Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why have mmo-champion been getting more and more threads on this twitch streamer? We never had this problem a year ago.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

He is talking about that the only way Blizzard will listen to the audience is if you unsubscribe. Which is true. But why isn’t he unsubscribing? I know why. Because he is one of the biggest wow streamers on Twitch and he will loose most of his audience if he unsubscribes which makes his opinions rather pointless because he will never quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    I think it is time for us to unsub for while till game philosophy changes. I am totaly with asmongold. When i finished rep grind on my warrior i didnt feel acomplishment. I felt reliaf. That moment i know this game is no longer for me.
    not sure what game you've been playing but rep grinding has been around in WoW for quite some time. The way most people complain I don't think many ever played in BC when true content gating existed.

The irony is everyone who complained about legion are the same ones talking about how great it was now that we're in BfA. The only thing I'll agree with him on is that blizzard addresses the symptom but not the cause.

Deleted
    Hes 100% right. Alot Timmies here getting buthurt.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why have mmo-champion been getting more and more threads on this twitch streamer? We never had this problem a year ago.
    I first noticed it back in the early Alpha with everyone posting and parroting "Well Taliesin & Evital said ___." Then it became Asmongold, and Bellular, so on down the line.

Interesting, it's always whoever is the most overtly negative and hardline pessimistic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I first noticed it back in the early Alpha with everyone posting and parroting "Well Taliesin & Evital said ___." Then it became Asmongold, and Bellular, so on down the line.

Interesting, it's always whoever is the most overtly negative and hardline pessimistic.
    "negative"
    "Taliesin & Evital"
    Lol they are never negative ever.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    not sure what game you've been playing but rep grinding has been around in WoW for quite some time. The way most people complain I don't think many ever played in BC when true content gating existed.

The irony is everyone who complained about legion are the same ones talking about how great it was now that we're in BfA. The only thing I'll agree with him on is that blizzard addresses the symptom but not the cause.
    Did you even read? In BfA he felt reliefed when he was done with the grind. I for one feel so too while in BC i felt acomplishment after i got my keys for Heroic Dungeons

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but Asmongold is another guy that thinks his playstyle is more important. I can't treat seriously people that think reducing raids to one difficulty would be good for the game. At least Preach try to look from another perspective from time to time.

For people that hate whole direction of WoW (not just current screws ups, bug and temporary stuff like Azerite):

1) Do you seriously believe that so time consuming game with long term goals as WoW 1.1-2.4 would have any chance to survive right now?

2) If direction of game is so bad, how you would explain ~3.3M boxes every two years since 2010 (with exception of MoP). You know, fool me once and this kind a stuff, but fool me 5 times? ;D

3) If "old formula" is so much better and more fun, where are games designed by this formula? If WoW no longer is like this, there should be ton of people starving for this type of game on market.

You just need easy recognizable world (Star Wars, LoTR, Elder Scrolls, etc.) and listen to Asmongold. Easy money. Where are these games (and why don't you play them by the way)?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    He is talking about that the only way Blizzard will listen to the audience is if you unsubscribe. Which is true. But why isn’t he unsubscribing? I know why. Because he is one of the biggest wow streamers on Twitch and he will loose most of his audience if he unsubscribes which makes his opinions rather pointless because he will never quit the game.
    Nah, at this point he could play whatever like this Soda guy and get same views.

I don't think it's even addiction, from what I've seen dude just can't find himself in world outside WoW. You know, like prisoner that is released after 20 years and after month do any crime to get back there (of course I may be wrong, I don't know him personally, it's just my impression).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-10-14 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    this would give normal gamers who raid heroic a feeling of completion and achievement stopping them from having the feeling like they are not good enough and still give mythic raiders far higher ilvls
    But if they can't kill early mythic bosses with heroic gear then they aren't good enough. How is this a debate. What you propose would mean mythic being nerf'd dramatically so these players who aren't good enough can kill it, which means it isn't mythic. They already have a difficult that they can do which aligns with your suggestion. It's called heroic.

Deleted
    I'm not a total fan of Asmon but we need as much people shouting about these things as possible so the chance that Blizzard will realize they can't get away with what they're doing is as high as possible. Enjoyable video.

Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    Did you even read? In BfA he felt reliefed when he was done with the grind. I for one feel so too while in BC i felt acomplishment after i got my keys for Heroic Dungeons
    In all fairness that sounds more like you are burned out and played the game for too long. I did the BC grind for keys and attunements as well and it felt great. But if I had to do the same grind in BFA it would feel like a chore just to get into heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    "negative"
    "Taliesin & Evital"
    Indeed. They are so amazed of what Blizz is doing, I can’t listen to that. Not to mention those lame, failed attempts with acting. When Bellular stopped to be ohsofknpositive about WoW I started to enjoy him. When Preach got demonetised on YT and stopped caring about language I started to enjoy him too.

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    I'm not a total fan of Asmon but we need as much people shouting about these things as possible so the chance that Blizzard will realize they can't get away with what they're doing is as high as possible. Enjoyable video.
    People can shout all they want. Unless Blizzard is taking a financial hit noting will change.

Deleted
    In all fairness that sounds more like you are burned out and played the game for too long. I did the BC grind for keys and attunements as well and it felt great. But if I had to do the same grind in BFA it would feel like a chore just to get into heroics.
    Because the whole game changed for the worse. How you play it day by day changed for the worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    "negative"
    "Taliesin & Evital"
    They went negative like everyone else around the start of the Alpha. When everyone was complaining that Kul'tiras was short, the storylines were terrible, and the Alliance was the red-haired stepchild to the Horde.

Man that feels like forever ago now.

Turns out when you try and make an entire career out of playing a video game 14 hours a day... there's probably going to be some issues. BfA's first raid is pretty stellar, the dungeons are alright, mythic+ is fun, and loot is fine - I'd rather make a choice between a handful of OK items than do 34 Scholo runs trying to get a helm to drop.

The biggest peeve I have with Asmongoloid is that he refers to every item that isn't titanforged with a socket as "trash"... the game isn't tuned around that though - Plenty of people clearing heroic and mythic with standard loot and a couple war/titanforged items. A warforged piece dropping is about as common as an actual piece dropping in the past before the system was introduced... I remember spending months just farming standard gear upgrades in Classic - Wrath. Now you can gear up quickly, and over time of accomplishing your goals gain some boosts and perks via the system. I much prefer raiding being 80% a skill / strategy check, and 20% a gear check, instead of the 80% gear, 20% skill it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I just dont understand the argument "I dont like random drops. I want to buy an upgrade at the end of the week from a vendor" "classic loot was so much better you needed 10 weeks to farm your chest"

I havent watched the complete video, maybe he explains more about it. He definetly needs a script or cut his videos to make them watchable for non fans. Maybe he has some solid points, but what hasn't been said at this point?^^
    I think one of the things vanilla had going for it over mythic dungeons for loot farming, you could target a specific boss for its loot table and farm that specifically. You could for example have BRD arena runs for the chest/etc, lava runs for last boss, Strat quarter runs, Dire Maul speed clears, LBRS/UBRS farm groups and such, it was enjoyable if you had capable friends to play with or were part of a good group. At the same time some people have very poor experience from it.

It's similar to the problem with legendaries - if you got your best ones then it probably wasn't bad, but the inability to target a specific piece of dungeon loot and then have it able to proc socket/wf/tf is variable stacked on variable - does it drop, does it proc a, proc b, proc c, proc d etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Because the whole game changed for the worse. How you play it day by day changed for the worse.
    In TBC I logged in for three reasons. Raid, farm mats and to farm netherwing rep. I can’t really say it was good back then either.

Deleted
    Of course i am burned out from rep grind if it is 100% needed wheereas in BC everyone was a lot more relaxed and you had no pressure. Even now where i steped back from progress i had the need to grind it simply bc itemlevel and not bc i wanted to. Doing WQ (which are getting boring really fast) every day just to grind the shit out of it is tiresome, not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Mmmmmm, opinion.

WoW may not be as fun to me day-to-day as FF14, but I'll still sub every now and again and enjoy myself with World Quests and just the high-quality zones Blizz has made.

May not be the same way I played in High School (which was basically nightly) but it's still a fun game in spurts. And it saves me some money.