Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Or they made changes in batches. First was Ele. Now Marksmanship. Hope we are next

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    The real problem is there underlying vision for Enhancement. Once the game moved away from the need to have a buff spec, there was never a good vision for what Enhancement was supposed to be.
    overall seems solid although i would make some small adjustemnts
    SS change to WF is a bit cosmetic in Your case and i dont really get it personally i would change it dmg to nature+physical combo so it can gain dmg from mastery and stormbringer to constant ~10% proc chance so when it proc you feel the awsomnes of pressing that button again not like now where we basicly spam it.

Would make sunder and ascendance basline for extra aoe, utility and mobility.

I dont think they will let us freeze enemies in place while we have feral lounge at our disposal that would make nasty combo,
    same with stoneclaw totem and earth elemental a bit to much.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

The real problem is there underlying vision for Enhancement. Once the game moved away from the need to have a buff spec, there was never a good vision for what Enhancement was supposed to be.
    Post it on official game forums as concept, I think community might like it.

Deleted
    Yep man, post all that in official forums, maybe some dev see it (may be...) and, if not all, can get some ideas to improve us a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by setha View Post
    Post it on official game forums as concept, I think community might like it.
    I am forever banned frm forums #busshock, but please feel free to copy it onto there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    overall seems solid although i would make some small adjustemnts
    SS change to WF is a bit cosmetic in Your case and i dont really get it personally i would change it dmg to nature+physical combo so it can gain dmg from mastery and stormbringer to constant ~10% proc chance so when it proc you feel the awsomnes of pressing that button again not like now where we basicly spam it.

Would make sunder and ascendance basline for extra aoe, utility and mobility.

I dont think they will let us freeze enemies in place while we have feral lounge at our disposal that would make nasty combo,
    same with stoneclaw totem and earth elemental a bit to much.
    Well if you see, I removed feral lunge, and replaced it with a revamped Ride the Lightning, which is thematically more interesting and doesn't put us in wolf form. They share the same tier, so even if you kept Feral Lunge, you either have the option to charge a target...or root them. We had frozen power in the past also.

The change to SS is more than cosmetic, because it also gives us completely control over our Windfury burst. Windfury is no longer passive that can activate at any time, instead activating when you use the ability. So you'd effectively be proccing Windfury every 9 seconds, or ~6 times per minute. Except you do it on demand and not randomly.

These are just base ideas, I don't know anything about tuning so I can't comment on the change you suggest for stormbringer.

As for sunder and Ascendance, I think leaving them as talents is fine.

As for stoneclaw, there is an alternate talent idea in Spirit Hunt, which would make our Feral Spirits are very powerful survival tool. Also, Stoneclaw could replace earthyboi upon selection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amigaria View Post
    Yep man, post all that in official forums, maybe some dev see it (may be...) and, if not all, can get some ideas to improve us a bit.
    Same, I am banned from original forums since BusShock era. Please feel free to post for me and credit.
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2018-10-19 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Deleted
    Same, I am banned from original forums since BusShock era. Please feel free to post for me and credit.
    In process, but not the credit

If it's usefull for improve a bit our spec worth the try.
    Last edited by mmoc0f00c6a0c1; 2018-10-19 at 05:12 PM.

I am forever banned frm forums #busshock, but please feel free to copy it onto there.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you see, I removed feral lunge, and replaced it with a revamped Ride the Lightning, which is thematically more interesting and doesn't put us in wolf form. They share the same tier, so even if you kept Feral Lunge, you either have the option to charge a target...or root them. We had frozen power in the past also.

The change to SS is more than cosmetic, because it also gives us completely control over our Windfury burst. Windfury is no longer passive that can activate at any time, instead activating when you use the ability. So you'd effectively be proccing Windfury every 9 seconds, or ~6 times per minute. Except you do it on demand and not randomly.

These are just base ideas, I don't know anything about tuning so I can't comment on the change you suggest for stormbringer.

As for sunder and Ascendance, I think leaving them as talents is fine.

As for stoneclaw, there is an alternate talent idea in Spirit Hunt, which would make our Feral Spirits are very powerful survival tool. Also, Stoneclaw could replace earthyboi upon selection.

- - - Updated - - -

Why change SS though, we've always had it, it's as OG to enhancement as 2 handers.
    I like windfury, but the nature of it has always been rng, that's half the fun.
    I still think shaman in general need their utility back, what made them hybrid. With everything homogenized as it has been since cata, is what's causing issues. I always look back at cata as the spiritual death of shaman.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2018-10-19 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Why change SS though, we've always had it, it's as OG to enhancement as 2 handers.
    I like windfury, but the nature of it has always been rng, that's half the fun.
    I still think shaman in general need their utility back, what made them hybrid. With everything homogenized as it has been since cata, is what's causing issues. I always look back at cata as the spiritual death of shaman.

One of the problems with Enhance is the uncontrollable burst, alongside just never really hitting hard outside of procs due to so many sources of damage.

Also, the OG Stormstrike wasn't an actual attack. Like nearly everything else, EXCEPT WINDFURY, it was changed. The original stormstrike was a garbage talent that just reset swing timer, that a lot of people didn't even bother taking, because they spec'd into enhancement to get the bonus dmg to Windfury while adding Elemental Devastation from ELE or Nature's Swiftness from RESTO.

The rng proc factor is fun and is still there in essewnce by allowing stormbringer to proc on this new combined version of stormstrike and windfury, resetting it instantly much in the way stormstrike currently works. The difference is you proc windfury on demand. At a 9 sec cooldown just roughly ~6 procs per minute. This is still allowing that fun spammy playstyle...while also giving better control over when you burst. Too many times, especially in pvp, does windfury proc randomly, but at a time that I have nothing else to follow it up with to nuke. With something like what I suggested, you could hover at a 5 stack maelstrom, and have a burst sequence of something like: Earthen Spike, Windfury, Instant Lightning Bolt, Rockbiter. It also gives you better control over burst phases for raiding, where if rng treats you badly, you get zero windfury procs.

Think of it like how Frost DKs control when they Obliterate.
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

One of the problems with Enhance is the uncontrollable burst, alongside just never really hitting hard outside of procs due to so many sources of damage.

Also, the OG Stormstrike wasn't an actual attack. Like nearly everything else, EXCEPT WINDFURY, it was changed. The original stormstrike was a garbage talent that just reset swing timer, that a lot of people didn't even bother taking, because they spec'd into enhancement to get the bonus dmg to Windfury while adding Elemental Devastation from ELE or Nature's Swiftness from RESTO.

The rng proc factor is fun and is still there in essewnce by allowing stormbringer to proc on this new combined version of stormstrike and windfury, resetting it instantly much in the way stormstrike currently works. The difference is you proc windfury on demand. At a 9 sec cooldown just roughly ~6 procs per minute. This is still allowing that fun spammy playstyle...while also giving better control over when you burst. Too many times, especially in pvp, does windfury proc randomly, but at a time that I have nothing else to follow it up with to nuke. With something like what I suggested, you could hover at a 5 stack maelstrom, and have a burst sequence of something like: Earthen Spike, Windfury, Instant Lightning Bolt, Rockbiter. It also gives you better control over burst phases for raiding, where if rng treats you badly, you get zero windfury procs.

Think of it like how Frost DKs control when they Obliterate.
    I agree that the biggest issue surrounding Enh is the way burst works. And when you add in burst and look at it from an overall dungeon damage point of view, it's fairly well balanced. The problem is when you break it down to raid encounter, or basically any encounter where you know you need priority dps or burst. A lot of other classes suffer this way too though, any class with a ramping mechanic (except arcane mage in AOE burst). And really I think all of them are kind of behind the curve right now in play-ability. Enh is suffering because the burst, the actual "burn-phase" for enh can either be absurdly high or rather low and unrewarding. It's heavily tied to RNG. And because the burst can be so high, the rest of the damage has to be turned down.
    I don't think bringing back the old style lightining shield procs is going to really fix that, overall you will be able to plan to have a burst available, but when you are holding off for a needed burst window, you are just losing DPS. Now you can boost baseline abilities, but at that point, burst would be nerfed and enh would be just like every other class... instead of what they tried to do with them. Ele suffers similarly, but it's mostly due to the slow way you build maelstrom.

That's why I don't think changing spells so much is the real answer, I think totems and class fantasy, something that used to be very strong for shaman would be the best course. Can fill the gap, either by giving totems to manage damage windows, say a totem gives guarenteed proc +50% +25% and a damage boost, or so on.

I do like the idea of going back to the melee caster, I think Wrath really nailed enh. Lightening shield giving insta cast lightning, chain, or even heal cast if I remember, the shocks were situational, for slowing, damaging, or dot. And they were tied to a cooldown. Liquid magma totem was great, throwing totems down felt good.
    A shaman should only be as good as his totems.

Now this all comes with a big caveat... The game is different, Wrath was a MMORPG, CATA+ is a MMOActionGame with RPG elements. Everyones rotation and abilities have massively changed into rotations based on a pre-set "how-to-play" guideline. Totems need to get worked into that rotation and they need to exist as utility (which they do, IE reactively dropping Tremor).

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I agree that the biggest issue surrounding Enh is the way burst works. And when you add in burst and look at it from an overall dungeon damage point of view, it's fairly well balanced. The problem is when you break it down to raid encounter, or basically any encounter where you know you need priority dps or burst. A lot of other classes suffer this way too though, any class with a ramping mechanic (except arcane mage in AOE burst). And really I think all of them are kind of behind the curve right now in play-ability. Enh is suffering because the burst, the actual "burn-phase" for enh can either be absurdly high or rather low and unrewarding. It's heavily tied to RNG. And because the burst can be so high, the rest of the damage has to be turned down.
    I don't think bringing back the old style lightining shield procs is going to really fix that, overall you will be able to plan to have a burst available, but when you are holding off for a needed burst window, you are just losing DPS. Now you can boost baseline abilities, but at that point, burst would be nerfed and enh would be just like every other class... instead of what they tried to do with them. Ele suffers similarly, but it's mostly due to the slow way you build maelstrom.
    This is how I know you didn't read all of what I wrote (understandably), because Lightning Shield as I have suggested deals ZERO damage and is a defensive ability.

That's why I don't think changing spells so much is the real answer, I think totems and class fantasy, something that used to be very strong for shaman would be the best course. Can fill the gap, either by giving totems to manage damage windows, say a totem gives guarenteed proc +50% +25% and a damage boost, or so on.
    There is an entire tier dedicated to this adding fan favorite: Windfury Totem, its red-headed stepsister Skyfury Totem, and then making Ancestral Protection Totem available to Enhance (raid survivability/battle rez)
    I do like the idea of going back to the melee caster, I think Wrath really nailed enh. Lightening shield giving insta cast lightning, chain, or even heal cast if I remember, the shocks were situational, for slowing, damaging, or dot. And they were tied to a cooldown. Liquid magma totem was great, throwing totems down felt good.
    A shaman should only be as good as his totems.
    I agree, but the issue is they moved away from this. Totems are now cooldowns and utility, as the current game has no place for buff totems. You will rarely get the community behind having their dps shifted away from their character to a clunky AI stick, especially when that was the biggest complaint about searing totem in the first place.

Now this all comes with a big caveat... The game is different, Wrath was a MMORPG, CATA+ is a MMOActionGame with RPG elements. Everyones rotation and abilities have massively changed into rotations based on a pre-set "how-to-play" guideline. Totems need to get worked into that rotation and they need to exist as utility (which they do, IE reactively dropping Tremor).
    I like what you've written here, and it sparked an idea.

For instance, you mention totems worked into rotation. If certain totems were to remove their HP drawback, you could do something like this:

new enhancement AoE: Earthquake Totem
    Essentially a totem that casts the enhancement version of Earthquake I had already suggested previously.

This is woven into your AoE rotation, and provides a non-removable (no hp, AoE like Bladestorm or Blizzard, etc, etc) that maintains the totem fantasy, uses the totem artwork, while removing totem drawbacks and keeping the theme relevant to your AoE rotation.

This could be replaced with anything really --- Rework Magma Totem or Liquid Magma Totem back in, as long as it is no longer tied to an HP that can be removed (because you can't remove any other class's AoE).

But this is still pretty niche, and I don't see how you would work it into other the rest of the spec, UNLESS....

You revamp strikes to no longer be "Melee attacks", and instead of "striking" your enemy. You plant the appropriate totem into the ground and gain the current strike's ranged damage effect, while still gaining its buff to your player.

Ex. Rockbiter Totem(new): Set an earth totem into the ground that assaults your target with earthen power, dealing (X%) Nature Damage. 25 yard. 6 sec recharge. 2 Charges.

- This would use the Earth Totem graphic, and for all intents and purposes maintain the same function of Rockbiter currently, just graphically placing your Earth Totem to make the totem theme feel relevant. The totem graphic itself could stay on the field (doing nothing) until you recast Rockbiter, or fade away after a few seconds.

Ex. Flametongue Totem(new): Set a fire totem that scorches your target for X% Fire damage and then either A) Ignites the Shaman's weapons dealing extra fire dmg per attack (current Flametongue) or B) ignite the enemy for additional fire damage over time (flame shock effect).
    - Again this would use the Fire Totem graphic, and for all intents and purposes maintain the same function as current flametongue (or the flameshock version I proposed), just graphically placing your Fire Totem to make the totem theme feel relevant, rather than the target exploding with fire dmg from your fists. The totem graphic itself could stay on the field (doing nothing) until you recast Flametongue or fade away after a few seconds.

Meanwhile, you are still swinging away at the target in melee range. The totems feel relevant to your rotation and makes use of the amazing artwork that exists, AND the totems no longer suffer from the drawbacks they previously had. The same could be done for Frostbrand, while still maintaining the current and suggested utility totems.
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2018-10-19 at 08:28 PM.

I wish they would be just more viable in m+.

Almost 1 month of ptr and still no news on enha changes.

Starting to feel slightly worried.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

and subscription time is running out fast :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

They only just released the Shadow Priest stuff a few days ago - it seems they are....taking their time with class changes. Or they don't have a balance team currently. Or they are just slow. Whichever floats your boat.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    They only just released the Shadow Priest stuff a few days ago - it seems they are....taking their time with class changes. Or they don't have a balance team currently. Or they are just slow. Whichever floats your boat.
    whatever it is every day without info is rising stres levels and expectations to annoying levels,
    they could say et least
    "we are currently working on enh changes, its taking a loot of work time, we have also spend that time on other important things in development, please be patient for 2-3 weeks"
    assuming they really work on some changes...
    Last edited by kosajk; 2018-10-26 at 01:07 PM.

I do find myself enjoying enhance in raids on a casual level, but every time I run M+ I get disgusted and want to rage quit this character lol

Deleted
    If the remake is on same level as spriest/ele/prot id expect enh to be still crap in 8.1

Changes accomplished nothing in viability, I guess blizzards limit is heroics and m+10. They never balance above that.

Another PTR build and nothing for enhanc shamans. I guess it's time to accept that blizzard lied, what a surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgekhan View Post
    new ptr patch, no changes for enh shamy again.
    imo they have no idea about enh rework and they are in panic atm
    same feelings after 1 month