Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

[SPECULATION] Dark Horse for Undead Entity Responsible for Sylvanas as WC

So with 8.1 taking a dive with the Vol'jin quests into who was exactly behind whispering to Vol'jin to make Sylvanas Warchief, I've seen a lot of names thrown around. Mue'zehla (sp?), the Old Gods, Bwonsamdi's boss, Helya, etc...

But what if it was none of those people?

What if it was someone we've dealt with before? What if it was someone who had history with Sylvanas?
    What if it wasn't a plan by one person, but by multiple people?

What if the shadowy voice whispering to Vol'jin on his death bed to make Sylvanas was actually Kel'thuzad?

Think about it.
    Kel'thuzad has been in hiding since Wrath when we killed him at Naxx, but failed to eliminate his phylactery. In case you have forgotten, liches in WoW are not truly gone until you destroy their phylactery in addition to their body. Kel'thuzad has been rumored to be playing around in the Shadowlands, certainly placing him at the scene of the crime for being able to influence Vol'jin, and as one of the most powerful Necromancers Azeroth has ever seen, he is certainly someone who would benefit from the surplus of corpses running around.

But Gorronor, Kel'thuzad isn't strong enough to do all of this by his self, plus Vol'jin was weakened at the Broken Shore!
    You're right! Someone was messing with Vol'jin at the Broken Shore, or did something to hinder him while fighting there.
    Which is where the second partner comes in, someone who has previously worked with Kel'thuzad. Someone who would either be adept at disguises or would naturally be present at the Broken Shore. Aside from someone being a traitor in the Horde, the only other people present at the Broken Shore were the Alliance (who were not physically present during Vol'jin's demise) and the Legion. Putting all of this together, one name should have already came to mind or should be coming to mind right now:

Mal'ganis

Having worked with Kel'thuzad in the past, it would make a very efficient partnership with Mal'ganis being present during Vol'jin's fall and Kel'thuzad being ready to play the role of supportive Loa. It would explain how Varimathras was aware of the state of things too during the Antorus raid; Mal'ganis likely told him.
    Coincidentally, Mal'ganis hasn't been seen since the Broken Shore, which concerned a number of players considering the level of importance he has played in Azeroth's affairs over the years. Mal'ganis could have seen the writing on the walls and conspired with Kel'thuzad to put plans into motion to benefit from the Legion's fall. Blizzard has said that with the defeat of the Burning Legion and the imprisonment of Sargeras that the demons would likely begin to splinter off into separate factions in attempts to fill the power vacuum, so who is to say that someone intimately familiar with Azeroth's ability to defy the Legion would not get a leg up on their competition and work proactively?

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you work for this company, by any chance?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Malganis will appear soon. Lady Ashvane comes to mind. And whos she meeting with soon? Oh yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Do you work for this company, by any chance?
    Haha *giggle*

5+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, very funny.

Good point about Ashvane.

Given that Vol'jin said that someone far more powerful than Bwom or any Loa whispered him, saying that KT or Mal'Ganis did convince Vol'jin to appoint Sylvanas as the Warchief is kinda disrespectful towards Bwom.

Unless ofc KT and Mal'Ganis got some massive power-ups elsewhere.

Lol Ashvane didn't even exist yet in Legion. Y'all are reaching pretty hard.. you guys are thinking way too hard on something that's a lazy retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Given that Vol'jin said that someone far more powerful than Bwom or any Loa whispered him, saying that KT or Mal'Ganis did convince Vol'jin to appoint Sylvanas as the Warchief is kinda disrespectful towards Bwom.

Unless ofc KT and Mal'Ganis got some massive power-ups elsewhere.
    Well the dreadlords were capable of fighting wild gods, only the strongest like Cenarius and Malorne were capable of fighting the tough guys like Mannoroth and Archimonde and Hots has a quote of Malganis saying to Zul: Who you think was whispering your people? Besides Bwon is weak compared to Rezan and he was killed by Zul pretty easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Besides Bwon is weak compared to Rezan and he was killed by Zul pretty easy
    While Bwonsamdi might be weaker than Rezan, remember that the Dino loa was trapped into a ritual which only took his soul. It would probably be very different if Rezan had got to actually fight zul
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Malganis & Kelthuzad... No, just no. It would be quite boring if they were behind it.

They had their time to shine, and it would be quite a disappointment if Blizzard made these two the responsibles for Sylvanas warchief title.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Well the dreadlords were capable of fighting wild gods, only the strongest like Cenarius and Malorne were capable of fighting the tough guys like Mannoroth and Archimonde and Hots has a quote of Malganis saying to Zul: Who you think was whispering your people? Besides Bwon is weak compared to Rezan and he was killed by Zul pretty easy
    >Cenarius

The antler boi that got shrekt by one juiced ork boi??

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    >Cenarius

The antler boi that got shrekt by one juiced ork boi??
    Hwy that juiced boi one shoted mannoroth too

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    While Bwonsamdi might be weaker than Rezan, remember that the Dino loa was trapped into a ritual which only took his soul. It would probably be very different if Rezan had got to actually fight zul

Fair enough, maybe they should have show an already buffed old god Zul vs Rezan to hype more the fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Eyir says that Vol'jin was touched by the hand of Valor. I am suspicious of Ra'den. If not him alone exclusively, then him and Helya combined.

Don't forget that Ra'den worked together with Helya in the past, as they were the ones who created the Elemental Plane. Ra'den himself lost faith in Azeroth and the mortals, with only a glimmer of hope left of him after we free him. Now connect that with Sylvanas making a deal with Helya, an old affiliate of his, and things start coming together.

If you think about it further, Ra'den appointed Sylvanas as warchief through Vol'jin, only for her go directly to Stormheim and make a deal with Helya. We do not know the extent of her deal with Helya and what Sylvanas promised to give in return, but it could very likely be something Ra'den wanted in return for sending Sylvanas to Helya.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-26 at 04:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Eyir says that Vol'jin was touched by the hand of Valor. I am suspicious of Ra'den. If not him alone exclusively, then him and Helya combined.
    The only guy spouting Valor at each step was Odyn. And I don't think he even cares about people enough to bring hem back from the dead.
    But since Odyn was the prime designate, I think Azeroth herself might need more than just a Speaker
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    dafuq did i just read
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The only guy spouting Valor at each step was Odyn. And I don't think he even cares about people enough to bring hem back from the dead.
    But since Odyn was the prime designate, I think Azeroth herself might need more than just a Speaker
    I suspected Ra'den because of the way Eyir puts it; being touched by the hand of valor could very well translate to being manipulated with by someone of near-similar stature of Odyn within the ranks of the titanforged creations.

While Odyn is the only one to talk about valor all day long, it could be that Eyir's sensation came from the fact that she associates essence or magic similar to Odyn's with valor itself. It could of course be Azeroth herself because she's a titan too and would give off the same emanations as a titanforged creation, such as Odyn.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-26 at 04:17 PM.

Vol'jin was brought back by Azeroth, Sylvanas was appointed by N'zoth. It's the most obvious and clear choices. You heard it here first.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It could of course be Azeroth herself because she's a titan too and would give off the same emanations as a titanforged creation, such as Odyn.
    Exactly why I thought of Azeroth.
    They way they are all acting so dumbfounded as to who could've accomplished this, makes me think that whoever brought him back is above their league. And so far, all I can think of is Azeroth herself needing another champion.

I've actually thought that it might be Kel'Thuzad myself, since we know he's in the Shadowlands. He's the most obvious death entity besides the ones we know aren't involved. Without a Lich King to serve, maybe he's amassing power for himself. I also like the Mal'Ganis tie in, would be nice to know where he is.

Doesn't explain who brought Vol'jin back, but it probably was Azeroth like other people are saying.

That's such good writing I actually kind of doubt that's the case. I've been worried they've completely forgotten about those two since Mal'ganis swore revenge and Kel'thuzad's phylactery wasn't destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Vol'jin was brought back by Azeroth, Sylvanas was appointed by N'zoth. It's the most obvious and clear choices. You heard it here first.
    I'm not convinced. They've made a point that the void, for whatever reason, fears Sylvanas. How would N'zoth benefit from that? That's why the questline goes through a big long list of death-themed rather than void-themed baddies. (a blurry line for sure, but one they've made a point to create in this expansion's story)

Plus we already did "warchief corrupted by old god". ("hurr garrosh wasn't corrupted he just ate an old god heart and turned into a freaky monster after having his head filled with visions of glorious bloody conquest")
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-26 at 04:55 PM.