... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status...12677578838016

PogU

RIP for the person getting fired tho

Is this also a breach of EU GDPR law?

Literally in your very post.
    also i find it funny you are celebrating someone potentially losing their livelihood, their job, and their stability.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I have no faith in anything blizzard says being the truth.
    Well, they can't lie to their investors.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's....not actually how token sales work in WoW. You are not buying a token directly from another player. The buying and selling of tokens is separated. The number of purchases/sales effects the prices, but it's not a 1:1 ratio. The price of tokens fluctuates based on an algorithm that tracks traffic, and adjusts the price accordingly. It's kind of shady, since the price are not set by players, nor do we have any insight into the black box that controls the prices.

This was explained at one point by a blue post. I can look it up and post if you really want.
    None of that changes that a sub through token is more money for Blizzard then a strait up sub.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillboy View Post
    So you expect the API to possibly provide wrong data? You know, those is data directly from the database. Little room for mistake here.
    We're taking someone else's word for it. Even in the linked discussion weak auras points out that it could be wrong numbers or just made up. Unless several dozen people known to be trust worthy report that they saw it for themselves then it is far too soon to take it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's....not actually how token sales work in WoW. You are not buying a token directly from another player. The buying and selling of tokens is separated. The number of purchases/sales effects the prices, but it's not a 1:1 ratio. The price of tokens fluctuates based on an algorithm that tracks traffic, and adjusts the price accordingly. It's kind of shady, since the price are not set by players, nor do we have any insight into the black box that controls the prices.

This was explained at one point by a blue post. I can look it up and post if you really want.
    What he said is actually completely true. He never mentioned in-game price, a WoW token nets Blizzard $5 (if the cost is $20 of a token and $15 for a monthly sub) profit over a regular game time purchase/sub. The real money cost doesn't change, only the in-game numbers fluctuate and those are completely irrelevant in this case.

>Some people though the 180 days mount wasnt a desperate move

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Literally impossible, because BFA's launch sales were 3.4 mil just on one day, so for the subscriptions at launch to be 3.2mil 200k people who bought the game would have to be sub-less and that's without preorders and so on.

That 3.4 is including preorders lol that's why it was that high.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You're sure? You know this as fact? Or you're pretty sure? Honestly I don't know what the facts are. I find it hard to believe Bfa sold more copies than the previous expansions. Wow is more popular than ever? I highly doubt it.
    I dont care how unlikely you think it is.
    Lying to investors is a crime so the choice is between your belief vs Blizzards desire to be sued for securities fraud.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Gold is still subscription, but it could be just Americans.
    I doubt it, a subscription automatically renews itself. In addition to that, they also have game time through tokens and game time through the shop (http://eu.battle.net/shop/product/wo...raft-game-time) which do not automatically renew themselves, so from a technical point of view, they should not count as subscriptions imho.

Although I'm sure somebody else already mentioned the same thing, surely.

I might just uninstall WAs for this shit. Why would they do this? Just to stir up shit?

Seems it's official now
    after 14 years we finally found the WoW killer: Ion Hazzikostas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, they can't lie to their investors.
    Nobody said they did. They can lie to the press though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    What he said is actually completely true. He never mentioned in-game price, a WoW token nets Blizzard $5 (if the cost is $20 of a token and $15 for a monthly sub) profit over a regular game time purchase/sub. The real money cost doesn't change, only the in-game numbers fluctuate and those are completely irrelevant in this case.
    And how is this relevant to sub numbers and overall health of the game? Do you own shares in Blizzard? We are palyeres we dont care how much money they earn. Only thing we acre about is how heatlhy game is which is shown by numbers of players playing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaman767 View Post
    Uh no, it’s the player’s fault. Blizzard told you a looooooong time ago that it was starting to lean towards casuals. What, did you just forget that?

I’m enjoying this game because I’m not burnt out on it. I still enjoy logging in and I still have things to do. The problem is that players want instant rewards and an easy game, but then complain when they get exactly that.

You wanted flying. You got flying. You broke the world and a fundamental aspect of the RPG experience, BUT HEY, now you can get from A to B faster.

You wanted to ruin the magic and mystique from raiding so you cried that raiding was too hard. Then you got raid finder.

I could go on, but I won’t.

Blizzard listened to it’s retard player base too much and this is the result. An MMO lobby that spits out purples.
    Except we don't have flying. We have mobs every 2 inches that daze you and knock you off your mount is it any wonder that few people like to explore anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    None of that changes that a sub through token is more money for Blizzard then a strait up sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post

When a player pays gold for a sub, Blizzard doesn't actually get any money.

A person paying for a month with a gold token does not automatically mean someone put $20 towards a token at a 1:1 ratio.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-10-15 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    I doubt it, a subscription automatically renews itself. In addition to that, they also have game time through tokens and game time through the shop (http://eu.battle.net/shop/product/wo...raft-game-time) which do not automatically renew themselves, so from a technical point of view, they should not count as subscriptions imho.

Although I'm sure somebody else already mentioned the same thing, surely.
    Yeah. I stand corrected. I just hadn't given it much thought.

There is other MMOs that would sell both of there testicles for even 1.5m subs a month.

This shit always fluctuates especially when people have done all the content in a patch or at the start of a xpac.

BUT i can understand why people are dropping off and its the simple fact this game is going into its 14th year!! I swear most of my relationship barely go into its 14 month let alone 14 years!!

This game will gradually wind itself down and though the reports of its death are greatly exaggerated you must expect this kinda down turn especially between patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Except we don't have flying. We have mobs every 2 inches that daze you and knock you off your mount is it any wonder that few people like to explore anymore?
    haha omg true. So annoying. I mean obviously there should be mobs, but the zones as they are today are just ridiculous. What happend to open spaces

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yeah see I do this thing called “going around mobs” or I just kill them. It takes about 5 seconds. If you don’t like fighting mobs or planning your route, quit.

This is an RPG, not “win button simulator”

This is why players are shit. They are lazy and think that they should press a button to complete a quest.

I mean fucking Arathi Basin is pointless because you just fly over it all.

Jeeze. I mean, I can't say I'm exactly surprised, but if that data's right then WoW is suffering more than I expected.

Whatever "B team" is making these WoD and BfA expansions seems to be botching it hard. I'm not personally interested in WoW's expansion rollercoaster ride, so I'll probably be sitting out every other expansion from now on.