Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Skip IF2. The only good thing about this season, was the set up for a potential (and now never to arrive) season 3.
    Well that's depressing.

Maybe it will be a show with both him and Luke, But honestly I expect Disney to take all the IP's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Season one started out great and then BOMBED. Season two was solid throughout.

I would be VERY surprised if we didn’t get a Heroes for hire announcement soon. IF being put out of our misery is understandable, Luke Cage was a solid show, that iirc got decent viewings.
    As far as I know, Netflix has never given any hint of how well something did. I haven't watched LC2 yet, (or JJ2 or IF2 or DD3 or any post-Defenders stuff) but the first season was so-so. Mariah was horrible, the brother was decent, and they picked the wrong one to continue forward with.

That said, have we heard if JJ3 has started production yet? If not, it's probably dead too I'd think. I'd actually prefer if the 3 (JJ/LC/IF) got merged together and Daredevil and Punisher kept solo or combined. I'm not a fan of Kingpin though (I recognize I'm in the minority, but that just means you're all wrong!), so not sure how much I'd watch them.

The way I see it, there are only two reasons to cancel it: To set up Heroes for Hire... or because Disney is swinging their mouse dick around, trying to set up their streaming service as the only Marvel show location.
    Or the fees are getting too much compared to the revenue they bring in. Disney Streaming is USA only I believe, with Netflix getting that content for other countries, or something like that. Maybe they'd rather take the hit and kill off the lagging Marvel-flix shows in favor of distributing Disney-Marvel stuff that is cheaper and already produced at a high level and tied to movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Emergency Awesome did a video about it, no real solid info other than theories about Netflix paying a lot at first and being unable to really renegotiate for new characters to replace duds due to Disney's own desires to serialize characters.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well that's depressing.
    Yup. Iron Fist SHOULD have been a slam dunk. Just hire the best fight choreographer yo can afford, and let him go to town. Simple!

Our only hope at this point is the make a “Heroes for Hire” series, based on Danny and Luke’s company. Or potentially “Daughters of the Dragon” with Coleen and Misty.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The only part of Luke Cage that was good was the first half of season 1 and the only episode in season 2 that had Iron Fist. Everything else about the show Luke Cage was garbage.
    I disagree to an extent. The only part that wasn't very good was the second half of S1. That part was meh. YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I really enjoyed Luke Cage, cant help but thinking that they should have reduced the episode count from 13 to 10 or even 8 to make it a tighter series.
    Series actors (as opposed to guests) dislike those kind of series and have plenty of other choices these days. Also true of writers.

Imo there won't be any new shows on Netflix, especially no Heroes for Hire. Sadly the cancellations have tainted them a little. The real problem is that these shows run at 3M an ep when Normal is about 2/3 of that. That makes them harder to justify. As for Streaming Services the content is way too mature for Disney Play and probably too expensive for Hulu as it currently exists. If they want to save these shows they are going to have to get creative with the venue.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2018-10-21 at 05:49 AM.