Poll: Controlled upgrade system?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The last fucking thing I want is another grind

Currency system benefits people who are willing to grind, I personally don't have a problem with it but I'm guessing the vast majority of the player-base would dislike any sort of system that requires heavy time investment, judging by the recent trend.

By making items upgradeable, they kind of give off the feeling that it's a must to upgrade them, while titanforging RNG "feels" like a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yes nothing makes me happier than getting worse gear than other people that killed the same boss because RNG.
    I mean its my guildies who get the stuff, so it benefits me either way, so I'm actually happy that we progress easier.
    Of course I'm even more happy if its me who gets the 390 TF stuff ;-)

I already posted this in another thread, but it's a few options for something like an alternate gearing progression system.

1) If they want to keep TF/WF in the game, at least make it something a player can progress for. Have any raid boss drop a currency(cap per week) that you can then buy an item to warforge a base item. Then another token at a more expensive price which can then TF a WF item. You can add another item that will also add a socket or tertiary stat. This would at least make you feel like you are doing meaningful progression towards your character and there is also a clear BiS in sight for people who want that.

2) Hell you could even have items where they have their own experience and stuff to level up. A normal item would level up into a warforged item, and so on and so forth. This would at least add some RPG element into it. I mean Blizzard is all about making people sub longer. Add diminishing returns for the items when the items are no longer relevant meaning the XP required to level is less each week if they want...

The difficulty levels are kept the same and there is a hard cap on the gear and the item level it can TF to.
    LFR - cap of 355
    Normal - cap of 370
    Heroic - Cap of 385
    Mythic - Cap of 400 or 395

M+ - cap of the item will be determined by the difficulty and key level it dropped on. A completed run item drop will only be eligible for leveling up as well. Meaning a M10 piece can only go up to 385. M+ should be a secondary supplement for acquiring gear, but should never be a viable sole means of getting gear which right now it can potentially be.

It gives a lot of flexibility to progress your character and target items you think are worth upgrading and a layer of customization.
    Mythic raiding is preserved as the pinnacle of getting the best gear and it also allows other guilds meaningful progression to getting gear and power to get into Mythic is they are having trouble.

Bring back class xmog for M+ and other titles/mounts/rewards so there are other reasons for doing it and not just farming it for the slot machine of Titanforged items. Offer M+ season rewards as well like PvP is done. People will still do the content that want to.

This will remove the slot machine aspect of the system and give players some greater control over their characters while also removing some of the sour tastes that is involved with the system. Point being, there are a lot of better ways the system could be. Also make the raid gear or at least trinkets a clear BiS over the dungeon/WQ trinkets.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes nothing makes me happier than getting worse gear than other people that killed the same boss because RNG.
    As opposed to getting no gear because of RNG, atleast the useless gear can be sold to cover repair costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean its my guildies who get the stuff, so it benefits me either way, so I'm actually happy that we progress easier.
    Of course I'm even more happy if its me who gets the 390 TF stuff ;-)
    Sure I suppose I'm just saying non-tf/wf gear is disappointing compared to tf/wf
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    As opposed to getting no gear because of RNG, atleast the useless gear can be sold to cover repair costs.
    Just hop on in half way through without reading context. I'm not talking about PL I'm talking about WF/TF.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    You are just playing semantic games here. It is the same thing. You are like the kid trowing a tantrum over getting a new gaming rig for xmas that 'only' has a gtx2080, while Jimmy's parents got him a gtx2080ti with RGB!
    I'm not, I corrected you because you misrepresented my argument. Now you're just attempting to make petty insults because our opinions differ. Calling me childish and then saying stuff like that in the same breath, how can you lack that much awareness?

Also they are not the same argument, disliking bad gear is not the same as being unhappy that someone else got gear. I can be both happy that my guildy got gear and upset that my gear is trash, they are not mutually exclusive.

If you can't keep up with a basic conversation and resort to insults the second you are confronted with a dissenting opinion, maybe discussion forums just aren't for you.

TL;DR - Welcome to my ignore list. People who rage out after two exchanged messages aren't worth my time.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2018-10-18 at 02:54 PM.

Sure I suppose I'm just saying non-tf/wf gear is disappointing compared to tf/wf
    I can understand that view, but what is even more disappointing is killing a boss with 0 chances of getting an upgrade.

I can honestly think of nothing more sad and boring. In fact, I'd rather they removed all gear and items from the game than this.
    Oh. So you are a person who finds weeks of running a raid without getting a single piece of useful loot fun and entertaining?

RNG in any game is an artificial thing that is put in by developers in order to force players into playing longer since they have no way of controlling what loot they will get (and many people DO want optimal items). RNG on top of RNG is simply another definition of ridiculousness, because on top of being unpredictable, it has absolutely no correlation with the effort you put into the game, since theoretically you can be geared in 390 items from HC raid while a mythic raider may have lower gear level then you.

Deleted
    You are just playing semantic games here. It is the same thing. You are like the kid trowing a tantrum over getting a new gaming rig for xmas that 'only' has a gtx2080, while Jimmy's parents got him a gtx2080ti with RGB!
    ye, that would only be comparable if Jimmy and I shared the same parents. And if that was the case I believe most would be disappointed, specially if both presents where lined up next to each other and then randomly handed to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have Valor points return, let us upgrade it like we had in mop and remove WF/TF/random sockets.
    This and remove versatility as a stat. Keep haste, crit and mastery. Bring back PvP resilience and vendors.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We had things like adding extra sockets and such up until MoP. All it lead to was people complaining that JCers were slightly stronger, everyone complaining how they were "forced" to choose a crafting profession instead of what they wanted.

Valor gear was just as much RNG as anything else. There were two levels of it. That there was gear of the slot you needed an upgrade for. That the secondaries were such that it was actually an upgrade. And there was also the nerdrage which occured when you bought a piece of valor gear, only to invalidate it with an upgrade shortly after. "I spent 3 weeks saving up the points for these legs, which were a 20 ilvl up over my dungeon ones, but I got my tier legs the next day. Give me my point back Blizz or I quit." I remember those threads.

No matter what is done people are going to go 'omg blizz you had one job.' Personally I think they're so tired of it that they go with whatever ideas they think will get them whining from the smallest demographic. Like the ML change only being hated by raiders while casuals don't care.
    strongly disagree. first: you compare apples with oranges. second: its a big difference to just not spend earned VP, which you straightly worked towards instead grinding until luck. because you can spend it otherwise. third: you take assumptions in your last sentence as reality. fourth: with MoP and JC i agree. but its also a difference to have gear with sockets and dedicated work towards instead „oh cool, sockets from RNG“.

all in all i see nothing which should me or other ppl that dont like heavy fluctuating RNG gear convince that world of diablo is better than pre WoD.

Currency is fine. I'd prefer however we use duplicate drops to upgrade pieces. So say I get the wand on Taloc the first time we kill it. Then, after kill 50 (or in my case kill 2, then kill 3, then kill 4) and a duplicate wand drops, I can expend it to upgrade my currently equipped wand, or trade it to someone else to use for that same purpose.

This would solve both the randomness of TF issue as well as the severe pain of duplicate drops which has become significantly worse since personal loot was jammed down our throats.

My idea is quite simple, the same rules for all titanforging as is currently implemented for weapons. Warforge for 5 ilvl or titanforge for 10 ilvl.

I would have 1-2 gem sockets per piece of gear, with secondary stat budget reduced to compensate. This is replace the need for the old reforging as it would allow players a certain degree of autonomy in choosing which secondaries they feel are important or suits their playstyle/build.

Tertiary could remain as random, still powerful but nothing like some gears sockets being worth 15 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    My idea is quite simple, the same rules for all titanforging as is currently implemented for weapons. Warforge for 5 ilvl or titanforge for 10 ilvl.

I would have 1-2 gem sockets per piece of gear, with secondary stat budget reduced to compensate. This is replace the need for the old reforging as it would allow players a certain degree of autonomy in choosing which secondaries they feel are important or suits their playstyle/build.

Tertiary could remain as random, still powerful but nothing like some gears sockets being worth 15 ilvl.
    That seems reasonable really. However I would definitely say that Mythic+ (18 and over or something) have a small chance to roll a higher Titanforge, 15 or 20, that would put them around 5ilvls below a fully Titanforged Mythic raid item. Which is completely reasonable I think.

The only thing people would hate worse than titanforging would be the removal of titanorging. Imagine if the next time you logged in all your titanforged items had been reverted to their base ilvl. Imagine if all your titanforged items had been removed altogether.

You think you want titanforging removed, but you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, if they add that kind of upgrade i will gladly move to pvp again. Hated every part of valor js upgrade.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    valor points every time.

WF/TF just rewards lucky players and frustrates the majority of the players. Also means you can focus on items that are good for you.

So frustrating when you get a Titanforge on an item which is terrible stats

I'd like to see them expand on the current system to make it be less RNG and more grindy.

It could simply be called forging. How it'd work: you can combine two pieces of the same slot with the same ilvl to upgrade one of the pieces by 5 ilvls all the way up to the ilvl cap which is currently 395.

Example: you have four ilvl 370 cloaks and one of them is your BiS with a socket. You forge two of the bad cloaks to create a 375 cloak and you also forge your BiS cloak with another bad 370 cloak and you now have two 375 cloaks which you can forge to upgrade your BiS cloak to 380. With this system you would be rewarded for the grind rather than having to vendor 99% of your epic drops while hoping you get that 0.1% chance 395 BiS trinket.