Poll: Which one is the worst expansion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Just wait a couple of years and BFA will be the best expansion EVER released. It happens with every expansion.
    What? Legion was awesome from the start. WOTLK was awesome from the start. Both had awesome reviews from the start.

MOP was awesome after 5.1 (rep gates removed).

Cata, WoD, and BFA sucked at launch and the first two continued to suck throughout their respective life cycles.

BC and Vanilla are the only expansions that have been deemed "awesome in hindsight" (in reality, they were both some great ideas with some total shit; if you disagree, I wonder how many texts you got at 3 AM because a world boss spawned).

So which expansions do you mean by "every"?
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Are we really comparing a completed expansion versus the X.0 of an expansion?

How about we open this thread 6 months into the next expansion? Because that feels like the only fair way to compare.

Regardless, if you are comparing 6.0 to 8.0, then obviously Warlords of Draenor was better, level-up experience, Garrisons, Highmaul, Mythic Dungeons (A new invention at the time). I logged in way more time, did so much more, and enjoyed the time so much more. With that being said, it will be really difficult for BFA to be as awful as Warlords at end of expansion, I quit for a year because of WoD. BFA is not even close when it comes to that level of boring non-content. Remember when a .1 patch was the Selfie Camera? Really? The second that BFA does that you can make a fair comparison.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkusa View Post
    Aren't we only 2 months into BfA? Or did I miss something?
    I know right? Do these people leave a film 20 mins in too?

Also i just think it's mad people think Legion is the worst expansion ever. Class halls and Artefacts elevate it above others for me. I wanted to level alts to experience each one, get their weapons etc. I

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Which of the two is the worst? As much as I hate Azerite I’m going to say WOD.

WOD (Where’s our Devs) had zero content and no story in it.
    BFA (Blizzard f*cks Azeroth) is the grind expansion where your content is basically a time metric to appeal to the business people so the charts look good and Blizz keeps their money flowing as you waste time and time slogging through molasses that is the Azerite and rep grinds and boring rng Warfronts.
    Holy hyperbole Batman. /s

OT: Your post is so biased I think it's deserving of another forum vacation. Or preferably a permanent one. Maybe if you're not allowed onto these forums to complain about a game you hate you'll finally muster the willpower to quit it and move on with your life.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    BfA is literally legion with new content and legendaries replaced by azerite gear.

WoD was missing a lot of content and systems we have nowadays. So WoD stays the worst expac for me, and BfA is fun up to now.
    ya new content and legendary+sets+artefact weapon replaced by shit azerite poop traits .. its a downgrade to Legion

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The garrison was my favorite feature ever added to WoW. It's the closest thing we've ever had to player housing. During WoD, I barely raided at all. I did a bit of LFR, but mainly just for giggles. I don't know how you couldn't find anything to do with all the content. Tanaan Jungle was particularly interesting.

TBC was complete crap. Every zone looked like garbage. It was non-stop torture from beginning to end. I hated ever minute in Outland.
    Problem is Garrisons were a horrible version of player housing, no real customization, access was super limited, and from one character to the next it pretty much looked the same. If I hadn't of played SWG maybe I would have found it acceptable in that regard. Tannan Jungle was just another version of Timeless Isle or Isle of Q. It got old very quickly but would have been fine if they had added something else. About the only redeeming quality I found in WoD were some classes ( affliction lock, and glad warrior mostly ) and the ton of gold I made with no effort.

As far as TBC zones I would disagree. I really liked several of the zones, especially Nagrand, which oddly enough didnt change much for WoD. Zone look may not have been at its peak, but I enjoyed the content in those zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    BFA isnt over yet to fully judge it, but I will say the first two months of WoD were way better than these two months of BFA.
    That´s how I see it too, I´m still hopefull that BfA in the end, turns out to be a good ride, it wont be great, cause some things can only be changed in the next xpak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like WoD was over ambitious and BFA is under ambitious. WoD was unique and had a load of really unique and exciting ideas that just never materialised as well as they sounded in concept like the player housing in a garrison, the invasions or those big apexis quests. Nice ideas implemented badly.
    BFA feels like a copy/paste of Legion with very little new, what it does is proven and works well but it also feels old, stale and not very interesting.

I'll likely wind up enjoying and playing BFA more but I feel more positive towards WoD as an expansion since they put the effort and ideas into it instead of lazily repackaging Legion.

WoD had good questing, garrisons, naval missions, an abundance of treasures and good class balance. What does BfA have again? Warfronts and Island expeditions? LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Never thought would come?

Been saying WoD 2.0 since it was announced lol.
    You and me both. No one listened.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    At this stage with WoD, all I would do is login, do some Garrison stuff and logout. I would also login to raid twice per week. There was nothing else to do. I got to that stage quickly.

Currently with BFA, I'll still login to do M+ randomly throughout the week. Still logging in twice per week to raid. I'm pretty much sick of dailies, a couple of reps to max out to exalted, but I'll do it slowly. I really hate IE's, but I try to do the weekly quest, again I'll do that sparingly spreading it out through the week.

If WoD had M+ I may remember it more fondly, but I can't actually remember ever liking the dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is Junk wod was poor but was so much better.
    Comes from person playing one char Warrior Prot.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I feel like WoD was over ambitious and BFA is under ambitious. WoD was unique and had a load of really unique and exciting ideas that just never materialised as well as they sounded in concept like the player housing in a garrison, the invasions or those big apexis quests. Nice ideas implemented badly.
    BFA feels like a copy/paste of Legion with very little new, what it does is proven and works well but it also feels old, stale and not very interesting.

I'll likely wind up enjoying and playing BFA more but I feel more positive towards WoD as an expansion since they put the effort and ideas into it instead of lazily repackaging Legion.
    My friend and I have discussed WoD's failures a ton and basically we whittled it down to the fact that they spent a ton of time on the systems and either didn't leave themselves enough time, or no one checked to make sure the systems worked together.

You look at WoD and most everything worked, but almost nothing felt like it connected in either the gameplay or story.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA has been out for 3 months, and has more content than WoD had in two years. Sure, the content of BfA sucks ass, but is it really that much worse than logging in twice a week for raiding and sitting all by yourself inside your garrison doing table missions? BfA hasn't received its first big patch yet, but when it does, at least it wont be a selfie camera and Twitter features.

BfA has a lot of issues, we all know that, but people saying it is worse than WoD need to get real for a second and remember how atrocious WoD was and what it did to the game. Just because your class played better back in WoD doesn't mean the entire expansion is better than BfA.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD had the Gladiator spec, it was so cool to be able to play Protection with my warrior while inflicting normal damage.
    BfA is daily-centric like everything since Legion.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

No no no, BFA is "Beta For Azeroth", get it right. :P

And I'd say BFA is drastically the better expansion of the two (there's less level cap content to do than Legion, but a hell of a lot more than sitting in a garrison!) but has less new features that I think should be kept long term going into future expansions.

WOD:
    -updated character models
    -improved group finder tool

BFA:
    -war mode
    -the new AI I guess?

BFA has mostly consisted of taking great Legion features and making them worse/pruning them entirely, but WOD was WoW before any of those existed, so of course it'll be net worse.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-18 at 01:09 PM.

Oh. It's TITB again. Color me surprised.

Also;

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Pretty unfair comparison, WoD failed at absolutely everything except PvP. While BfA is fun.

Standing in or doing m+ .. theres still way more to do in bfa

Warlords of Draenor had:

- better leveling experience
    - better soundtrack
    - better class balance
    - better game/class mechanics
    - better pvp
    - more art objects (mounts, tier sets, mob designs, zone variety)
    - garrisons were, at the start, a better experience than mission tables

Longer term, Warlords of Draenor had a few problems that got worse with time:

- garrisons killed the crafting economy (haha BFA has no crafting economy aside from Anchor Weed)
    - content pipeline was long and shallow
    - too many orcs
    - garrison mobile game mechanics got very tedious

Thing is, BFA has expeditions and Warfronts which are tedious and unrewarding. So I'd argue as bad as garrsions became, they were better content than expeditions / warfronts / azerite leveling.

Most of the draws to BFA right now are Legion hold overs -- World Quests (with nerfed rep gain to slow progression) and Mythic+ dungeons (e.g. recycling dungeon content as end game progression).

Also, BFA has been a bug ridden mess since launch. WoD was a smooth launch for the most part, and the few bugs I remember were garrison related.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    BfA has been out for 3 months, and has more content than WoD had in two years.
    WHAT content?

its a trade up of garrisons vs expeditions/warfronts. same # of zones, same # of raid + dungeons. less abilities, less gear, more grind.

I'll take garrisons over expeditions. the warfront was tedious content the first time i did it. I still occasionally visit garrisons.

unless you're counting Mythic+ as content.

There was absolutely nothing to do in WoD.

There is much to do in BfA. Whether its fun or not is a second thing.

I like BfA, I understand many don't. What I don't understand is saying WoD was better.