Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind a Diablo Netflix series, but I was hoping to see D4, or maybe even a reboot similar to God of War (in my dreams).

rip D4. They already got your money for ticket sales on the D4 hype train

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo LUL Blizzard drove the Diablo Franchies into an Atomic Silo which had a meltdown ... if they wanna take another shot in reviving the Franchies drop EVERYONE from the current diablo team and let guys do the work who actually knew what made Diablo Diablo .. i don't ask for a Copy of D2 with fency graphics etc .. but look at what made D2 this huge of a success and build uopn that not like D3 scrap everything and release an abomination single player rpg with close to no customizations

15+ Year Old Account
    So in other words there will be no announcements coming in Blizzcon. Feelsbadman.

They trying to build down the hype? Then why put it 1st on mythic stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Honestly, that's what pisses me off the most. They KNEW THIS beforehand, but waited for ticket sales first, banking on rampant speculation to drive up sales for the virtual tickets. That's just such a scumbag thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Honestly, that's what pisses me off the most. They KNEW THIS beforehand, but waited for ticket sales first, banking on rampant speculation to drive up sales for the virtual tickets. That's just such a scumbag thing to do.
    This is the new Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. 99 times out of 100 I'd have given in to the hype and bought a ticket based on this too but I'm glad I dodged it.

Really struggling to like too much about Blizzard these days, which is a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    So in other words there will be no announcements coming in Blizzcon. Feelsbadman.
    So when they say "While we won’t be ready to announce all of our projects, we do intend to share some Diablo-related news with you at the show." they really mean "lol no diablo news period"? is that what yer getting out of that?

EDIT: idk, there's PR speak that doesn't dismiss the fact that they are going to have some news related to Diablo at the very least... although i reckon this does mean it's probably not Diablo 4. Maybe some new D3 content since the demo stations are right outside the main stage?
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2018-10-18 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    So when they say "While we won’t be ready to announce all of our projects, we do intend to share some Diablo-related news with you at the show." they really mean "lol no diablo news period"? is that what yer getting out of that?
    They obviously don't mean that, but it seems pretty clear that "the big one" is not getting announced - which is what everyone has been waiting for since like 2016.

There's tons of "Diablo-related news" they can share. D3 on twitch details/release dates/features. Diablo animated series on Netflix. Preview for the next D3 seasons. Whatever. But it seems very likely that new unannounced Diablo project they were hiring all those people for is NOT among the things they are going to announce. And that is extremely disappointing.

The Blizzard we've had for these number of years disgusts me to no end. Long gone are the days of passionate developers/gamers developing games... all replaced by fucking suits only in it purely for profits.

"Soon(tm)", for quality, replaced with deadlines riddled with bugs and cut content.

I used to love Blizzard, held them to high regards being one of the best in the industry. But now they're a fucking husk following the footsteps of the likes of EA and such.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-10-18 at 04:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah, and one of my friends was telling me to buy the ticket so we can watch it together, lol. Good thing i told him that there's not gonna be any actual exciting news and he backed off

Deleted
    At this point, Diablo III for iOS and Android is more likely than Diablo IV

Jk, but they'll probably just talk about how excited they are to release it on the Switch for an hour

No announcement for Diablo? After 6 years you would think they would have something. Small indie dev I guess.

Diablo 1/2 remastered inc! And if you lucky an Hearthstone expansion with Diablo theme!

They have not once indicated that a D4 announcement is coming. This was all in everyones heads. Going to blame them for that now?

If you buy a show ticket based on unsubstantiated rumors, and then get disappointed, there is only one person to blame for that: You.
    Afterall, the keynote is free to watch. You could still buy the virtual ticket right after the keynote if you like what they announced there and want more details.

Its the same shit as pre-ordering games. Generally, just don't do it. There is no advantage to pre-ordering anything digital, it won't be out of stock on release day, and you don't fall victim to your own hype.

Of course projecting your lack of self control on everyone else is far easier then admit that you shouldn't pre-order shit.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-10-18 at 06:21 AM.

Seriously fuck off with that nintendo switch garbage......
    Diablo 2 remaster or diablo 4 is the only news any diablo fan is interested in hearing.

If there is no such info to be shared then dont make a diablo stage...

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why there's a What's Next stage for diablo then? Please don't tell me they are going to talk about switch release on that...

RIP Hype.....thats it - this will be the worst Blizzcon ever. Maybe we get Diablo 2 HD remaster with a stealth launch - but thats it.
    If they kill the hype 2 weeks before blizzcon, they wont have anything for us

So... hmm... what's gonna be big at this Blizzcon? I'm trying to decide if I should buy the ticket or not. I guess there won't be a D4 or D3 expansion announced. For WoW they did expansion announcement last years so we're getting something big only next year. There's usually *something* big, what is it this year?