Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    As soon as I learned that Raider.io now allows setting profiles to private, I did that immediately. I also did the same for Warcraftlogs.

The strange thing is: I really don't do Mythic+s. I do, however M0, for fun. I decided to block Raider.io and Warcraftlogs mainly because I don't feel comfortable that it's a norm for people to inspect my performance via 3-rd party addons. I prefer to keep that data to myself.

Who else is in that club? Do you use Raider.io? Did you block it as well?
    I would too - if I was subbed, that is. But GJ m8

I was running only guild groups anyway, so !@#$ cancer.io.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't pug, problem solved.

I rather quit the game before I pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

But manually going into the settings to disable your scores from the addon quite literally just signals that you are ashamed of being casual. I would be inclined to believe that ANYONE that cares about this addon will disregard people with hidden scores even quicker than ones with lower scores.

Last expansion I had atrocious m+ scores because I just did my weekly +15 and then sold +15 boosts for the remainder of the week. Having cleared the highest level content while it was current for many years in a row I knew that I am still a better player than the people religiously staring at the scores, and I was making money from selling the keys done on time instead of pushing +20's. For intellectually non-hindered players, it's always been common knowledge that m+ score on Raider.io means nothing and does in no way at all reflect a players skill or experience.

Finally, what others have said - why hide the score if you don't participate in the content at all?

The point of io is to have a score that in which to judge a persons experience in mythics. I admit that I am not a fan of how the scores are given but the idea is there. You boasting about making it private is hypocritical of you even downloading the addon. Unless you like to circle jerk to a private io score, I dont understand why you are taking this stance. If you truly didnt care you wouldnt involve yourself in the system.

The Problem with it is how it works. There is a leaderboard (made by blizzard) per realm per dungeon with 500 slots. Only the best runs are listed here.
    So if you're playing on a high pop realm you either do +12 or more, or do your run on weekly reset, or maybe the day after in the first hours of that day. After that you get 0 score. I only have time to do a few M+ on weekend, but then the boards are already full.

If there would be a way to properly add my runs into the list, i would try to improve my score, or atleast filling up the 4 or 5 dungeons that are still missing.
    But relying on another player in this group from a low pop realm, while having made the bad decision of playing feral, having low score because of the reasons above and trying to find a group for higher keys.... an ilvl of 377 doesn't help here
    (making my own group doesn't work for some reason, even after being queued for hours no one shows up)

As long as it works how it does, relying that score below +11 is more than stupid, but still people often require 800+ for a +7 dungeon? +7 in all dungeons would be a bit more than 700 points!
    But setting your profile on private doesn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    people wont inspect you in lower keys etc. so no need to hide it.
    I mean, I am not going to hide my, but your argument is basically the same as saying "I don't care if Google and Facebook track everything I do, I have nothing to hide"

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean, I am not going to hide my, but your argument is basically the same as saying "I don't care if Google and Facebook track everything I do, I have nothing to hide"
    Very good point.

If it was possible, I would make my battle.net profile private. Perhaps Blizzard will add that option some day. I already have the chance to set my Facebook posts to friend-only. Why don't I have the same options to make my WoW progress guild-only?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Iirc if your run didn't appear in top 100 runs of your server raider.io can't track it. So tough luck if you are playing on high pop competitive realm
    I don't understand this part. How is it that people can obtain scores at all with this in effect? Your ilvl 350 boomkin next door who only completed M+3 twice has a score of 250 or something, while a +3 in time shouldn't make it to the server top 10000 runs.

So if a +6 and +8 does NOT get registered, how in the hell does that boomkin get a score with a +3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, never used Raider.io, never will.

I don't have problems getting in groups because I'm a Tank and Healer main, we don't seem to be sent away much.

If they can't find an answer without Raider.io, then I am worried about a fail group.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    I really don't do Mythic+s.
    Quote Originally Posted by SolSphere View Post
    Help me understand your point a little more though. You say you prefer this data to be private, but you also say you don't really run Mythic + so why does it matter that the data is private? You have no data to show if you don't run them. Does it just make you feel a certain kind of way that people can see what you do or don't do? Does that matter? I don't understand your point here.
    Well, they just added Uldir raid progression, so I expect a lot more QQ from people that were used to lying about that and counting on the Raid Lead to be too lazy to verify.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-10-24 at 01:36 PM.

R.io is trash. Aotc on two toons and because I barely have any m+ my score is pathetic.

Raid should count more than all the m+ added together. It's not dungeoneer.io.

I don't do m+ it's not raiding. I'm a raider. I like to clear in one night or two. Rest of the time I'm a be leveling, it farming old content.

Not gonna run every m+ on reset to push score.
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2018-10-24 at 01:37 PM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I didn't I usually just make a group where I make it abundantly clear that I don't care about what their raider.io is as long as they aren't idiots.

Whats the point?
    Now it will be even harder for you to get in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Fuck Raider.io.
    I did a Motherlode +8 and a Shrine of the Storm +8 hoping to be done with it and that crappy site score. Turns out Raider.io forgot I actually ran that content. At first I thought it just had to update the page still, but then I did a +10 ToS and it showed.
    So I still have +5 both in Mother and Shrine listed there and I'd rather level another char to 120 than slog through them again.
    If people are gonna regard a site like it's a Book of Truths, it better work.
    they explain this on their site too, you know
    The Blizzard Mythic+ Leaderboard/API only includes runs that are ranked in the Top 500 weekly runs for each dungeon and realm. Your run must rank within the Top 500 of any member's realm for our system to track it.

nothing wrong with raider.io.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    The Problem with it is how it works. There is a leaderboard (made by blizzard) per realm per dungeon with 500 slots. Only the best runs are listed here.
    So if you're playing on a high pop realm you either do +12 or more, or do your run on weekly reset, or maybe the day after in the first hours of that day. After that you get 0 score. I only have time to do a few M+ on weekend, but then the boards are already full.

If there would be a way to properly add my runs into the list, i would try to improve my score, or atleast filling up the 4 or 5 dungeons that are still missing.
    But relying on another player in this group from a low pop realm, while having made the bad decision of playing feral, having low score because of the reasons above and trying to find a group for higher keys.... an ilvl of 377 doesn't help here
    (making my own group doesn't work for some reason, even after being queued for hours no one shows up)

As long as it works how it does, relying that score below +11 is more than stupid, but still people often require 800+ for a +7 dungeon? +7 in all dungeons would be a bit more than 700 points!
    But setting your profile on private doesn't work either.
    Just wanted to say, I totally agree with you here.

The RIO system is not a bad system in theory. I've played with the shockingly bad pug players, I've had smooth runs when I was able to join higher RIO groups in the past.

But the "gating" of top 500 runs means that, in practice, it is a complete fucking dumpster fire of a system. If I 3-chested ten different +9s this week, it wouldn't add anything to my score. How the actual fuck am I supposed to climb my RIO rating now? And "make your own group" is a bad answer, no one has time to wait 45-60 minutes to invite people, and guild members aren't always available, especially now that people log on less.

Either Blizz fixes their leaderboard API or we need a new third party system in place.

Deleted
    Raider.Io is cancer for the game.It doesnt work,doesnt update unless you do top 100 or 500.So if you are on high populated server your runs wont be recorded and it wont show your highest key done unless it meets requirements like being in top.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Iirc if your run didn't appear in top 100 runs of your server raider.io can't track it. So tough luck if you are playing on high pop competitive realm
    thats the biggest issue of raider.io, it should somehow scan ingame not onsite.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have no active guild and no active friends left. i am rather solo in this game.

M0 is really easy and the highest i did in BfA was +3. do i have enough gear and skill to do +5-8? most definitely. would reward me enough gear to strive for the higher ones over time. but as a DK i have to snipe as much groups as possible and mostly give up after about 45 minutes. building a group and leading it isn't my skillset and i don't need the input from long-time group formers "that it isn't that hard, just open a group and invite everybody".

but being a DK isn't the only problem. raider.io is. why do i have to get judged by an addon i don't even use and which tells things about me without seeing the context? jeez, i did so much stuff since vanilla and killed a lot of hard content in 40 and 25 raiding. now i'm being singled out due to a number from some addon? and how should i improve? putting up the rest of my money for a carry so i could pimp that number? yeah, no. this thing may die asap.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    thats the biggest issue of raider.io, it should somehow scan ingame not onsite.
    The Blizzard api is the only reliably trusted source. The client and the player's computer can not be trusted.