Poll: What suggestions do you like?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't want to play a human in a fantasy game because I am one in real life. Gnome voices annoy me. In fact, gnomes in general annoy me. I'm tired of elves. I'm not at all interested in playing a blue skinned devil creature. Dwarves are cool. I would play one if they weren't forced to be aligned with all of the lames.

Orcs are awesome. Incredible Hulk. Trolls are great. Rasta mon. Who doesn't love cows? Undead that can take a beating and never lose a single body part? Sign me up. I just ignore the elves.

All of these are merely my opinions, but they are the reasons why I play or not play whatever I choose to play or not play.

None of these. This is not a pvp game, never has been a pvp game, real pvp'ers don't play this game, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    I don't want to play a human in a fantasy game because I am one in real life. Gnome voices annoy me. In fact, gnomes in general annoy me. I'm tired of elves. I'm not at all interested in playing a blue skinned devil creature. Dwarves are cool. I would play one if they weren't forced to be aligned with all of the lames.

Orcs are awesome. Incredible Hulk. Trolls are great. Rasta mon. Who doesn't love cows? Undead that can take a beating and never lose a single body part? Sign me up. I just ignore the elves.

All of these are merely my opinions, but they are the reasons why I play or not play whatever I choose to play or not play.
    Pretty much this here.

You guys can keep blaming racials all you want, but even if my Orc was the only race without one, i'd still have selected Horde in 2009 when i did, and still would've gone Orc, its just that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Wow is a video game, video games are for the most part designed for children. The majority of horde players are either children or less successful immature adults... These results are not surprising.. nothing needs changed the game is working as intended, it attracts children
    This is patently false. A poor attempt at trolling. It also shows your own immaturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Because not everyone is aware of the situation, has made that choice consciously, might be heavily invested (i.e. time-wise) into developing characters, and there is an artificial barrier to having fun in the game caused by their faction being underrepresented. If you want to have a career in ice hockey, do you pick Canada or Egypt for your place to live? What about those who had to do an uninformed choice because they had no way of knowing that it would be a concern, and only later realised that this issue actually exists?

Saying "/thread" will not make the issue go away, no matter how cool mic-drops are.
    Being alliance or horde has nothing to do with ice-hockey. Or are you suggesting you can change from non-worldcup team to a worldcup team by paying fiddy?
    On a more serious note. If people want to switch, they can. There is no need to fix something that aint broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Granted I was old-school Horde and Illidan was my server. People really had no choice. Racials were better overall for PVE so all the best raid guilds went Horde. Then all the feeder guilds went Horde. Then all the scrub guilds went Horde. Now basically everybody who PVE's seriously is Horde because all the biggest and best guilds are Horde.
    Everyone can level a new character or pay for race change, if they so choose. the tools are right there. There is no reason to offer freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    As of today, 12 of the top 15 realms/servers are horde dominate. Um... wow.

Ive read a lot of suggestions and thought I would add a poll for some of these suggestions.

If you have a suggestion, what would you recommend Blizzard should do to help balance?

Not as funny as Hall of Fame Uldir stats: when Horde finished their 100 worldwide leaderboard, Alliance just finished top 10 spots.
    Free faction swap right before new raid tier will fix this fast, my not-top-10-mythic-but-cleared-ghuun-already friends on horde side had talks about it because they've missed Hall of Fame by a day or two.

Deleted
    Do the bleeding heart Alliance players here realize that most WoW demographic websites indicate the overall faction populations across US and EU combined are actually 52% Alliance and 48% Horde? That's about as close to balanced as you're going to get. And Alliance is actually ahead.

This is overall balance, not just a select few servers.

Of course, when we look at PvE and PvP statistics, it's Horde all over. Alliance just don't show up.

So if Alliance are the most populated faction, but Horde somehow dominate both PvE and PvP...what exactly do the Alliance specialize in? Pet battles?

Quote Originally Posted by TykaineJ View Post
    Do the bleeding heart Alliance players here realize that most WoW demographic websites indicate the overall faction populations across US and EU combined are actually 52% Alliance and 48% Horde? That's about as close to balanced as you're going to get. And Alliance is actually ahead.

Of course, when we look at PvE and PvP statistics, it's Horde all over. Alliance just don't show up.

So if Alliance are the most populated faction, but Horde somehow dominate both PvE and PvP...what exactly do the Alliance specialize in? Pet battles?
    More casual players are Alliance, obviously.
    M+ and raids are still the minority of players.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Why do people act like there's anything to fix? People have a choice, they made it. Why try to balance it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I honestly don't believe this at all.

Faction imbalance is due to OP racials and the move of top raid teams to the Horde side during BC and Wrath. People followed where they thought the best players were. What they got aesthetically was a faction where mostly blood elves live in a squalor of wood, leather, bone spikes and haphazardly riveted steel.
    since wrath to legion you had the majority of the pvp player base on the alliance that gives them a healthy pool of players for other activities, but now that barrier is gone you are now suffering the same as we did.

sure the top guild in pve were horde, but not all guilds were top pvers not even close and the alliance raiding guilds at the past were a good number, not as lacking as today.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Free faction change with realm migration if H--->A, High Elves(Paladin, Warrior, Mage, Priest, Monk, Hunter, Rogue, Druid**)**Give 'em Druid and make some shit up about taking in the Night Elves and learning from their culture**. No Warlock and no DK because they are super hippy now and hate demonic/necrotic magic blah blah blah.

Couple that with Warmode having an incentive until the factions right themselves would solve the problem hands down.
    Even with a free faction change, there are many people like me that just don't want to play on the alliance, no matter what they do to entice us to do so. There are also many people like me that don't care to ever turn on war mode, no matter how much incentive they throw at it. People were given a choice: Horde or Alliance. The majority chose Horde. There's nothing Blizzard or anyone else can do about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give Gnomes to Horde. Totally fixes everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Dominant. Dominate is a verb. People really need to cut this crap out.
    ^ this
    also battlegroups? rearrange battlegroups? wth is OP talking about

Alliance, from a lore and story standpoint, are boring. Too squeaky clean, too vanilla, and anything that could be done to make them more interesting would cause the playerbase to freak out. This notion that the playerbase is worried about the top guilds is crap, noone cares but the try hards.

Quote Originally Posted by TykaineJ View Post
    Being on one of those server groups where your faction is in a significant minority is a downright awful experience. Like Mal'ganis on the screenshot the OP provided at just 97 Alliance - Can you imagine how hard it would be to put together a guild there? You'd probably even be lucky to get a 10 man raid together, let alone be able to take on harder content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi View Post
    Why do people act like there's anything to fix? People have a choice, they made it. Why try to balance it?
    In some cases people made their choice almost 14 years ago. You can't fault them for not knowing how their server demographics were going to look in 2018. To suggest that people have chosen to be on massively skewed realms is completely inaccurate.

Besides, long term players tend to be entrenched where they are - They're on a realm with all their friends, their long time guild and so on. Convincing players like that to either transfer to a new realm, change faction or to reroll somewhere requires getting all of them in on the idea. They're probably more likely to decide just to quit playing rather than pick up everything and start again somewhere new.

If current trends continue, we're going to end up with the situation where 95+% of the player base is Horde. I expect that would totally ruin the current Alliance vs Horde story that's being set up going forwards.
    Last edited by StrawberryZebra; 2018-10-25 at 02:02 PM.

Who gives a fuck about yanks

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Who gives a fuck about yanks
    It's 13 to 2 for the EU.

1st thing to be done is to nerf shadowmeld ...is 2 op in raids encounter...

Right now 142 Horde guilds with 8/8 Alliance at 30....
    Just imagine that in top 50 horde guild 14 of them we're alliance...aswell Method/ScrubBuster ...and plenty of them...

Pve racials??
    5% Stamina for Tauren...best tank racial..
    1% increase dmg with bow...Berzeking and ...5% dmg on beast.... 2 much power there..from Trolls.. now compete this setup as an n elf with either 1% crit or 1% haste.... and shadowmeld.... Epicness...

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Stop making Alliance look like naive disney princesses (Delete Anduin,idc how and why just do it).Boom fixed ,next...
    That's not gonna do a damn thing.

The only way to get them to switch back is give an alliance race stupidly good pve racials.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

EU only has like Ravencrest and silvermoon on ally haha...Glad I moved to Ravencrest!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO