Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    There have been summaries throughout the thread. It's mostly about gear being a total lottery, without any real sense of progression - no valor points/other currencies for tangible result that don't rely purely on luck. You can't really feel satisfaction from getting "item X" when it could have been Titanforged, socketed and with tertiary, but instead rolled the basic version. Makes most items not feel very memorable. (unless it's completely overpowered shit like Arcanocrystal, though that's my comment, not his)

Then there's the developers ignoring all feedback and claiming that players that are wrong. "Levelling" to 120 feeling more like devolving back to 100, because you get nothing new in the meantime, lose legendaries and artifacts. Azerite grind meaning you have to keep re-earning the exact same shit you already had, but lost because your new item has a slightly higher ilvl. Said Azerite gear being hard to obtain, even after their recent hotfix. The necklace being useless on its' own. Holding back various QoL updates for no reason - like account wide honor - only to implement it much later, probably because they don't want to admit they're wrong or because it inflates some metrics. Master loot change. Shamans.

There's really a lot, plenty of which can be considered very subjective. Still, he says what a lot of people are thinking, even those who normally don't watch/dislike the guy (I'm the former). If you get past the usual "I totally don't care about the guy, which is why I'll proceed to insult him/he's just doing it for the views", there's a lot of people going "can't stand him, but he is right".
    Thanks for the summary. I still would've preferred a transcript, though. I just have an issue with these low effort 'here's a video, watch it' threads that pop up on a too frequent basis.

"It feels like BFA was made from a spreadsheet and not out of love for the game"

Blizzard is creating a game based off of what users spend the most time doing and associate that with what is fun. Problem is they put those systems in place that players feel forced to do so of course everyone is doing them. Blizzard is completely disconnected from the game experience and more focused on numbers now.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    There is no humour in what he produce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    And I'm not even made at him.
    I'm gonna be honest mate, I'm assuming English isn't your first language? It seems the heavy sarcasm/irony used in his videos is getting lost in translation.

Deleted
    From MMORPG to RoIRnG. Mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    You're getting way too worked up about specifics, geez. In older expansions of WoW, rerolling was a monstrous task. I enjoy being able to reroll with more ease. Simple as that.

In Vanilla PvP, Asmongold remembers fondly the grind to Grand Marshal which required playing more than 10h a day for weeks to get armour and a title you could use t brag in Ironforge with.
    In Vanilla PvE, Asmongold remembers fondly the grind to get full tiers from the raids, this took months because of raid size and drop rate, in order to get armour you could use to brag in Ironforge with.

This is what Asmongold feels is missing from the game, I don't value this. I value difficult raid content and any QoL change that simplifies the steps needed for me to get characters into Mythic raids are good changes for me.

I'm not gonna bother with making an excel sheet for you that perfectly displays when I can play and how long because frankly it's irrelevant to the discussion, but if you want to score points pointing out flaws in the details of a topic regarding broad philosphy, go ahead if it makes you happy.

Basically everything you said is wrong and not his opinion, please watch the video before you spew out falsehood or just make up what you think he might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    I can't watch his videos.. he almost exclusively whines about everything.. he's complaining about the removal of "grinding for an item" which the overwhelming majority of the player base is glad is gone.

You can't site Reddit as any source of player discontent because it's just an echo chamber for complaining, there is almost NEVER anything positive posted there.
    Right... now they can play WorldofSlotMachines to see if they get something useful... so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    His opinion means nothing to me. All that matters is my opinion and I enjoy the heck out of this game.
    Bad companies love mindless guppies like you.

Edit: Ignore me, the threads are loading now, but specifically getting 500 on those threads and not others.
    Last edited by Mazinger-Z; 2018-10-15 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I agree with some parts, but he also tries to TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD CONSIDER FUN? Fuck him for that.
    I know right. When Blizzard tries to do that, people become outraged.
    When a Twitch streamer does it, people agree with them wholeheartedly.

Gotta love peoples asinine double standards.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I think the major point that he touched on was Blizz holding back QoL updates. They must have known that making Champions of Azeroth account-wide down the road would be done - why do they not do it at launch? To some degree, certain QoL stuff (Like the azerite neck increases every week) make sense, but others just seem like they're arbitrarily pushing things back that they know they're going to do.
    It's the same as other game developers - implement a shitty idea and then fix it, while pretending that they were so good at listening to the feedback/caring about their customers. The fact that they could (and should) have make it work better from the very beginning is conveniently ignored. They win either way - if it turns out it wasn't all that bad, they put in less effort and didn't raise the expectations too high, so they can be lazy in the future as well. If it was bad, they probably already knew that, but pretended they were doing it for the customers.

Or maybe it's some developer's wounded pride. After all, we had shit like Lightwell and Chakra being borderline useless for several expansions - until they finally got fixed and then promptly removed. They'll keep insisting it's all fine until the players get too pissed and the excuse stop working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Well he does touch most of the reasons I can barely play more than 1-2 hours per week, there's no goals, there's no growth, everything is calculated, fair and straightforward. The only reason to get better gear is to see the same damn content at a higher difficulty mode. I don't care. I can pretty much see the entire game once I have the ilvl required for LFR. No, that won't give me the "true experience" but once I could stay motivated for days and days, even weeks, to build up my gear, polish my enchants and gems and for my efforts I was able to see additional content that I previously simply couldn't do become unlocked and ready for me to explore and conquer.

There's fucking NONE of that left in the game. Hit maxlevel, do braindead easy content until your ilvl hits some arbitrary level, and go into queued content where it's designed to be braindead easy because there's Mythic+84327482 dungeons (which are fighting timers, not bosses) and Mythic raids. No, start giving me real damn incentives to want to improve and progress. Start excluding me from content until I get off my arse and do the prerequisites and get the damn gear I need to be able to not get my ass handed to me by the trash. All that's left is a soulless, everyone-should-win-by-participating theme park. Game died in MoP. MoP was far from perfect but it sure was a shining example of MMORPG game design compared to this ARPG bullshit.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-10-15 at 04:14 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I just read the tl;dr someone posted, but seems he's still trying to push the same old "I'm an elite raider with lotsa viewers so hear me you plebs" -bullshit. He's annoying and impossible to watch without being either drunk or high.

I'll give that SOME of his criticism is on point, but most are swing and miss and only relevant if you prefer the same kind of experience he himself seems to think is the "only real way to play" or whatever.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I know right. When Blizzard tries to do that, people become outraged.
    When a Twitch streamer does it, people agree with them wholeheartedly.

Gotta love peoples asinine double standards.
    It's like he doesn't understand that FUN is SUBJECTIVE and not objective. When it come to systems like azerite gear aquisition he's right. But when he starts talking about which feature is fun or not... Makes him look like a twat.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    there's Mythic+84327482 dungeons (which are fighting timers, not bosses)
    Fucking this... Fuck the timers.

If I dump my fucking evening into clearing a +5, gimme a key for +6 and an upgrade. I used to spend an entire evening trying to do Stratholme and even if I didn't get an upgrade, I got lower level drops that could be turned into gold. Crafting materials, cloth, Essence of Undeath. God, they got rid of the Elemental Drops after WoD, I just realized.

I didn't give a crap back when I was doing Heroics in TBC if it took 2 hours to clear Shattered Halls, it felt good doing it.

Since everything boils down to ilvl now though, people just try to rush content as soon as they can so they can move onto their next attempt to pull the slot machine lever on the Loot Machine.

Most important take away is that current WoW turns its back on MMORPG players.

Since it's all pretty much been said:

1) Asmon looks and sounds like Jim Henson.
    2) That footage of a Prot Paladin aggroing and AoEing mobs to hit a quota was soul-crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    1) Asmon looks and sounds like Jim Henson.
    Don't sully the great Jim Henson's name by comparing him to that whiny leeching dipshit.

Deleted
    Oh really now itemlvl etc is at fault ? who know, the thing i hate and f up gearing!

Know why? it didnt matter before.

NOW you 4 for tiers each raid with the same itmes and diffrent scaled up itemlvl , THAT is not sustanible. Its not rewarding at all!
    Dont give a fuck about the mythic 385 , why should i ?

Now, diffrent items for diffrent typs of harder content , than yes.... lfr no times, normal basic things 1 wap for each thing ( in hc you gate more 1h wap , more 2h wap to chose from etc ), heroic hase everything and mythic gives some cool addon like an effect cape etc to destinguis players . Now , that from top of my Head .

It can be better for sure , i came up on it on the spot, still better than this now
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-10-15 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Don't sully the great Jim Henson's name by comparing him to that whiny leeching dipshit.
    A few too many F-bombs, but hey, he's got that beard and he's got that drawl!

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Yes? Where?
    On Stream. Duh?
    His mother is pretty ill as well. You want a sworn testimony or smth?
    lol