Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't think their continued existence is too hard to justify. I'm enjoying the "narrative" of an alliance NE demon hunter - Having defeated the Legion, he was doubting his allegiance and purpose until the Teldrassil was destroyed, after which he saw the Horde as the major threat to Azeroth.

Of course, I also went with Altruis in Legion, preferring the "honorable, we-aren't-all-illidan" angle over the "succeed at all costs" that Kayn prefers, and protecting innocents from evil through a fight-fire-with-fire approach fits pretty well.

Questing through Drustvar as a DH is basically like RP'ing a Witcher, hunting monsters as a monster yourself.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, nothing about the dh should ever be forced to come into contact with the faction war. the illidari don't play this stupid fucking game.

i really wish they would not have gone into faction war, it's so goddamned idiotic.
    They still have a place. DHs did what they did to protect Azeroth. With the Legion gone there's still threats to Azeroth, mainly in the shape of sylvanas right now and the Old Gods soon. I don't know about horde DHs though.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

In clearing Hellfire the last few weeks I noticed there is gear there specifically for Demon hunter... that's weird since it was before they were ingame?

what does the military vets do when there's no war.... so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    what does the military vets do when there's no war.... so out of place.
    Probably look for a way back in time to the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    frankly i'm just using the legion transmogs for demon hunters.
    I've mostly stuck with the Mythic T19 + epic DH starter shoulders and belt. I have been trying to farm Mythic T20 too now that we're in BfA

So he looks like this
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...8B53808B54808N

The new sets and items don't really mesh well with them, sadly.
    That's another reason why I absolutely detest not having class tier sets anymore. I hope I'm wrong but classes like Death Knights and Demon hunters will never get any new armour unless there is another Scourge / Legion raid which is looking pretty unlikely.

Meh. The lore is already a mess. DH don't make sense in the current xpac? Maybe not, but then again, it doesn't make sense either for paladins or priests to be fighting each other after they banded together in Legion (perhaps the same could be said for other classes, but I think that those 3 are the ones that -lore wise- shouldn't give a crap about Horde and Alliance fighting).

So yeah...they're a bit out of context and maybe Blizzard should think of some lore explanation as to why they're still there, but frankly, it doesn't even matter at this point.

A little off topic, but Horde druids seemed to be quite okay with burning a world tree.

Well Demon Hunters accomplished their main mission in the last expansion.
    Their are leaderless once again, as Illidan has sealed himself with Sargeras as his Warden.
    With their mission accomplished, i guess it is time for them to return back home, aka Silvermoon and ... Darnassus? Oops, i guess Night Elf DH already have a new mission to accomplish, and probably won't forgive their blood elf DH partners for accepting Sylvanas deeds and do nothing.

So there you go. Demon Hunters no have a new mission: aiding their people in their times of need, as the legion has been defeated.

BTW: Shouldn't Demon Hunters get a 3rd spec, the warden spec, as clearly the hunted become the hunters? the wardens and demon hunters worked closely together to defeat the LEgion, and as both groups lost quite a lot of followers, i guess the wardens could teach them their ways as well as demon hunters no longer are their enemies, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    A little off topic, but Horde druids seemed to be quite okay with burning a world tree.
    Yes, Tauren and Horde Druids look much more out of place inside the horde rather than demon hunters in the BfA content. I fully agree.