Page 1 of 49
... LastLast
    Deleted

Asmongold, voice of many, shares his thoughts on current state of WoW

What do you think? Some great points he brings up.

Deleted
    I think it is time for us to unsub for while till game philosophy changes. I am totaly with asmongold. When i finished rep grind on my warrior i didnt feel acomplishment. I felt reliaf. That moment i know this game is no longer for me.

Asmongold, voice of many
    Omegalul.

Real talk though, he's mostly right. The current crop of devs and cms is in a pretty vicious state of communication with the players. I think it's time to make a good faith effort to meet the players halfway by sacking the CM and executive team to signify a new game direction.

pvp (arena*) is the best thing about this xpac

nothing more needs to be said
    Last edited by Siuo; 2018-10-14 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

What do you think? Some great points he brings up.
    Mate, you gotta put in some effort.

See it like this, your topic should be able to be driving a discussion without people having to look at a video to find out what the hell you wish to start on.

As well, I'd rather hear it from another user than Asmon.

I'll take time to look at this.... thing.... when able to unless you wish to put in some actual content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I can't watch his videos.. he almost exclusively whines about everything.. he's complaining about the removal of "grinding for an item" which the overwhelming majority of the player base is glad is gone.

You can't site Reddit as any source of player discontent because it's just an echo chamber for complaining, there is almost NEVER anything positive posted there.

I'm not a fan of Asmongold, I find him smarmy and his followers far too intense.

But I watched this video and I agree with him.

It's hard to summarize what he says without saying "BFA is bad" when in fact he's not talking about that, specifically; it's the entire direction of the game, toward a slot machine philosophy to artificially lengthen the subscription times of players. And he's not wrong.

I think Blizzard is in a lot of trouble going forward because I guarantee we're gonna hear warning signs in a year or so that sub rates have fallen again to the lowest point it's been since launch... we'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I think Blizzard is in a lot of trouble going forward because I guarantee we're gonna hear warning signs in a year or so that sub rates have fallen again to the lowest point it's been since launch... we'll see.
    Why would they care for subs tho when whales deliver the RoI needed.

Deleted
    Not watching anything that asshat has to say.

Think most of the posts on MMO-C are from people who "follow" this self important gimp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuo View Post
    pvp (arena*) is the best thing about this xpac

nothing more needs to be said
    And even that is dogshit if you don't play one of the melee mongoloid classes.

Deleted
    Even though it hurts me to say - I kinda agree with him.

I REALLY want something to work towards - other than RNG drops.

How is this even a thread?

Stop making random threads with a random youtube video from a random person.

Are there no mods?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Not watching anything that asshat has to say.

Think most of the posts on MMO-C are from people who "follow" this self important gimp.
    Yeah, I just watched a part of it and he's still a raging fucking dipshit that cares (which isn't really a bad thing, I just hate his constant snap blame he does on shit) too much about a game. Unsub and go do some other shit for a bit, it sends a bigger message.

I unsubbed and hopefully news and interviews during and after Blizzcon reveals some promising news for later patches to the game.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Asmongold can be an ass but his real talks about the game are pretty accurate and I don't disagree with a single word he said.

Deleted
    Yet he just babbles on and on about the same thing, he really souds like one of those shit sites that say something for pages on end, but in context should hav been a single page.

And yes i do agree i hate the slot machine that's in place. I hate timed content. I'd rather grind myself insane to complett gated stuff, rather then log off and wait. I'd rather try my best to do the hardest content, then just do anything and win the lottery.

I do like most of the story, but other times it just feels wrong. Like i just stepped into a new universe with a new set of rules.

Plus i hate that he's not kinda playing but just having something rolling in the backgroud? Like just log on and do something instead of just hav that drabble on while not really playing.
    Last edited by mmocc1a1fece26; 2018-10-14 at 07:40 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never liked him but he has some good points. Game's shit. Lot of repeating throughout the video. Everything could be said in less then 10mins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    I can't watch his videos.. he almost exclusively whines about everything.. he's complaining about the removal of "grinding for an item" which the overwhelming majority of the player base is glad is gone.

You can't site Reddit as any source of player discontent because it's just an echo chamber for complaining, there is almost NEVER anything positive posted there.
    During MoP and Legion there were a ton of healthy posts, guess why there aren't that much around anymore. Surely not because BfA is such a huge success, right? Perhaps someone as shortsighted as you should try to make the connection between "a lot of people are unhappy about this addon so there a lot of unhealthy posts".

I just dont understand the argument "I dont like random drops. I want to buy an upgrade at the end of the week from a vendor" "classic loot was so much better you needed 10 weeks to farm your chest"

I havent watched the complete video, maybe he explains more about it. He definetly needs a script or cut his videos to make them watchable for non fans. Maybe he has some solid points, but what hasn't been said at this point?^^

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think "many" should try forming their own opinion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I'm not a fan of Asmongold, I find him smarmy and his followers far too intense.

But I watched this video and I agree with him.

It's hard to summarize what he says without saying "BFA is bad" when in fact he's not talking about that, specifically; it's the entire direction of the game, toward a slot machine philosophy to artificially lengthen the subscription times of players. And he's not wrong.

Sounds like he's saying what the "whiners" have said for a long time already. But now its acceptable critique since its from a internet celeb.