Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’m more likely to roll Alliance. The faction was actually interesting in Vanilla while the Horde wasn’t.
    Well, Humans actually had a cool story, with the king missing, the Defias, multiple shit happening in nearby zones that is loosely connected.

Whereas on (Kalimdor) Horde side: "Kill X [Insert Desert Animal] for prove yourself as good hunter".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    What he said.

This isn't true

Tremor Totem in vanilla was practically unplayable garbage. Poison cleansing totem was extremelyyyyy niche. And Bloodlist didn't exist in vanilla.
    Tremor, grounding and cleansing were awsome.

We had a server event in Gurubashi Arena and the ultimate winner was a shaman with an arcanite reaper.

Now... Please dont tell me the entire server sucked.

I actually liked the Alliance starting zones more than the Horde's. Going from Durator to the Barrens to Stonetalon/Desolace/Thousand Needles was just drab and brown (and grey for Desolace).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, Humans actually had a cool story, with the king missing, the Defias, multiple shit happening in nearby zones that is loosely connected.

Whereas on (Kalimdor) Horde side: "Kill X [Insert Desert Animal] for prove yourself as good hunter".
    Exactly why I’m rolling Alliance. The Defias Questline, Onyxia’s reveal etc... the Horde doesn’t have questlines like that sadly. Thrall’s burning blade questline had promise, but it was never finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    paladins are healers in vanilla ^^ there is no other option.
    Paladin is actually better at MT for some bosses, and are excellent OT candidates. Healing is great too. Hell in the right gear ret can actually do some nasty DPS especially with a shaman and a windfury totem.

As hard as it might be to imagine in 2018, playing Alliance was actually fun back in Vanilla. Compelling questlines (Defias and the kidnapped king questline going from 1-40, Onyxia questline), awesome Paladin-only raid buffs (Greater Blessings). Horde were actually the disadvantaged faction in Vanilla, with things equalizing over time until they started to definitively swing in Horde's favor around Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Paladin is actually better at MT for some bosses, and are excellent OT candidates. Healing is great too. Hell in the right gear ret can actually do some nasty DPS especially with a shaman and a windfury totem.
    Except they don’t have access to shaman or windfury totems.

The most viable ret build outside of PvP that I’ve heard of is using that blacksmithing axe and being a buff-bitch for casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    What?
    This isn't BC, Alliance did not have shamans..
    Nor was paladin tanks especially good considering how many things have to align for them to be somewhat equal to warriors.

Healing and utility-wise though, they're overpowered as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Except they don’t have access to shaman or windfury totems.

The most viable ret build outside of PvP that I’ve heard of is using that blacksmithing axe and being a buff-bitch for casters.
    Ya my brain farted lmao no worries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    What?
    This isn't BC, Alliance did not have shamans..
    Nor was paladin tanks especially good considering how many things have to align for them to be somewhat equal to warriors.

Healing and utility-wise though, they're overpowered as fuck.
    Ya, I know, the lack of on demand mitigation sucked for sure. I will still roll Paladin tank though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogooder View Post
    Horde tanks were superior though because of Tauren stamina buff or Undead fear break
    Horde tanks had to learn to stance dance regardless of racial. Tremor totem was unreliable at best and the CD on will of the forsaken was way too long to be dependable.

I will still roll Paladin tank though.
    I wish you luck, but it won't be fun for a while. Better make sure you're an alchemist so you can fuel your mana pot addiction.
    Last edited by MrAlaska; 2018-10-16 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    PvE

Entire Warrior/Rogue raid with Windfury Totem can stomp MC in less than 50minutes - Horde

Fear Ward - Alliance

Paladin Healing - Alliance

PvP

Orcs Stun Redux [GL Alliance Rogues] + DMG on Hunter BM

UD Priest melting people in BG with DPlague

Ya my brain farted lmao no worries.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, I know, the lack of on demand mitigation sucked for sure. I will still roll Paladin tank though.
    Biggest problem for long fights atleast will be mana in tbc you got mana back from beeing healed, tbc paladins are a whole different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    No.

Horde doesnt have fearward. Not sure what they had for fears, but I recall it being far inferior.

People rolled dwarf priests specifically for that one.
    Shaman have tremor totem

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Biggest problem for long fights atleast will be mana in tbc you got mana back from beeing healed, tbc paladins are a whole different thing.
    With just like 20mp5 and seal of wisdom it is enough to keep you pretty much full assuming you don't blow your load on consecration constantly.

Does Horde on classic have blood elves?

No?

Welp, there's your answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    No.

Horde doesnt have fearward. Not sure what they had for fears, but I recall it being far inferior.

People rolled dwarf priests specifically for that one.
    Also this. Some fights like Neffarian (sp?) absolutely require fear immunity. The alternative for Horde is having a main tank that is undead and perfect mastery of their racial. For alliance, casually pop Fear ward and gg. If the tank is feared, the dragon goes ape on the raid so tremor totem doesn't quite cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska View Post
    Horde tanks had to learn to stance dance regardless of racial. Tremor totem was unreliable at best and the CD on will of the forsaken was way too long to be dependable.

I wish you luck, but it won't be fun for a while. Better make sure you're an alchemist so you can fuel your mana pot addiction.
    Ya, I am already planning on it lmao! Mana oil is my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Does Horde on classic have blood elves?

No?

Welp, there's your answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. Some fights like Neffarian (sp?) absolutely require fear immunity. The alternative for Horde is having a main tank that is undead and perfect mastery of their racial. For alliance, casually pop Fear ward and gg. If the tank is feared, the dragon goes ape on the raid so tremor totem doesn't quite cut it.
    Horde tanks had to stance dance during nefarian alliance had it easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

With just like 20mp5 and seal of wisdom it is enough to keep you pretty much full assuming you don't blow your load on consecration constantly.
    DPS is so much higher than it was the first time around because the game has been iterated to hell. I don't know if you would be able to generate enough threat while downranking. I don't think it's impossible, but I'm not optimistic.

Ya, I am already planning on it lmao! Mana oil is my friend!
    Yeah man, it'll be a cool experiment. I've seen the killerduki videos, but actual progression is another thing altogether.
    Last edited by MrAlaska; 2018-10-16 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Im going horde fo sho! maybe Troll warrior like i played or reoll rogue. Im a melee <3

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska View Post
    DPS is so much higher than it was the first time around because the game has been iterated to hell. I don't know if you would be able to generate enough threat while downranking. I don't think it's impossible, but I'm not optimistic.

Yeah man, it'll be a cool experiment. I've seen the killerduki videos, but actual progression is another thing altogether.
    True enough, but I won't be doing any progression, I will just be a dungeon tank until I can get carried through the 40 mans by 20 people lol.