Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

[8.1 spoilers] Flippity Floppity when will it stoppity.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news=288121/...story-spoilers

Halford Wyrmbane says: My king, the attack on Zuldazar was a resounding success.
    Master Mathias Shaw says: The Horde is losing on all fronts. The Alliance should achieve victory in a matter of weeks.
    Anduin Wrynn says: Yes, but at what cost? So many fallen... including Mekkatorque, whose life hangs by a thread. And I fear the death of Rastakhan will ignite a fire in the hearts of the Zandalari.
    Genn Greymane says: He was a casualty of war, Anduin. A king must be willing to sacrifice himself for his people without doubt or hesitation.
    Anduin Wrynn says: I know that, Genn... as well as anyone.
    Anduin Wrynn says: But our mission was to drive a wedge between the Zandalari and the Horde. Instead, we may have strengthened their bond.
    Halford Wyrmbane says: More than half the Zandalari vessels were destroyed in the initial strike, and the Horde fleet is in disarray. Their remaining ships cannot hope to stand against the Kul Tiran navy.
    Genn Greymane says: The Horde has never been more vulnerable. We should strike hard... before Sylvanas hatches another vile scheme.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Press the attack as the Zandalari mourn their fallen king? That would make us no better than the Banshee.
    Master Mathias Shaw says: She's the real problem here. I imagine she is already finding ways to turn this to her advantage.
    Anduin Wrynn says: We must continue the fight. But as we push towards victory, we must never lose sight of who we are and what we stand for.
    Remember when we thought that was an Anduin line? Guess which insane asylum-escaping bipolar witch is flip-flopping again!

Jaina’s many flip flops.
    WC3-Wrath: “The Horde are alright”
    Cata: “Let’s invade the Barrens”
    MoP Pre-patch: “I hate the Hor- Oh wait, now they’re okay again.”
    5.1 to the end of MOP: “I hate the Horde”
    Warcrimes: “The Horde are alright”
    WoD: “I’ll reluctantly help this Horde hero empower their ring to defeat a common enemy and pwn Alliance noobs in Ashran”
    Legion: “No way I’ll work with the Horde to defeat a common enemy”
    BfA: “I still hate the Horde but now I’m not sad that I let daddy die”
    8.1: “Attacking the Horde while they’re demoralised would be immoral! #Hordelivesmatter”

She really is the most inconsistent character we’ve ever had to put up with.

It's rather sad. Golden has a new avatar it seems and Jaina is gonna become so politically correct it makes everyone uncomfortable.

She is a naive character and never really hated the Horde, but it's certain assets like Garrosh Hellscream. When you put her "flops" in that simple way then sure - smells like a fart. There is more to it tho and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Jaina really reminds me of master from fallout.

JOIN
    DIE
    JOIN
    DIE

All she needs is having 3-4 voices changinig all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news=288121/...story-spoilers

Remember when we thought that was an Anduin line? Guess which insane asylum-escaping bipolar witch is flip-flopping again!

Jaina’s many flip flops.
    WC3-Wrath: “The Horde are alright”
    Cata: “Let’s invade the Barrens”
    MoP Pre-patch: “I hate the Hor- Oh wait, now they’re okay again.”
    5.1 to the end of MOP: “I hate the Horde”
    WoD: “I’ll reluctantly help this Horde hero empower their ring to defeat a common enemy and pwn Alliance noobs in Ashran”
    Legion: “No way I’ll work with the Horde to defeat a common enemy”
    BfA: “I still hate the Horde but now I’m not sad that I let daddy die”
    8.1: “Attacking the Horde while they’re demoralised would be immoral! #Hordelivesmatter”

She really is the most inconsistent character we’ve ever had to put up with.
    like i said man.

the alliance has no teeth and the horde has no knockout punch.

at this point we might as well wash our hands off this wierdness and get ready to join forces in defeating the next evil bad.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

That's not really flip flopping though? They're at war, sure, but she's not a bloodthirsty warmonger with no understanding about what it means to mourn the fallen. Not wanting to be as heartless as the Banshee herself is a fairly solid argument for acting like she does.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    She is a naive character and never really hated the Horde, but it's certain assets like Garrosh Hellscream. When you put her "flops" in that simple way then sure - smells like a fart. There is more to it tho and you know it.
    With Sylvanas as warchief showing any kind of lenience could be disastrous, they already know what she is capable of, the Alliance should aim to win this war, not tip toeing around with sentiments they can't really afford, when facing someone who has no problems wiping entire nations off the map.

Deleted
    What you have to keep in mind is that Jaina is only in her mid-30s and has still had to deal with some of the most harrowing experiences imaginable, so her mental state isn't always the most stable it's possible for one to be. I don't think she's quite been "right" since having to watch Arthas descend into madness after buggering off to Northrend chasing Mal'ganis, and having to watch Theramore being bombed just made things worse.

I'm looking forward to 8.3 where we destroy each other unwittingly on a blood seal of sacrifice to N'zoth this freeing him for the glorious old god expansion where the horde and alliance are in shambles

"That would make us no better than..." is the biggest fuckin' bullshit cop out story crutch these writers use, jesus

5+ Year Old Account
    *Reminder that the Zandalari have not officially joined the Horde yet*

Also:
    "MoP Pre-patch: “I hate the Hor- Oh wait, now they’re okay again.”
    Um, nope.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

What? Where did she say anything like that in the book?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    *Reminder that the Zandalari have not officially joined the Horde yet*

Also:
    "MoP Pre-patch: “I hate the Hor- Oh wait, now they’re okay again.”
    Um, nope.
    Look at the context of the conversation. It’s about attacking the Horde.
    Secondly, yup. Read the book and look at her portrayal in the early stages of 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    What? Where did she say anything like that in the book?
    At the end when Mr.Chicken resurrects her and she revives her Thrall friendship. Again.

I remember when people used to say that Golden was good writer.

This is what happens when she gains massive influence over something.

Maybe since reconciling with her mother and reuniting Kul'tiras with the Alliance, she is no longer angry at herself, the Horde and life. I mean, yeah, she flip flops to hilarious degrees but that is more Blizzard's lack of following a concise narrative with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazes me how a character with such violent personality shifts still retains a fanbase. It really sucks that Blizzard hired Golden, and that this happens to be her favorite character. What's worse is her political agenda being shoehorned into the writing.

Really want Jaina to just be done with after BfA. I could tolerate hating her for being dilligently anti-Horde, with all its hypocrisy. I could also tolerate her being a neutral nobody, whose main purpose was to whine. I cannot tolerate this flip-flopping nonsense we've had for the past several expansions, which is only getting worse as she gets utilised more and more in the story.

At the end when Mr.Chicken resurrects her and she revives her Thrall friendship. Again.
    Don't blame this shit on me. :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

5+ Year Old Account
    Look at the context of the conversation. It’s about attacking the Horde.
    Secondly, yup. Read the book and look at her portrayal in the early stages of 5.1.
    She never states the Horde are 'okay again'. Whilst she does not plan to actively attack, she is very mistrustful of them and warns Anduin (5.1).
    She feels pity for the Zandalari, not the Horde (8.1) - which makes no sense as Alliance to attack them, Jaina's feelings do not have power over how the faction would engage.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Quotes would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I remember when people used to say that Golden was good writer.

This is what happens when she gains massive influence over something.
    She was all right with Rise of the Lich King but I agree, she should have never been given any sort of official role as part of the lore team. Then again, Chris Metzen had already lost all inspiration and/or just didn't care. Cataclysm, Mists and Warlords were terrible. Mists was lucky to have really good content rollout but the Garrosh story had mixed response and the Asian theme for 2.5 years was overbearing.