Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    You mean like Gnomes? That had their homeland irradiated, quite a bit of their population turned into Leper Gnomes and now live spread amongst the other races of the Alliance instead of in their own settlements?
    The gnomes make up 20% of their original race and were made playable the moment wow hit. They also together and have a district in Ironforge large enough to call a town, their racial leader, a city they're actively retaking(or retook) and irradiated populace that they're trying to cure.

The High Elves who are spread out, only make up 1% of the original population and have used what military force they have to support the Silver Covenant. They had no racial leader, they have no districts(unless you count Dalaran), no city to retake and no... population to cure(I mean they tried to cure their brethren with death a few times).
    So unless the High Elves population was 20 times that of the gnomes, logically the Gnomes have a bigger population and more going for them.

Also Blizzard has also addressed the High Elves and Gnomes, saying that
    In short, High Elves are not playable because there are very few true "High Elves" left -- far less so than Gnomes.
    And where do more Void Elves come from? Oh, that's right High Elves. If there's enough High Elves to maintain a Void Elf population then there's enough High Elves to support a High Elf playable race.
    No! More High Elves AND Blood Elves. Like I said before, their population doesn't need to be as big to be a playable race. They were made playable the moment they were added, for the sole purpose of being an allied race. And their a race completely made up of people willing and able to fight. You can literally say their population is 100 and it still works, because 100% of that is all fighters and blizzard doesn't have to worry about if they've put too many in the game because of previously established lore.

I'm sorry, but unless blizzard does away with logic, you're not getting High Elves. AND the fact that Blizzard is using High Elves to bolster the Void Elves means they're actively moving away from that ever being a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    The part where the fucker killed an entire Forsaken warship's crew to empower himself makes them a piss poor option for the horde, even with the reckless bullshit the undead are doing the San'layn aren't a fit.
    Some warship crew sacraficed for power? Who cares? Is this the alliance?

Illidan sacraficed people all the day for power, yet we got the illidari and a hero class coming with it.

What was your argument again? Horde not following Thralls honor code under Sylvannas rulership?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Some warship crew sacraficed for power? Who cares? Is this the alliance?

Illidan sacraficed people all the day for power, yet we got the illidari and a hero class coming with it.

What was your argument again? Horde not following Thralls honor code under Sylvannas rulership?
    Don't forget Greymane sacrificed the Alliance army and their airships for "muh revenge" during a world ending invasion xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I don’t really see how they’re different to a Blood Elf Blood Death Knight.
    easy, different eye colour!

Different racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Don't forget Greymane sacrificed the Alliance army and their airships for "muh revenge" during a world ending invasion xD
    How exactly is attacking and losing an airbattle considered a 'sacrifice'?
    Unless he had something to gain from losing the battle at the Stormheim coast, it was.. just a fight the airship lost.
    Also airships? Plural? What?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Ive sofar played through the entire Horde war campaign after finishing the Alliance War campaign and..
    Unless I missed something, there is *no mention at all* about the San'layn to the horde player, is there?

It's like Sylvanas is explicitely not telling a large fraction of the Horde about her new bloodsucking friends.
    She tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    She tried.
    When? Where? In what way? I didn't see or hear nothing, and my horde alt is Forsaken, even!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    San'layn would have been cool, but seems like the alliance war campaign went ahead and cockblocked us.
    As for vulpera, i really want to know which character it is that is going to invite them into the horde. So far i'm still thinking we'll get the whole "each faction will invite an allied race in" thing, and I'm sure we'll get some undead 2.0 allied race, just not sure what that'll be.
    I rather think San'layns attempts to join the horde, just got timegated by the alliance war campaign efforts or they simply rally with the current LK again, maybe he sended them to the horde in the first place, since he does not like "light/holy" as he said in legion, thus is opposed to anduin. But thats pure speculation...

San'layns don't stay dead for too long, and have better survivability than high elves or void elves for sure.

And the blood queen lana'thel - we did not even take her head or any organs, put a stake through her heart or burn her. Why on earth should she be dead/dead, when there are still San'layns survivers, who could bring her back?

Actually blizz could do whatever they want in this case, there are no restriction, just people loving/hating stuff.

Is there really any need to have another shade of Belves in the Horde? I don't think so... And, IMHO, there's no need to waste resources and artists' time on stuff like that either, when they could improve Belven customisation w/o spreading stuff thinly across multiple versions of Belves across two factions.

And Blizz have already said that they weren't going to rework DK starting experience in the foreseeable future.

WoW char customisation is still outdated af, it's outdated back in 2004 when WoW's predecessors had better/more options and flexibility, and it's almost 2019 now. There's many more things they should work on rather than adding meaningless allied races that only hurt original races because none of their options are made available to those, and in some cases entire allied races could be turned into a set of additional customisation options for original races.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-10-25 at 08:12 AM.

How exactly is attacking and losing an airbattle considered a 'sacrifice'?
    Unless he had something to gain
    uhh... revenge?

Also airships? Plural? What?
    whoops meant aircrafts. 4am here xD
    I know the book uses the plural for one of them when talking about what Genn lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    But this time around it would make sense for a hero class to be an allied race.

I think its not right, to restricting players so much - and lets face it, dks are no longer a hero class anymore. ;>
    You can be smug when it happens. Which it won't.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    and 'undead night elf' Allied race is? You understand 'dark ranger' isn't a bloody race, right? 'Undead night elf' as an allied race is beyond retarded. For one, they aren't being randomly raised, they are being specifically turned into dark rangers, and I'm pretty fucking sure there are more canon Night Elf DKs, undead night elves than whatever Nathanos' shitsucking ass pulls out of Darkshore.

So no, you're wrong. A Dark Ranger *hero* class is a much more realistic fit than a fucking 'undead night elf' allied race. Especially since it is another ranged, has themed abilities, will be a mail class, and you have races on both factions for it along with a new, albeit disgusting primer in the lore. You also have two clear class leaders for each faction, Nathanos on Horde and Delaryn on Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

when did they ever fight the scourge?

Dark Ranger as a class will never happen, wait as long as you'd like, but it's never gonna happen, LUL.

Dead elves on the horde side though? Yeah, I'd say it's likely with the way Sylvanas is going

The gnomes make up 20% of their original race and were made playable the moment wow hit.
    They also together and have a district in Ironforge large enough to call a town
    Have you even been to Ironforge? The "Gnomish District" is little more than a room. Seriously, there are houses bigger than Tinker Town in WoW, maybe the next playable race can be the Waycrest family? There are more High Elves in Dalaran than there are Gnomes in Ironforge.

The High Elves who are spread out, only make up 1% of the original population and have used what military force they have to support the Silver Covenant.
    So you're saying there's already an entire faction of militant High Elves in game? Sound like you just justified them being classified as one of your "hero races".
    Also, you realize Blood Elves are only 9% of the original High Elf population right?
    They had no racial leader, they have no districts(unless you count Dalaran), no city to retake and no... population to cure(I mean they tried to cure their brethren with death a few times).
    The Alliance High Elves have plenty of dramatis personae that can be promoted to faction leader, Vereesa Windrunner chief among them.

No! More High Elves AND Blood Elves. Like I said before, their population doesn't need to be as big to be a playable race. They were made playable the moment they were added, for the sole purpose of being an allied race. And their a race completely made up of people willing and able to fight. You can literally say their population is 100 and it still works, because 100% of that is all fighters and blizzard doesn't have to worry about if they've put too many in the game because of previously established lore.

I'm sorry, but unless blizzard does away with logic, you're not getting High Elves. AND the fact that Blizzard is using High Elves to bolster the Void Elves means they're actively moving away from that ever being a possibility.
    This is just nonsense Blizzard fanboyism. To begin with Blood Elves ARE High Elves after the Naaru cleansed them of fel addiction at the end of BC. If there are Blood Elves willing to defect to the Alliance, and Blood Elves leaving the Horde to join the Void Elves proves that there are, then there are also Blood Elves willing to defect from the Horde but remain High Elves, bolstering the Alliance's High Elf population.

10+ Year Old Account
    uhh... revenge?

whoops meant aircrafts. 4am here xD
    I know the book uses the plural for one of them when talking about what Genn lost.
    Unless he had something to gain *from losing*. Thats what sacrificing something means.

Unless he had something to gain *from losing*. Thats what sacrificing something means.
    He lost his people and he pissed off Sylvanas. He is happy now. This is sacrifice.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

void elf male: Oh goody, another elf...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Anderson View Post
    Wasn't even the first time it was brought up in this thread, see also;

Plus, I saw it on YouTube so it must be true. Why would someone lie on the internet? Right?
    If it wasn't Asmongold then it's not true.

Also. No. Let's just keep the Allied Races to one per re-used rig.

I think, there must be the San'layn as new allied race for the horde.(they joined them in BfA)

And DKs would fit as an allied race class this time around.

Lets pretend, BfAs bad class design never existed and DKs would still be popular, people would possibly be hyped about it?!
    Weren't the San'layn wiped out in this expansion. Pretty sure there were a handful left and they has petitioned Sylvanas for entry but the 7th Legion killed them all. Did one escape?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Doable but I think there are better options out there. Still can't deny that I'm all for another undead type race. If they do happen at least I hope that they make them more monster than elf.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Is there really any need to have another shade of Belves in the Horde? I don't think so... And, IMHO, there's no need to waste resources and artists' time on stuff like that either, when they could improve Belven customisation w/o spreading stuff thinly across multiple versions of Belves across two factions.

And Blizz have already said that they weren't going to rework DK starting experience in the foreseeable future.

WoW char customisation is still outdated af, it's outdated back in 2004 when WoW's predecessors had better/more options and flexibility, and it's almost 2019 now. There's many more things they should work on rather than adding meaningless allied races that only hurt original races because none of their options are made available to those, and in some cases entire allied races could be turned into a set of additional customisation options for original races.
    Yes, there is really a need. i want my DK with red glowing eyes and have an option to an allied race on the horde faction. I do not disagree with more custom options for Belves, though - and DKs for that matter.

When did Blizz say that? Years ago?

But they don't, so i prefere allied races for DKs.