Thread: 8.1 ptr vulpera

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Foxes are nice and stuff but if they will be done on goblin skeleton with goblin animation - they will be still ugly like hell...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    While i agree that the Vulpera make more sense going to the Horde (Alliance has literally zero questing for them, while the Horde has them as rep-faction), i still maintain that the Nightborne thing was pretty even (The mean ol' things Tyrande said were to the player only), right until the 15-minute questline where they went "You know what? We'll get our conquest on with the Horde!" because Liadrin proved the more proficient (And eager) ass-kisser.

I just hope the Alliance gets a decent race as well, handing us G-800 cyborg gnomes would be so lame, but hints are pointing that way...

It was not even. Alliance players were ther just so you guys can open NH Blood Elves were having a much better relation with Nightbornes than the Night Elves. There were even jokes made about NE using bows, and how undeveloped they are. Also Tyrande just refused the Nightborne's offer of to joining the Night Elves.

Horde High Elves > Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Honestly wonder what the context is behind this, it's not like the Alliance has any reason to be aggressive towards them... Would love to see how Blizzard justifies the Alliance being hostile to the Vulpera.
    The Alliance decided to bust the Zandalari exiles in Vol'dun instead of trying to use them as allies, threatening vulpera wouldn't be surprising, since they cooperate with said exiles.

Can someone honestly explain to me what the fun of being a tiny furry fox in a game like world of Warcraft is? Why would anyone ever want to be that when there's much cooler races. If you are a furry for some reason why not a cooler race like Worgen? Tauren I never considered a furry race but their much cooler than a tiny fox that uses the skeleton of a goblin.

Also to me they don't seem like a horde race. Horde should have more savage looking races. A cute cuddly fox is not what I picture the Horde looking like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    This pretty much confirms they're not Alliance. Hell yeah, I'm all for them.

On an unrelated note when Vulpera become an allied race for the Horde I'm going to develop a vested interest in PvP again.
    I guess the Horde needed the equivalent of Gnomes to punt around.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Horde in 2019:
    5% orc
    2.5% troll
    2.5% tauren
    5% undead
    40% blood elf
    15% Nightborne
    2.5% mag'har
    20% vulpera
    7.5% zandalari
    Not my Horde! SMOrc

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm ok with them. there's already furries in the game, doesn't hurt to add more.
    There are are races that are covered with fur, not actual "furries".

It's a diametrical difference when the final model follows this concept

..or this

Sure, you get a lot of shitty furry fan art for worgen or tauren, but that is just "artist's depiction", ingame, the models are nothing like that. Meanwhile, vulperas are straight up furry bait.

Deleted
    I just hope the Alliance gets something good. Though odds are Alliance will get mechagnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    I wonder what race will join the alliance as to counter the vulpera. I would assume a race introduced with BfA, would make sense that new races come from there. But the only races left are the thin humans (dunno if those are included with kul tirans) and the sethrax, with whom the horde have more relations.

Unless ofcourse we free some tidesages who got mindcontrolled during the new raid and we can play as them whilst they maintain their tentacle face form. I am all up for that!
    Trust me, its gonna be another ass-pull from Blizzard and while Horde gets to meet their races through questing and all, another Alliance allied race will pop out of thin air and Blizz will ask "WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY?"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

vulpera allied race of the horde almost confirmed
    What is it with Allied races thinking the Alliance is more aggressive than the Horde? Well, they don't know the whole story.

Deleted
    Mechagnomes would be a slap on Alliance's face. Which could actually happen given how much Blizzard hates the Alliance.

I mean who the fuck wants more gnomes, other than a very small minority with a fetish?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    There are are races that are covered with fur, not actual "furries".

It's a diametrical difference when the final model follows this concept
    [Insert Pics Here]
    Sure, you get a lot of shitty furry fan art for worgen or tauren, but that is just "artist's depiction", ingame, the models are nothing like that. Meanwhile, vulperas are straight up furry bait.
    and Worgen AREN'T Fur Bait?

I'm sure there's just as much Cutesy Worgen fan art as there is menacing Fennec/Vulpera fan art.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

if horde gets this then what the hell is alliance getting after kul tiran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    if horde gets this then what the hell is alliance getting after kul tiran?
    Mechagnome seems to be the most rumored. ISN'T THIS FUCKING WONDERFUL?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Mechagnome seems to be the most rumored. ISN'T THIS FUCKING WONDERFUL?!
    I honestly think Mechagnomes are highly likely and having a race of robots would at least be something different

Yeah i know they are still gnomes but i could see it happening.

The Horde gets vulpera and the Alliance gets...BLINGTRON! Let the party start!

Ew.
    I mean, good for people who wanted to play them, but I won't make one.
    I do hope we get a cool new mount as the unlock-reward, as the Zandalari mount is trash.

On a second thought, though... why is it an indicator of Vulpera becoming an allied race? Wouldn't that be more of a flavor text from the Alliance Invasions on Horde territory? And since we're already working with them it would make sense to keep helping them when the Alliance invades Voldun?

Quote Originally Posted by Druuge View Post
    I honestly think Mechagnomes are highly likely and having a race of robots would at least be something different

Yeah i know they are still gnomes but i could see it happening.
    Their racials gonna have to be REALLY OP to make up for the fact they're basically giant heads running about.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and Worgen AREN'T Fur Bait?

I'm sure there's just as much Cutesy Worgen fan art as there is menacing Fennec/Vulpera fan art.
    It's like you haven't read my post at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    If they end up becoming an allied race I look forward to some Alliance players acting like it makes more sense for them to be Alliance than Horde despite Blizzard making it obvious which faction they favor. So basically Nightborne all over again.
    Don't know meany (If any) Ally players that think they are going blue. No, The ally players seem to like championing for Sethrak instead.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think they might have seen the tinker threads and concepts pushed here and elsewhere for the past few years

That and the Allied races use existing skeletons, so they get to use gnomes. Vulpera are goblins. The concept for an Allied race starts at, which skeleton will we use for this race

On a separate note, anyone remember this post?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...a_allied_race/

Wasn't a denial of course. Felt more like, yeah but chill out for awhile, lol
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-10-16 at 07:27 AM.