else is doing the talking, and Lor'Themar is just doing whatever Sylvanas commands without questioning. I much rather prefer Kael'thas as a character who is sadly not around anymore

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Seriously? Who are we comparing him to? Jitters from Duskwood?

Compare him to the other racial leaders for starters; Thrall, Garrosh, Sylvanas, Cairne, his predecessor (Kael'thas), Zul'jin and even Rexxar or Saurfang. Lor'themar's a vanilla elf ranger next to them.

Lor'themar is arguably only more interesting, and better written and developed than; Vol'jin, Baine, Gallywix, and Ji Firepaw, and that's not saying much because Gallywix is meant to be 2-dimensional comic cannon fodder and Ji Firepaw is from a race that will never get further lore due to neutrality, so in reality, Lor'themar is only as well written and developed as Vol'jin and Baine, two of the Horde's most boring characters ever.
    What are you even talking about. You think Rexxar, Zul'jin, Saurfang, Carine are all deeper than Lorthemar? I'm starting to think you think "Deep" means time they've been in the warcraft universe. Hell even Saurfang was a one dimensonal meme character that ending up walking servivor's guilt trope, super super deep.

lor'themar is easily the most boring out of every named blood elf, even the void elves and high elves. there's nothing to the guy. like literally nothing.

i get that blood elf fans wish their racial leader was cool but he ain't bros
    Comments like these are always good for a laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    No, it's not hypocritical because I'm not sitting in anyone's house. We are talking about fictional characters in a video game and I'm not responsible for Anduin's decisions in a make believe world written by Blizzard.
    So what Anduin does in a make believe world is not important enough for you to comment on, but what Theron does is? #hypocrite

I liked his short story In The Shadow Of The Sun (in fact I've quoted its final two paragraphs numerous times, because they resonate so well with me), but otherwise Lor'themar was stagnant up to 5.1 and 5.2. Those patches built him into the man we know him as, and now that he's finally getting a unique model I can imagine he's stepping into a prime spotlight. Kael always had more oomph behind him, but Lor'themar is a good case of slow build to grandeur.

And I have to say I love how he recognizes Sylvanas's sacrifice during Scourge's sacking of Quel'thalas (in 8.1). It's easy to lambast a character ordering apparently evil deeds (as well as they should), but a Thalassian elf should remember what's was there before it.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2018-10-13 at 10:45 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Lor'themar would probably be the best choice for Warchief, but I doubt the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls would accept him as one of their own.

He is easily the most reserved and best educated of all racial leaders and he is probably the one who could compromise inbetween negotiation with the Alliance and showing strength.
    as he has been written before, yes he very well could be that damn good.

but blizzard's ability to write? no, it wouldn't work out that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    So what Anduin does in a make believe world is not important enough for you to comment on, but what Theron does is? #hypocrite
    Feel free to open a thread about Anduin and we can discuss his failures there. #facepalm
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    as he has been written before, yes he very well could be that damn good.

but blizzard's ability to write? no, it wouldn't work out that well.
    Fair enough. It would help them tremendously if they'd pick writers who don't have their personal waifu, be it Sylvanas or Anduin or Thrall, or anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

I wish they made Lor'themar Warchief after the events of SoO. Then we'd have an expansion on another world never interacting with him, then he dies last expac and we never have to see him or an updated Silvermoon ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://i.imgur.com/FX4poT6.png

here's why. you got a waifu-loving cringelord as senior narrative designer, who used nathanos as his self insert to be with his waifu.

i thought this shit with sylvanas was golden's doing, but it's not. it's this disgusting mongrel's work.

lor'themar is pretty great, i just worry what'll happen to him if he ever actually gets any spotlight.
    I think I just threw up in my mouth -_-

And people had the nerve to accuse thrall of being a mary sue metzen insert.. *shiver*
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I'm so glad Lor'themar is finally getting some love and his own unique model.It's long overdue.

He had a rough start in WOW but he really grew as a character.What do you people think he will do in the future story ? When blizz updates a character they usually get some screen time, or is the update mostly for the belf armor scenario ?
    He's probably getting more spotlight in the future. I really liked the direction they took him in MoP, so I hope he gets the treatment he deserves.

Last time he interacted with a alliance leader was with Jaina on isle of thunder ? And they agreed on peace afaik
    They agreed to a ceasefire, not peace; Jaina even stated there couldn't be peace as so long as Garrosh was in charge (her whispering into Varian's ear evil advisor-style to dismantle the Horde at the end of SoO aside).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-10-14 at 04:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love that it is Gideon Emery that voices him as he already has experience voice acting elves in other franchises(Fenris in Dragon Age 2. The angriest elf.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    As I often said, I consider Lor'themar and Vol'jin the two Horde characters I appreciated the most in the modern WoW era, with Lor'themar having the bonus of getting a development that is not that shaky and all over the place. He's not a superhero, he's not meant to save the world or play an incredibly important role into anything but he does what he needs to do well and in a believable way. The fact that I say this despite generally despising elves to the guts is a testament of his good characterization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Comments like these are always good for a laugh.
    Everything @sillag writes is laughter-worthy. Maybe he's paid to entertain us that way, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Lor'themar is underused, not underrated. Whenever he's doing something he's generally well-received.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    No, it was with Alleria Windrunner, who wasn't only an ambassador of the High-King, but also represented a figure, a war hero, perhaps the most renowned ranger in the history of Silvermoon. And how was she treated by the bigot Theron? She was insulted in a most obscene and vulgar manner, treated like trash, and cut short in her words. She was also humiliated in front of new allies. Lastly, she was exiled because Theron, in his hubris, failed to set Alleria on the right path.
    Lor'themar "in his hubris" failed to set Alleria on the right path? Like what? The path of devoidification so that she wouldn't be a threat to Quel'Thalas? Also, in another thread you tried to argue Lor'themar was at fault for Alleria corrupting the Sunwell because he should have predicted that. So which one is it? Because right now your narrative is that Lor'themar is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Also, the most renowned rangers in history of Silvermoon are Thalassian Ranger Generals. Which Alleria is not. And she was cut short because instantly after returning to Azeroth, rather than rejoin her people, she went to suck up to a human king that was not even born yet when she left Azeroth and became his mouth piece. Even though that human king was an enemy of her people. In what world would that have been respected?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Lor'themar being one of, if not the most stable and believable leader out there could potentially also be why some people think of him as maybe not exciting enough. Personally, I like him precisely for the same reason I like Orgrim - they both managed to keep their head cool in a time of crisis and pull their people through a really crappy situation. As for Bfa, I'd be interesting if we knew what's his stance on the current Horde situation, even though him keeping his distance and silently obesrving the situation would make sense too.

Anyway, I am always for updating older models, especially faction leaders, so nice to see he got one too.
    Well, Orgrim did the monumentally stupid choice of sending a punitive force after Gul'dan before Lordaeron fell, so I wouldn't say he always kept his head cool.

And yes, his new model is swell. The best and most believable shoulder armor in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well then, Blizzard should shit or get off the pot with him. The whole "I don't want to be king..." shtick is getting old with Lor'themar, it's literally the only thing that defines him and it's rather sad.

good grief, Lor'themar is Aragorn but not cool.
    You do realize your "rightful king of Quel'Thalas" also didn't want to be king?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    That image is cherry picking things to make the guy seem as bad as possible. Look through his actual twitter, heaven forbid he tries to be funny ever.
    Yeah, there's a pretty good reddit post on the issue.

it's blatantly obvious that nathanos is his self insert.

look at 8.1, the fucker got mauled by genn in legion and now he's fighting toe-to-toe with NOT ONE, BUT TWO FUCKING DEMIGODS.
    And, pray tell, when in Legion did he get "mauled" by Genn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I love that it is Gideon Emery that voices him as he already has experience voice acting elves in other franchises(Fenris in Dragon Age 2. The angriest elf.)
    And Urianger in FFXIV, the librarian elf.

Lorthemar is alright. He has a cool eyepatch.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have always liked Lor'th. Basically vote for him anytime there is ever a "who should the horde warchief be" thread. He's one of the few believable/well written characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am seriously just waiting for them to announce him as the true leader.

I mean, are we REALLY going to expect some Sunstrider royalty to appear?
    I don't think the belves expect a Sunstrider to appear. They are gone. But seeing how the last Sunstrider tried to get his people to turn over to the Legion, I think the belves should be rather wary of kings now. So even if Lor'themar is the voice of belves and has their support, I think he would also be the first to say he doesn't want to be the king. Even if being regent means he does perform the duties of a king, he doesn't have absolute power and if he started going against the best interests of the belves, they could skip the loyalty, honor and blood rights drama and depose him. It's a good system and there's no reason the belves should abandon it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    No, it was with Alleria Windrunner, who wasn't only an ambassador of the High-King, but also represented a figure, a war hero, perhaps the most renowned ranger in the history of Silvermoon. And how was she treated by the bigot Theron? She was insulted in a most obscene and vulgar manner, treated like trash, and cut short in her words. She was also humiliated in front of new allies. Lastly, she was exiled because Theron, in his hubris, failed to set Alleria on the right path.
    Who cares what she thinks. Him being sassy to her was far more polite than she deserved, not to mention that she was allowed to leave after her void taint nearly destroyed the Sunwell, as opposed to just having been put down. There is no "right path" open to her because she had no interest in learning anything. She got her zealot baby sister's version and that sufficed for all questions apparently. Which is comical in its own right because apparently Ms. treats with the MFing void for power apparently just gets right on Vereesa's "how dare you siphon mana from living things!" bandwagon. Honestly, Alleria wouldn't even have credibility to lecture Kael'thas himself about the ethics and manipulation of power, let alone Theron who has led their people through and since deposing him. Blizz roont the character, sorry.

Lor'themar may not *want* to be king but he should probably seriously consider it a question of duty to assume it anyway. I don't think the Sin'dorei as written are the kind of people who went the lengths they did to guarantee not only their survival but the survival of their culture and way of life to just settle on a change of political system at the top. I mean, Lor'themar isn't immortal even sitting on a couch, let alone as a fighting leader which he frequently is. It's his responsibility to assure what is next for Quel'thalas after himself. "Regent Lord" isn't a title premised on any intrinsic authority, it's a proxy for a returning ruler, that's why in the LOTR example you justify passing power from one steward to the next, because the promise of return passes with the title, there is someone that power is held in trust for. There are no more Sunstriders. Nobody is coming. There is no basis by which Lor'themar can name someone else Regent Lord to succeed him when the only reason being Regent Lord means anything is that he is holding power in trust for someone. Time to recognize that the power has vested in him and with it, the actual title, the one that he could pass on if he wants to, the monarchic title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, Orgrim did the monumentally stupid choice of sending a punitive force after Gul'dan before Lordaeron fell, so I wouldn't say he always kept his head cool.

And yes, his new model is swell. The best and most believable shoulder armor in the game.
    That's true yeah. Initially when I wrote that I was only thinking of how he managed to pick the Horde up and successfully lead it after Blackhand's death. I forgot if Chronicle 2 changed anything about the whole event, but was it ever mentioned if he'd win the war if he didn't send soldiers after Gul'dan?
    I always figured that forces Gul'dan took with him was already too much, so the army he sent after him didn't make that much of a difference in the end. I admit I might be misremembering though.