10+ Year Old Account
    Did I forget to mention all the riots here? Oh yea, so many riots.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Actually I view Bush more like Cata.

How I see it:

Reagan is Vanilla Wow: Like there a difference between Reagan the man and the myth there is a difference between the game people think they remember between vanilla wow and what vanilla wow was.

Bush Sr is TBC: Started off with Vanilla in mind but started to move towards what we consider modern wow/modern USA. Just like alot of the stuff we now have in wow started in this era Bush Sr started the stuff that we are still experiencing today like NAFTA.

Clinton is Wrath: At the time people screamed over and over worst ever because it was a difference compared to what they were used to it was fondly remembered for good time with good moments. Though in this era we started some things that would cause major issues later (wow- the grand gear giveaway/homogenization, Clinton- start of diet Republican/beginning of housing crisis later).

Bush Jr is Cata: While had some good moments what a god damn clusterfuck. Like above with Reagan people try to emulate a previous expansion/presidency but didn't translate well because it didn't have the "soul" of the original (Bush didn't have Reagan's charisma, Cata didn't have the charisma of Vanilla). While there was some decent moments (Rag in wow/Bush attempting to heal the nation over 9-11) they both threw away that goodwill with terrible decisions later. Also during this era caused a massive issue that would cause a clusterfuck for expansions/presidency down the road. Wow started the 10v25 raid size debate which caused the great dying of large guilds in this era and Bush caused the War in Iraq, both decisions we are still dealing with today and still divides the "community"

Obama is MOP: EVERYONE HATED IT AND IT WAS THE WORST EVER during the era but later people realized, you know what it wasn't that bad. Sure it wasn't the "greatest" and caused some lingering issues that we still deal with today (droning civilians, "titanforging") it was well respected outside the extremist who are dead set that they hated MOP due to those damn "pandas".

Trump is WOD: Taliesin:"No it was a shitshow"

So naturally our next president will be Legion and at our current rate a good president that still has some issues but will help fix all the stuff wod (Trump) broke.
    I can get behind that analogy. Hopefully this will get cut short and ended at the 1/3 point like WOD was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Did I forget to mention all the riots here? Oh yea, so many riots.
    Perhaps all the riots will stomp out all the fires here in CA.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Apparently Californians are rioting over sanctuary cities.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/twitter-a...055804686.html

Incoming "What he meant was..."
    And this is after the 73 billion who died at Bowling Green.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    and don't forget Sweden
    /s

The saddest part about Bowling Green isn't the countless billions that died but how completely the liberal media and the deep.state hushed it up. Thanks to Hilary Clinton we will never know the truth about the massacre at Bowling Green.

10+ Year Old Account
    Austin hits a Flint-like water crisis and the city gets its first-ever city-wide boil water order.

To ensure destruction of all harmful bacteria and other microbes, water for drinking, cooking and for making ice should be boiled and cooled prior to consumption. The water should be brought to a vigorous, rolling boil for two minutes. You may also use bottled water. State laws require that a Boil Water Notice be issued if a water system has (or could have) become contaminated from water main breaks, loss of system pressure, or results of routine sampling in the system.
    Hey Austin, what do you have to lose?

"Wait wait wait. This can't possibly be from the hurricane. Austin was hit ages ago."

It kinda is. Historic levels of flooding pushed so much dirt and mud into their treatment systems and reservoirs that they're down to about one-third their normal supply. And that historic flooding is caused by...caused by...

"I'm not going to say it."

Figures. Anyhow, Austin joins the ranks of US cities in which tap water is officially unsafe to drink. I understand there's a bunch of bottles of water on a tarmac nearby that might help.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my Muay Thai class today got cancelled because of the the trump cruz rally. Fuck those guys.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...-united-states

"It’s just dangling there in an AP piece. But according to the AP, one of the members of the Saudi hit team made five calls from the consulate that day – four to the head of MBS’s office and one to the United States.This passage is comes a few paragraphs into an AP piece published a short time ago (emphasis added).

The report by Yeni Safak on Monday said Maher Abdulaziz Mutreb, a member of Prince Mohammed’s entourage on trips to the United States, France and Spain this year, made the calls from the consulate. The newspaper said the four calls went to Bader al-Asaker, the head of Prince Mohammed’s office. It said another call went to the United States.

Yeni Safak cited no source for the information. However, pro-government newspapers have been leaking information about Khashoggi’s killing, apparently with the help of Turkish security forces. Yeni Safak reported last week that Saudi officials cut off Khashoggi’s fingers and then decapitated him at the consulate as his fiancée waited outside.

It’s important to remember that these reports are coming from pro-government newspapers in Turkey. The current Turkish government has a terrible record on press freedom. We can’t take any of these leaks at face value. But most of them so far appear to have been accurate, forcing the Saudis to issue a series of damaging bogus cover stories. Who did he call in the US?"

So that's weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/u...efinition.html

"I love the LGBT"

Why do the Republicans keep making this an issue? Someone else's body isn't their fucking business.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    So my Muay Thai class today got cancelled because of the the trump cruz rally. Fuck those guys.
    ...you are the OP? Who...who are you? ;D

- - - Updated - - -

"I love the LGBT"

Why do the Republicans keep making this an issue? Someone else's body isn't their fucking business.
    And here dies the last glimmer of hope for the idea I might do my PhD in the US...

10+ Year Old Account

"I love the LGBT"

Trump administration eyes writing transgender people ‘out of existence’ : https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...er-republican/
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post

And here dies the last glimmer of hope for the idea I might do my PhD in the US...

You could go to a liberal state, like california or NY?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trump administration eyes writing transgender people ‘out of existence’ : https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...er-republican/
    Jordan Evans, 27, is a town constable and an elected library trustee in Charlton, Mass.

She’s a Republican, as are most of the people in her hometown, a rural community where about 54 percent of voters cast their ballots for Donald Trump in 2016. Evans is also transgender, as are about 1 million other adult Americans, according to rough estimates. Few combine the two identities. Evans is believed to be the lone openly transgender elected Republican — “my cross to bear,” as she puts it.
    Evans said the new move would be “shortsighted of the administration.” The country is growing more accepting of transgender people, she said, as the president is moving the government in the opposite direction. “As a Republican, it’s disgusting to see my party continue to push these types of things through in a world that’s changing. If we don’t change with the world, we are ultimately going to lose.”
    She's upset with this not because it's ethically and morally reprehensible...but because her party won't win in the future.

Yeah, to hell with her. Hopefully she and her kind are the ones to suffer from this the most.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    ...you are the OP? Who...who are you? ;D

- - - Updated - - -

No one famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    She's upset with this not because it's ethically and morally reprehensible...but because her party won't win in the future.

Yeah, to hell with her. Hopefully she and her kind are the ones to suffer from this the most.
    Oh yea, wasn't commenting on her so much as what Trump & Co are looking at doing.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You could go to a liberal state, like california or NY?
    Could I? I don't think I would feel much safer.^^ Would there be much of a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Oh yea, wasn't commenting on her so much as what Trump & Co are looking at doing.
    Yeah, I am just appalled with LGBT Republicans in general.

I just don't know how they can support a party that hates them, even as I am not surprised they do.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account

I hope so too.

- - - Updated - - -

Could I? I don't think I would feel much safer.^^ Would there be much of a difference?
    Difference like day and night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I am just appalled with LGBT Republicans in general.

I just don't know how they can support a party that hates them, even as I am not surprised they do.
    The Republicans more and more remind me of when Homer ran for office. "I hate the public so much Moe, if only they'd vote for me, then I'd make them all pay!"

-Kujako-