Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillboy View Post
    That's still money the industry is losing when the average "drugs are evil!" minded people figure out that this evil actually helps their issues with close to no negative side effects. Especially when it turns out that cannabis even helps physical issues as well.
    Well, granted. However the close to no negative side effects is a myth, weed doesn't really have less side effects than, say, benzos. That is the case with the overwhelming majority of psychotropics. Again, I'm in favor of legalizing weed, but let's keep our heads on our shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Legal weed is too expensive, everyone will buy illegal weed.

The winners are smokers who don't have to look over their shoulders now.

But otherwise Canada just added more bureaucracy and laws.

The only way you can wipe out illegal weed is lower the price of legal weed so that it can compete.
    Just grow your own then ? Seeds are cheap and thanks to LEDs you can easy afford the growing lights.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I literally have to take drug and alcohol test before going to any work i pick up at my union hall plus random tests from time to time, and I assume this have something to do with WCB and insurance. I can only guess but that practice will increase to other areas as well due to weed being freely available.
    Good time to open a new lab, more job incoming in that area!

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? Most if the stuff I see is about the same price as illegal stuff was, if not cheaper and better grade.

It'll be a huge boon for people who can afford it anyway but didn't want to break the law
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I think this is a reflection of how prohibition works with relatively low threat substances. In the U.K, the Chief Constable of County Durham police has stated that rooting up to 8 plants for personal use is O.K, but if you are anti-social and this results in complaints about you then there would be bother. Chief Constables set policies for discretional issues in their counties.

Their was a BBC documentary ft Professor Green which covered it, quite an interesting watch.

The only way you can wipe out illegal weed is lower the price of legal weed so that it can compete.
    Economies of Scale. Learn it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    How so? Most if the stuff I see is about the same price as illegal stuff was, if not cheaper and better grade.

It'll be a huge boon for people who can afford it anyway but didn't want to break the law
    Those Stiiizy pens have been a game changer out here. High quality, high potency, and low relative cost to flower has made them a triple threat. It’s pretty common to see decent flower go for less than $100 an ounce although low end cost per gram (for the nickel and dime folks) has stayed about the same.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only way it affects me is how somehow all 3 dozen packages of mini doughnuts I baked and tossed on shelfs were sold in less then two hours.
    I really wanted to buy one myself, damn smokers

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    My garbage truck is very late today, normally they get my stuff around 8 AM, its almost 11 now. Wander if that is related.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    People in the northern states are also throwing parties. I suspect a lot American's will be taking trips to Canada this weekend.

Don't be so sure. US CBP is cracking down and even banning Canadians who even used pot in the PAST. If they catch an American crossing with pot they'll throw the book at them (not ban them) and they'll face federal law regardless of what states have it legal.

With that said, if Americans go over to smoke pot and stay there until they're sober it would probably be fine.

should be legal evrywhere but what ever .

I know people that smoke it for medical purposes not to get high and have to buy it illegal but its the only solution they found after years of trying all kind of meds .

i see nothing wrong with weed

Here in Quebec at least the price per gram is actually very competitive. I placed an order and by and large the price is about on par what I'd pay previously. It comes out cheaper than most MOMs in the area too.

Strain selection is a little limited and I haven't tested the quality yet, but from the economics if it, I have zero complaints.

I'm surprised the legal age is 18 and not 21 but it's still a step in the right direction.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Weed is a strong demotivator because it fulfills the same role as accomplishing a task does chemically, therefore if people want to chemically demotivate themselves and end up doing nothing with their lives, it is really not my problem. I suppose it can even be beneficial for people like me since weed removes my would be competitors.
    Doesn't really apply to people who use it for medical reasons. There are many problems where being 'motivated' means jack shit. Got Parkinson's and you're highly motivated? Sorry, that won't do a damn thing. Got Parkinson's and access to medical marijuana? Congratulations, you can have prolonged periods where your body is relaxed and under your own control. Same for chronic pain and other issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Doesn't really apply to people who use it for medical reasons. There are many problems where being 'motivated' means jack shit. Got Parkinson's and you're highly motivated? Sorry, that won't do a damn thing. Got Parkinson's and access to medical marijuana? Congratulations, you can have prolonged periods where your body is relaxed and under your own control. Same for chronic pain and other issues.
    I highly doubt that majority of people who use marijuana do so out of medical reasons. A small minority, everybody else is just looking to get high.

Deleted
    Maybe stoners will now stfu about being high

I don't do the stuff but nice if I ever wanted to I could I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Cannabis became legal for adults in Canada on October 17,2018.

What do you think, how this will affect country economy, society and global view of this substance?

I believe this is a great step forward, really proud of Canada and their people.
    Finally something that is factually less dangerous and healthier than alcohol and cigarettes is made legal.

Deleted
    great news

Its amazing how the land of capitalism hasn't legalized weed.