Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nobody was fine with this. nobody liked the horde doing this stupid shit.

it pissed off everyone, and they're doing this to the alliance as an answer to that outrage, and it's FUCKING IDIOTIC.

neither goddamned side wants this idiocy. but the fucking subhuman devs are too stupid to see this.
    I beg to differ. This shit is hilarious and well worth it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

If those alliance dogs even THINK about touching Dolly or Dot, I'll burn Stormwind to the GROUND MYSELF.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    If those alliance dogs even THINK about touching Dolly or Dot, I'll burn Stormwind to the GROUND MYSELF.
    Implying that dolly and dot need us to defend them.

I hope the purge squad is an actual faction tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    True. That makes me feel a bit better.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Purge Squad is a little on the nose :L

Every groups just needs to get he racial cleansing out of their system once in a while! everyone's done it!!!

Actual a lore point. At this point how many races have join the Horde an random Ally aggression?
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-10-18 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nobody was fine with this. nobody liked the horde doing this stupid shit.

it pissed off everyone, and they're doing this to the alliance as an answer to that outrage, and it's FUCKING IDIOTIC.

neither goddamned side wants this idiocy. but the fucking subhuman devs are too stupid to see this.
    Dunno, there's plenty of people in the Horde who're pretty satisfied w/ doing "this stupid shit" :P But I do agree that it's poorly delivered >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    nah, you even kidnap children and use demons to bind them.
    The horde did, i am fairly sure they alliance did not do anything similar.

Deleted
    Thinking about it, this may well be a reaction to all the times we've told Blizz to show, not tell.
    All scheming up to now was done in books, like the TH (posing as Alliance and Horde respectively) attacking Theramore-talks (twice, I think?), the TH (posing as Horde) attacking the druids ... all done in stories and books. And we always said that was bad, it should happen ingame and it was also far too obvious, everyone should have known it wasn't the Alliance/Horde.
    So maybe now they try something new? Make us witness it, make us react and see for ourselves if we still think 'everyone should have known' afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Their diet of raw vulture meat and eggs makes them extra bloodthirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Their diet of raw vulture meat and eggs makes them extra bloodthirsty.
    I don't know if anybody is as bloodthirsty as those furry hating Alliance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I don't know if anybody is as bloodthirsty as those furry hating Alliance though.
    You cant blame their passion.

Only the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Thinking about it, this may well be a reaction to all the times we've told Blizz to show, not tell.
    All scheming up to now was done in books, like the TH (posing as Alliance and Horde respectively) attacking Theramore-talks (twice, I think?), the TH (posing as Horde) attacking the druids ... all done in stories and books. And we always said that was bad, it should happen ingame and it was also far too obvious, everyone should have known it wasn't the Alliance/Horde.
    So maybe now they try something new? Make us witness it, make us react and see for ourselves if we still think 'everyone should have known' afterwards.
    The thing is, they neither show, nor tell. Because right now what we are seeing is absolutely at odds with the usual Alliance tactics with no explanation at all. Since when does the Alliance even have some kind of Purge squad? Why is the Alliance purging vulpera? Why are the (normal) draenei part of this even? Neither the Horde, nor Alliance get any explanation. In fact, all of this is just to give the vulpera a reason to fully commit to the Horde (which, honestly, they don't even need). The Alliance never even had any contact with them other than now deciding to exterminate them for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    You know they wont though. Maybe if the Alliance wasn't run by the main character/chosen one who Christie Golden relates to, we could have some more structure in the alliance with groups that were more bad than others. But with Anduin, god prince of all right, he would never allow it.

I'm even afraid that this purging group is going to not last long at all, like as if it just disappears(never addressed or used again) or Anduin puts a stop to it immediately.
    It makes no sense for these Purge Squads to be sanctioned by Alliance high command for sure. Dazar'alor was a legitimate military target whose navy attacked an Alliance fleet and yet still Anduin wants the army to be careful about civilian casualties. Why the hell would he turn around and unleash fantasy Einsatzgruppen (composed of freaking Draenei allying with Warlocks no less) on some random furries in the desert who most likely don't even know what the Alliance is?

If they bother to explain this at all, it's going to be a rogue commander or even a lolsworthy false flag operation. In any case it's going to be used as the half-assed justification for the Vulpera to join the Horde then never mentioned again.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2018-10-18 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    The thing is, they neither show, nor tell. Because right now what we are seeing is absolutely at odds with the usual Alliance tactics with no explanation at all. Since when does the Alliance even have some kind of Purge squad? Why is the Alliance purging vulpera? Why are the (normal) draenei part of this even? Neither the Horde, nor Alliance get any explanation. In fact, all of this is just to give the vulpera a reason to fully commit to the Horde (which, honestly, they don't even need). The Alliance never even had any contact with them other than now deciding to exterminate them for some reason.
    That is the point, it's like a Horde squad made of orcs showing up at a Cenarion Circle gathering and slaughtering everyone there, including Hamuul, for being 'filthy Alliance', making themselves explicitly known as 'Horde' and having been sent by Garrosh. Out of almost nowhere and with no reasoning or any hint this would happen beforehand (especially the 'killing Hamuul'-part).
    Hamuul still thought they were really sent by Garrosh and promptly told Cairne about it, who challenged Garrosh.
    Everyone thought this was stupid of Cairne and Hamuul and they should have known it wasn't actually the Horde and also we repeatedly said things like this need to be shown, not told in books or stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I love the fact that blizzard is inspiring their lore based on 1d4chan memes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Pretty sure we wiped out most of the unfaithful Sethrakk and Vorikk and his followers are allied to the Vulpera. Sethrakk on Alliance would actually be an even bigger asspull than Void Elves at this point.
    Asspulls are a Blizzard norm by this point.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

DOLLY AND DOT WERE MY BEST FRIENDS
    THEY PULLED MY WAGON THROUGH DUNES AND SAND
    THEY HAD SMALL TEETH AND THEY LOVED TO EAT
    THEY WERE THE BEST 'PACAS IN ALL THE LAND!

And holy crap, THE PURGE SQUAD?! Blizzard have clearly lost their minds but I've never laughed so hard in my life. Arthas would be so proud.

I'll be very disappointed if this is changed in any way. It's so perfect the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerah the Vengeful
    Dolly and Dot were my best friends.
    Their blood now stains these dunes of sand.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll be very disappointed if this is changed in any way. It's so perfect the way it is.
    Alliance confirmed the villain of the expansion.