Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[TV] Daredevil Season 3

Holy shit...this season is amazing. I'm only 4 episodes in, but GODDAMN, if the quality stays like this, then this is hands down the best season of superhero TV I have ever seen. Better than DD S1 by a mile. I had to stop to catch my breath because episode 4 has an amazing, harrowing sequence in a prison that carries a tension with it that I haven't seen in any other show so far. Now I'm diving right back into it. I need to stop and sleep soon but wow. Just wow. I love season 3.

- - - Updated - - -

So I just finished all 13 episodes, and I stand by my original statement: this is far and away the best season of superhero TV that I have ever seen, hands down, by far. Every episode was great. None of them were slow or "filler", and each one managed to escalate the situation more and more. The fight scenes were superb, the acting and the dialogue was tight, everything was about as good as it could possibly be.

I only have one criticism and it is story-related so I'll spoilertag it: where the HELL was Frank? I'm dead serious, especially after DDs2, it makes NO sense that Frank Castle would be a no-show when the Kingpin is back and taking over New York. I have a very hard time believing that during everything that happened in S3, no one would even mention Frank Castle's name, ESPECIALLY KAREN. It's like season 2 got completely retconned. Punisher season 2 had better have a good explanation as to why Frank was completely absent during all this crap going down.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2018-10-21 at 02:15 AM.

I'm 5 episodes in and other than the prison scene i'm finding the season to be rather lackluster so far.
    I dislike all the new characters and the returning ones are getting on my nerves.

Ok, just watched the 6th and it looks like it might get interesting.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2018-10-20 at 12:11 PM.

Yeah the no Frank Castle is bullshit, he was the best part of season 2
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I'm 5 episodes in and other than the prison scene i'm finding the season to be rather lackluster so far.
    I dislike all the new characters and the returning ones are getting on my nerves.

Ok, just watched the 6th and it looks like it might get interesting.
    Couldn't disagree more, except for Matt. Matt is kind of a piece of shit the first five episodes, but that's by design. Everyone else does a great job IMO, and the story just builds and builds and builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah the no Frank Castle is bullshit, he was the best part of season 2
    I get why they didn't include him; they wanted this story to be purely Daredevil's, but they wrote themselves into a bit of a huge problem - after DDs2, and TPs1, Frank's absence [i]makes absolutely no logical sense[/i]. He, too, has unfinished business with Wilson Fisk. He, too, cares deeply about Karen - the attack at the newspaper [I] absolutely would have[/I] attracted his attention because Karen's life was at stake. Unless after TPs1 he left New York, it makes no sense that he didn't at least make a one-episode appearance in DDs3, to at least address the fact that yes, he is a part of their story and he does have very very good reason to be involved in this fight.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2018-10-20 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very strong season. Only part that I felt was unnecessary was the flashback sequence in episode 10. While it was nice to get some backstory on that character, it didn’t really show us anything we didn’t know, or that couldn’t have been explained in a 5 min monologue.

That 20mins aside, great season, flowed really well and I have no other complaints.

This series really amped up my respect for Bullseye. He was genuinely scary during the Bulletin massacre fight. Can’t wait to see more of him, now that he’s really BECOME Bullseye

As for why you know who doesn’t show up. he’s got his own show now, he’s off doing his own thing. Punisher 2 is the next MarvelFlix show out, so in the timeline he’s probably balls deep in his own plot right now
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    As for why you know who doesn’t show up. he’s got his own show now, he’s off doing his own thing. Punisher 2 is the next MarvelFlix show out, so in the timeline he’s probably balls deep in his own plot right now
    Right, but that defeats the purpose of a shared universe. Look at Infinity War. They at least gave an explanation why Ant-Man and Hawkeye were absent. It makes sense that their absence should at least be acknowledged, addressed and explained because they are important characters not just to the rest of the Avengers but in the MCU, so it doesn't make sense why they would be absent in I.W.

SIMILARLY, you-know-who is an important character to Karen and he does not leave loose ends like the Kingpin twisting around - just look to the lengths he went to tie up the Dogs of Hell, the Kitchen Irish and the Mexican Cartels at the beginning of TPs1. Unless Jigsaw has him strapped down somewhere in South America during the events of DDs3, his absence in this story makes no sense whatsoever. It should have at least been acknowledged, if not explained.

Well i had to resort to skipping every part that had Foggy, Karen, or Fisk as focus to make it through to the end.

Personally did not this season all too much. Had high hopes when i saw episode 6 that it might end strong but for me it didn't really go anywhere interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Right, but that defeats the purpose of a shared universe. Look at Infinity War. They at least gave an explanation why Ant-Man and Hawkeye were absent.
    That would be a great comparison, if this was a team-up series... but it’s not. If this was Defenders season 2, Punisher wasn’t there and they didn’t explain or acknowledge it, that would be very odd. But this isn’t Defenders, it’s Daredevil. That’s like saying “but, why didn’t Daredevil just ask for Luke Cage to come and assist with Bullseye. He’s the perfect counter, because nothing Bullseye throws at him would break through his skin and he has the strength to easily take him down.” He didn’t call for Luke, Punisher or any of the other defenders, because this is a solo series. Same reason why Punisher didn’t call for Daredevil during Punisher season 1.

TBH, between Matt, Dex, Karen, Foggy, Ray and Fisk... if they’d thrown Frank in there as well, it would have been too much. The season already had so many plots to deal with, throwing more in would have overloaded it.

Also, just to reiterate... we have no idea where Frank is right now, no idea what headspace he’s in... but based on the finale of Punisher S1, there’s a VERY good chance he’s laying low, trying to keep out of trouble.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

God damn. Bullseye is such a fucked up guy, and I love it.

Well this thread just reminded me on what I'll spend the next few hours on.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Season 3 is as good as season 1,both of which are just slightly behind season 2,I enjoyed the whole season.

I loved season 3. D'onofrio is amazing as Fisk, I like the whole cast honestly.

And Marci...goddamn...

Just finished it today and holy shit it was one of the best (if not the best) seasons of a superhero show i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    God damn. Bullseye is such a fucked up guy, and I love it.
    Indeed! The actor playing the part nailed it The episode where they show his childhood through Wilson Fisk reading his files was one the best of the season imo

I find the Kingpin acting insufferable, the way he talk, he way he takes five minutes to deliver three lines of dialog; not to mention his monologues about muh Vanessa.

I ended up fast forwarding most of this scenes.

Dex is very good tho. Talking about Dex, i loled at how easy was for the bad guys to off Julie but somehow they can't kill Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I loved season 3. D'onofrio is amazing as Fisk, I like the whole cast honestly.

And Marci...goddamn...
    Her sex appeal is over 9000, god damn!

Karen is weird. She can look really hot in some scenes, but in other scenes she looks like an old hag. I think is the hair...
    Last edited by dvaz; 2018-10-22 at 04:16 AM.

All i can say is Punisher season 2 has a lot of explaining to do, if Frank was in the city he should have shown up and fixed everything a few episodes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    All i can say is Punisher season 2 has a lot of explaining to do, if Frank was in the city he should have shown up and fixed everything a few episodes in.
    I'm honestly not sure about the timelines on this. The priest said Elektra died "months ago", meaning this takes place somewhat shortly after S2. How far from S2 did The Punisher take place?

I'm honestly not sure about the timelines on this. The priest said Elektra died "months ago", meaning this takes place somewhat shortly after S2. How far from S2 did The Punisher take place?
    i thought he was talking about her second death, if it was the first one, the timeline is even more fucked up lol. Actualy it had to be her second death, as Karen was still a reporter in The Punisher.

The only thing i can think of was that Frank was outside of the city, otherwise Dex and Fisk would be toast the moment he knew.

For people that read the comics... is Foggy the same character? I find him EXTREMELY annoying ever since season 1.

All he does is nag nag nag nag nag

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he’s talking about her “death” alongside Matt, at the end of Defenders. The first scene of this season is almost identical to the Defenders post credit scene.

Also. After seeing how well they handled Bullseye, I REALLY want either the Defenders, or the Heroes for Hire to take on Taskmaster. I’d love to see him translated to live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Pretty sure he’s talking about her “death” alongside Matt, at the end of Defenders. The first scene of this season is almost identical to the Defenders post credit scene.
    Did he know about that though? I'm not sure Matt is the most forthcoming person with new information.

Guess I'll have to rewatch in the near future.